What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)

Pages: (16): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
Author: Message:
taz030485

39 / Male / –
RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
---------------------------
CountNick
Run-time error '13':

Type mismatch
OK   

when i start msn :S

MSN 7.0.0632/7.0.0425
MsgPlus 3.50 (this might be the problem)

Firstly when did you download the plugin as it was updated  after a lot of ppl had gotten the same error msg. If in fact you do have the fixed version try killing everything MSN, plus etc using task manager, then rerun the bat file, run plus and MSN again and hope fully that will fix the error msg.

Secondly I realised earlier that the plugin does NOT work with MSN 7.0.0604 and I think the same would be true for 623, tho I have not tried, 425 works fine tho.

Thirdly and most importantly MsgPlus 3.50 HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED!! As far as I know, if I am wrong pleaes correct me and tell me where it is you found out it was, as this, the offical site doesn't have it ^o) and if it didn't come from here it ain't MsgPlus
[Image: taz030485.png]
03-10-2005 08:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: Counter in Nickname Released
quote:
Originally posted by taz030485
Firstly when did you download the plugin as it was updated  after a lot of ppl had gotten the same error msg. If in fact you do have the fixed version try killing everything MSN, plus etc using task manager, then rerun the bat file, run plus and MSN again and hope fully that will fix the error msg.

well ill try downloading it again now and see if it helps :)
quote:
Secondly I realised earlier that the plugin does NOT work with MSN 7.0.0604 and I think the same would be true for 623, tho I have not tried, 425 works fine tho.

as i said i have the same problem with .0425 as well

quote:
Thirdly and most importantly MsgPlus 3.50 HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED!! As far as I know, if I am wrong pleaes correct me and tell me where it is you found out it was, as this, the offical site doesn't have it and if it didn't come from here it ain't MsgPlus

your right it hasnt been released, but im a beta tester ;)
03-10-2005 08:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
taz030485

39 / Male / –
quote:
as i said i have the same problem with .0425 as well
If you go back to one of my previous posts I noted that it worked with 425 and Plus 3.40.112.

quote:
your right it hasnt been released, but im a beta tester ;)

I noticed that after I posted;) "COUGH"GIMME"COUGH" JK:P It might be 3.50 then. Keep up with the beta testing(Y)
03-10-2005 08:47 AM
Eljay
Elite Member

– / Male / –
ok well i downloaded it again and it works so thanx for the help :P
03-10-2005 08:49 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Counter in Nickname Released
quote:
Originally posted by Doemaarwat
hmmm... I sound the plugin, have set the information and it does not change my nick at all. What did I do wrong?

You need to type "/xcntenable" in a converation window to activate the chaning of nicknames... please read the top post carefully....

Good to see a few people is getting it working...
To all of you that cannot make it work, please note that it does NOT work with 0.604....
03-10-2005 09:14 AM
Doemaarwat

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
quote:
Originally posted by Doemaarwat
hmmm... I sound the plugin, have set the information and it does not change my nick at all. What did I do wrong?

You need to type "/xcntenable" in a converation window to activate the chaning of nicknames... please read the top post carefully....

Good to see a few people is getting it working...
To all of you that cannot make it work, please note that it does NOT work with 0.604....

Stupid, stupid me ... it works fine here now :) excellent.

PS: CyberDude, did you get my PM?
03-10-2005 09:20 AM
Eljay
Elite Member

– / Male / –
ok im getting more problems
code:
CountNick
Run-time error '6':

Overflow
OK   

this happens with msgplus 3.4 and 3.5 with msn 7.0.0425 and 7.0.0632 so its not a compatibility problem :P
03-10-2005 09:24 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
ok im getting more problems
code:
CountNick
Run-time error '6':

Overflow
OK   

this happens with msgplus 3.4 and 3.5 with msn 7.0.0425 and 7.0.0632 so its not a compatibility problem :P

This seems to be a problem with the time delay, or the Date & Time to count to... Have you had the plugin running before this error? O have you still not been able to get it working?.. if you have had it running before, please go to the plugins folder and just delete the "Nickname Counter.ini" file... I don't no if this fixes it, but it might... If you haven't had it running before then I don't really know what the problem is... :S... I'll try making a version with some more debugging information for you people having problems...
03-10-2005 09:44 AM
taz030485

39 / Male / –
I'm a bit of an idiot :P earlier when I explained that it didn't work with 604 I never acctually tried "/xcntenable" as i didn't fully read the first post. when I tried it with 425 I did, and also my final attempt on 604 I did not try "/xcntenable"

Just a thought could the non-compatibility with 604 be the fact that you can't use / commands *-) is there any other way to enable the plugin wothout doing it through a convo?
EDIT: Never mind, just checked the ini file and enable is true and my name is not changing, so therefore it must be to do with MSN 604;)

This post was edited on 03-10-2005 at 09:55 AM by taz030485.
03-10-2005 09:49 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
I'm a bit of an idiot :P earlier when I explained that it didn't work with 604 I never acctually tried "/xcntenable" as i didn't fully read the first post. when I tried it with 425 I did, and also my final attempt on 604 I did not try "/xcntenable"

Just a thought could the non-compatibility with 604 be the fact that you can't use / commands *-) is there any other way to enable the plugin wothout doing it through a convo?

Ahh.. I See... Ok, I never thought that the problem with 604 and MSG plus was that it doesn't work with / commands... I can easily just add and enable/disable button in the configuration screen... I this is all it takes to make it compatible with 604 I'll do it... :D... hopefully sometime today... :D..
03-10-2005 09:55 AM
Pages: (16): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: