What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Plus Icon in IMWindow

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Plus Icon in IMWindow
Author: Message:
noroom

www.noroom.tk

O.P. RE: Plus Icon in IMWindow
maximized window, still no "plus action icon".

what exactly is contained in there?

.jpg File Attachment: screen1803-1231.jpg (43.07 KB)
This file has been downloaded 289 time(s).
03-18-2005 05:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Plus Icon in IMWindow
I believe the icon is only visible if you're using MSN Messenger 6.
03-18-2005 05:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I don't have that plus! action icon there, I think it may be to do with 6.2 and have activites there or something, but I'm not sure, I don't have it, but at least you have the sound icon now...

It may be to do with the fact that you have a skin as said before...
03-18-2005 05:47 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Shaggie
I hate to suggest it but it appears as though it would fit under the "My Display Picture".  The only question is "Is it possible to put it there?"
No. Same as before: the display picture can be hidden and all that space will be gone. Just as you can disable all the other toolbars:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=409507]
msn messenger 6

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
the plus action submenu thingy next to the block button up the top, i dont have that either
quote:
Originally posted by noroom
Everything you've circled in red is missing in my IM window, except for the plus! icon in the textbox where you type.
Why? Beats me!
I hate to repeat it over and over again but: if you read the Official Messenger Plus! Help Pages, Messenger Plus! Tutorials and/or FAQ, all your questions like these are answered...

In general:

Plus! main menu:
This is a normal conversation window menu. So to show it you need to show your window menus. This can be done by pressing on the little round icon on the top left side of the conversation window.

Plus!' submenu in the MSN Messenger action menu:
This is only available in MSN Messenger 6. In MSN Messenger 7, this button has been removed by Messenger itself and replaced with the bigger Activities button.

Also make sure you have your standard toolbar enabled in Messenger itself: Tools > Show toolbars > Standard

Plus' enhanced toolbar in typing area:
This used to be on the formatting toolbar above the typing area. But because this toolbar got so full and cluttered in the new MSN Messenger 7, the icon has been moved to it's own small panel. A new custom sound menu has been added also. To activate it you need to enable:
Plus! Preferences > Instant Messages > General Options > Enhance the toolbars with Messenger Plus! features.

.png File Attachment: plus3_iconposition.png (20.65 KB)
This file has been downloaded 497 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-19-2005 at 10:11 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-18-2005 06:00 PM
noroom

www.noroom.tk

CookieRevised,

All I'm doing here is trying to suggest better places for that Plus! icon, because I don't think it's a great idea that our workspace gets reduced.

Patchou: What about adding it as a tab below the textbox? Just like handwriting, but instead it would popup a menu at cursor position.

... I don't even know why I keep trying. It's not like he's gonna listen to my suggestions. How frustrating, heh...
03-19-2005 12:12 AM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by noroom
Patchou: What about adding it as a tab below the textbox? Just like handwriting, but instead it would popup a menu at cursor position.

... I don't even know why I keep trying. It's not like he's gonna listen to my suggestions. How frustrating, heh...
It's not that. It's the fact that it can be disabled. If you disable it you get that little piece of space back. So why remove it at all?

Pop-ups are annoying, imo. I rather have it there.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

03-19-2005 12:17 AM
noroom

www.noroom.tk

I don't want to disable it. I want to have it, but not taking up that specific space.

I guess I'll disable it and live without it.
03-19-2005 04:24 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Patchou does listen to suggestions. But believe me, there is no better/other place for the icon. The place where it is now is the best place it can be, this will nog change. IF there was a possible better place it wouldn't be where it is now...

Everything in Messenger Plus! isn't simply and quickly slammed together like put some things here and put some things there, it is thought about. And as you can see in my previous screenshot, there is NO other place to put it.

As for a tab; if you would slide up a menu from it when you click, that wouldn't be a tab anymore. Windows is all about consistency; you can't just go and change the functionality from controls. And also, Plus! is an addon, not a stand alone chatprogram. It only can use what is available by hooking MSN Messenger.

So thank you for your suggestions, but it will stay where it is, afterall it's only 24 pixels. That's less then 2 small letters. Your display picture takes more space, even when in the smallest size!

This post was edited on 03-19-2005 at 10:35 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-19-2005 10:29 AM
Pc_Madness

Are you a tester or a developer CookieRevised?

Personally I agree with noroom, put it on the left side of the Handwriting toolbar. On 7 they use the images instead of text so theres plenty of room on really small windows, and on 6.2 it would be pretty hard to run out of room anyway. 

The button for Plus used to be on the Formating toolbar, so I don't see why Patchou couldn't pull off putting them on the handwriting toolbar instead?
03-20-2005 12:55 AM
noroom

www.noroom.tk

(see attachment)

.jpg File Attachment: betterway.jpg (24.16 KB)
This file has been downloaded 280 time(s).
03-20-2005 01:04 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: