What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)

Pages: (16): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
Author: Message:
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
Newest Version 1.0.15, check the bottom of this post..

Here is the requested plugin, that enables ýou to add an automatic update counter in your nickname, count down to your birthday, to the day you are getting married, or days since something special happened...

It supports customization of weather to count in years, days, hours minutes or seconds, can do more or all of them in one, adds a prefix to the numbers, eg, year(s), these are customizable, to give more freedom to foreign languages.
Custom time to change nick name, in seconds.
Supports setting text infront and after the "count" text.

Limits:
Limit of count time is somewhere near 30 years, go above that and the plugin crashes
Limit of delay between each change is almost 12 hours, and min advised dleay is 6 seconds, but this can be set lower but will result in a message box saying it cannort change your name when it have change 10 times.
The limit of the protocol is 10 nick changes in 60 seconds.

Bugs:
The plugin might be some what buggy, it's not finished and might not come another further than this, this plugin wasn't really intended to go as far as i it does, but here it is....
I have tried to eliminate as many bugs as possible in this litle time, as long as you stick to "the rules" there should be no problems....

Date/Time:
The date & time to count to needs to specified full, eg: 04-05-06 09:15:24
I am not sure how well it goes using 12 hour time, but 24 hour time works... if oyu don't need hours, minutes, seconds or anything like that, then just fill those with 00:00:00 and set the plugin to only count/show days...
If the time giving to the plugin will cause any problems it will tell you so on clicking the ok button...

How to use:
go to Plus -> configuration -> Plugins, select "Nickname Counter" and press the Configure button... OR open a conversation window, go to Plus -> Plugins -> Nickname Counter -> Configure
Then fill in the configuration screen and you are ready to go.. Click ok then in a conversation window type "/xcntenable" to enable the counter, and use "/xcntdisable" to disable the counter.
You can use the tag (!XCOUNT) in a conversation window to send the text that is the curent count. This way you can also have a counter counting but do it the way so it doesn't change your nickname...
when setting the nickname in the configuration screen use (!XCOUNT) as tag where the count should be placed eg: "Somenick (!XCOUNT) to my wedding"... This also goes when you use the "/xcntsetnick"...

Install:
Extract the zip file to the Messenger Plus!\Plugins folder, and run the "Install NickCount.bat" file, then restart MSN Messenger and you are ready to go... :D..

Enough with all the babbling, here it is... Enjoy!!! :D...

Please post ideas, comments, bugs here... But don't expect much more releases on this one, but you can try and post and I might continue... ;)

Edit:
Fixed the annoying bug that made it not work.. it should work now.. :D...

Update:
Version 1.0.9
Major Update, Improvemt!

- Improved the Date/Time issue alot, put in a callender and a control to do the clock...
- New way of writing the name, use %y, %d, %h, %m, %s as tags instead of (!XCOUNT), gives you only the corrisponding count as you want
- Major Gui improvements
- Added Enable/Disable button in config screen
- /xcntsetnick command now works properly.. using the % tags...
- A preview text box enables you to better see the result.. :D...
- Nick Changes imediatly on choosing ok, initialize, using the /xcntsetnick command, enabling...
- Better handling of the delay count.. :D.. A combobox with different suggestions, and ability to enter your own number of seconds...
- Saves to registry instead of ini file.. User-based, settings only saved for the user curently logged into your msn messenger...

Update:
Version 1.0.15
- Added the ability to add a "prefix" after day, hour etc...
It works using [] with the corrisponding s, d, h, y, m followed by the prefix you want, eg: day[ds] will result in day when the days count is 1, and days when the days count is anything else but 1.. :D...
Some full examples:
"Nick^%y year[ys], %d day[ds], %h hour[hs], %m min[ms], %s sec[ss] to some event"
and a danish version to show the difference
Nick^%y år, %d dag[de], %h time[hr ], %m minut[mter], %s sekund[ser]
Hope this is explanation enoug! :D (NB: in the [hr ] tag, the space should be removed, but this caused the post to create a line.. :S..)
- The "help" label have been made smaller, and now you wil have to doulbe click on it to get the tag help msgbox.. :P
- Works with the official Public release of MSN 7.. Didn't need any change.. :P...

Think this was all for now.. A new version is in the progress which will have the ability to add multiple counts, which will be changed to when the first count reaches 0 secs, it will then do another counte,r and when that one reaches 0 it will go on to the next count, and so on.. :D...

Enjoy!

I think this was all for now.. :D.. Enjoy.... A screenshot will be posted in the last post...

.zip File Attachment: Count Nickname.zip (29.16 KB)
This file has been downloaded 9992 time(s).

This post was edited on 04-07-2005 at 07:40 AM by (CyBeRDuDe).
03-09-2005 06:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Screeny

35 / Male / –
RE: Counter in Nickname Released
Thank You for making this Plugin :)

But it doesn't work for me, cause' it doesn't show up in the Plugin-Section of MsgPlus.

I Am using 7.0.0632 and MsgPlus 3.40.112. 
Official StuffPlug-NG German Translator.
Offizieller StuffPlug-NG Deutsch-Übersetzer.

[Image: banner10se.gif]
03-09-2005 06:49 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

Are you sure that you've followed the instructions correctly?

Cyberdude, can we have some compatibility information please?

Reading through that, it sounds like a pretty decent plugin.

* user27089 downloads as it is his birthday soon :p.
03-09-2005 07:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Counter in Nickname Released
quote:
Originally posted by Screeny

But it doesn't work for me, cause' it doesn't show up in the Plugin-Section of MsgPlus.

Did you follow my exact instructions? If yes, then maybe the installer bat doesn't work properly... I'm not sure, didn't test it, but it is so easy and so litle it shouldn't be able to go wrong.. :s..
Try doing the following:
Go to Start menu -> run, type cmd and press enter.
Now type "cd\" and then press enter, then type "cd %programfiles%\messenger plus! 3\plugins" and press enter... then type "regsvr32 CountNick.dll" and press enter... a message box should appear telling you if it succeded or not... then close the window and go to start -> run and type "regedit" and press enter (be aware that using the registry database is of own repsonisibilty, I do NOT take any repsonsibility of any damage this may cause!), then navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins
right click on the right window and select "New String Value", name that one "Nickname Counter", dobule click on in at a box will appear here you type "CountNick.clsCountNick"... close the registry program, and close messenger (entirely, right click on the systray and choose exit) then start messenger again, and should work, if not, then please report again...

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

* traxor downloads as it is his birthday soon :p.

Compatibilty:

I don't really have any compatibility it haven't been tested in anything else but my own computer, I use:

MSN Messenger 7 Public Beta 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus! Beta 3.40.110
And if you want :P (StuffPlug NG 2.1.xxx)

Windows Messenger shouldn't be needed... so this shouldn't be any problem.. :D...

Have you tried it? any errors? problems installing/running?
03-09-2005 07:33 PM
Cromp

The Sh*t has really hit the fan

would it be possible, in a future update, so allow the counter to work in your 'Personal Message'?

Its not coming up in my Plus Plugins either.

This post was edited on 03-09-2005 at 08:24 PM by Cromp.
03-09-2005 08:20 PM
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

34 / Male / –
hmmm, doesn't seem to be working, it's not appearing in the plug-ins list and when i start MSN, there is some sort of error that says mis-match in it....

if you get it to work then, cromp,...

quote:
Originally posted by Cromp
would it be possible, in a future update, so allow the counter to work in your 'Personal Message'?

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)

You can use the tag (!XCOUNT) in a conversation window to send the text that is the curent count

?
03-09-2005 08:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Doemaarwat

RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
quote:
Originally posted by Screeny

Did you follow my exact instructions? If yes, then maybe the installer bat doesn't work properly... I'm not sure, didn't test it, but it is so easy and so litle it shouldn't be able to go wrong.. :s..
Try doing the following:
Go to Start menu -> run, type cmd and press enter.
Now type "cd\" and then press enter, then type "cd %programfiles%\messenger plus! 3\plugins" and press enter... then type "regsvr32 CountNick.dll" and press enter... a message box should appear telling you if it succeded or not... then close the window and go to start -> run and type "regedit" and press enter (be aware that using the registry database is of own repsonisibilty, I do NOT take any repsonsibility of any damage this may cause!), then navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins
right click on the right window and select "New String Value", name that one "Nickname Counter", dobule click on in at a box will appear here you type "CountNick.clsCountNick"... close the registry program, and close messenger (entirely, right click on the systray and choose exit) then start messenger again, and should work, if not, then please report again...

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

* traxor downloads as it is his birthday soon :p.

Compatibilty:

I don't really have any compatibility it haven't been tested in anything else but my own computer, I use:

MSN Messenger 7 Public Beta 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus! Beta 3.40.110
And if you want :P (StuffPlug NG 2.1.xxx)

Windows Messenger shouldn't be needed... so this shouldn't be any problem.. :D...

Have you tried it? any errors? problems installing/running?

Thanks very much for your time, but it unfortunately doesn't work for me. I also have the same version that you have (except for StuffPlug) and get an error: Runtime error '13' Type Mismatch. See attachment. I have checked the registry and the value is correct.

Edit: I have the Dutch translation of MsgPlus and use a Dutch language setting.

.jpg File Attachment: error.jpg (11.06 KB)
This file has been downloaded 864 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-09-2005 at 09:46 PM by Doemaarwat.
03-09-2005 09:44 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Counter in Nickname Released
Hmm.. Seems to me there is a lot of problems here.. :(... Has anyboyd actually got it working? :S... traxor?... anybody?.. or did I do something really wrong.. :S..
03-09-2005 09:48 PM
Doemaarwat

Maybe you can send me a debug version with msgboxes in it or something like that.... Maybe it is a date time conversion thing or so...I am online with msn so maybe I can help you directly?
03-09-2005 09:56 PM
taz030485

39 / Male / –
Happy  RE: Counter in Nickname Released
Just downloaded, killed msn and Plus, installed fine (I checked the reg after running the .bat and the key is the and correct (Y)), ran plus again, ran msn and I got this error.

MSN sat there saying I was signing in till I clicked OK and once I was signed in I checked the plugin list and there is nothing :S but its running otherwise where would the error box come from. I killed everything and tried again and the exact same thing happened.

It is the only plugin I have installed, I am using MSN 7.0.0604, Plus 3.40.112 and XP PRO SP2.

Hope this info helps and this isn't going to be the only release, as I've wanted a plugin like this for a while now, pitty my bday was last week :P

.jpg File Attachment: Error.JPG (5.56 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1005 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-09-2005 at 10:33 PM by taz030485.
[Image: taz030485.png]
03-09-2005 10:23 PM
Pages: (16): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: