What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Custom sounds...

Custom sounds...
Author: Message:
whYeNQue

thats me (",)

41 / Male / –
O.P. Custom sounds...
I don't know how or why I can't hear custom sounds... its really odd. No matter what combination of ticks i have in the sounds preferences, they still don't work

see the picture...

I have tried other accounts on my computer and they work fine... its just mine. Maybe its cos of some plus! registy tweaks i did aaaaages ago... but i have no idea what it could be :|

anykhways if anyone could help... I would be grateful, if not, I'll have to do without the sounds :'(

.jpg File Attachment: argh.jpg (111.24 KB)
This file has been downloaded 315 time(s).
03-18-2005 12:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Custom sounds...
If that happens just with your account, then it probably is a setting as you said. Close Messenger and delete your account's settings this way:

Go to Start > Run, type "regedit" and press Enter.
Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2.
Right click your e-mail address and click Export, then save your settings somewhere.
Right click your e-mail address again and click Delete. This will delete your account's settings (in case you want them back, you can double click the file you exported previously and they will be restored).
Open Messenger, log in and see what happens.

WARNING: You should be careful when editing the registry, as it contains important data for Windows and all your programs, if you carefully follow the steps I described, then there should be no problems :-)
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
03-18-2005 01:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by whYeNQue
I don't know how or why I can't hear custom sounds... its really odd. No matter what combination of ticks i have in the sounds preferences, they still don't work

see the picture...

I have tried other accounts on my computer and they work fine... its just mine. Maybe its cos of some plus! registy tweaks i did aaaaages ago... but i have no idea what it could be :|

anykhways if anyone could help... I would be grateful, if not, I'll have to do without the sounds :'(
I see that you're using a modded MSN Messenger (or at least did something to it). Run a clean, unpatch, unmodified MSN Messenger, and see if it still occurs...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-18-2005 01:52 AM
whYeNQue

thats me (",)

41 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Custom sounds...
well... as to answer CookieRevised first... I am using modded messenger with the other accounts... but i tried it anyway... still don't work...

Lopardo... I don't see the point in cutting and pasting the same thing back again... i will remove my settings as a last thing when i give up... let me see if there is a less evasive solution first.

thanks both of you (Y)... still looking for the answer tho!
03-18-2005 02:06 AM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:

Lopardo... I don't see the point in cutting and pasting the same thing back again...
Pasting the same thing back again? Huh?

quote:
i will remove my settings as a last thing when i give up... let me see if there is a less evasive solution first.
Why don't you try it? You can restore your settings if that doesn't work... :-/
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
03-18-2005 02:10 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
well... as to answer CookieRevised first... I am using modded messenger with the other accounts... but i tried it anyway... still don't work...
take a sshot like you did before and post it...

quote:
Lopardo... I don't see the point in cutting and pasting the same thing back again... i will remove my settings as a last thing when i give up... let me see if there is a less evasive solution first.
As Lopardo said, you don't need to cut/pasting. Use the Save/Load in the Preference panel. ;)
03-18-2005 03:01 AM
whYeNQue

thats me (",)

41 / Male / –
(Y) thanks guys... took me less time than i thought to get most of my stuff back to how they were..

i had to reset everything to default and start from scratch :D done!
03-18-2005 03:38 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
So, is it working now? If so, could you post your saved settings (the bad ones) so we can pinpoint the problem?

(note that no personal information like password will be saved in the settings file; so no worries about that. If you still don't trust it completely to put it in public you can always send it to my email (see my signature))
03-18-2005 04:37 AM
whYeNQue

thats me (",)

41 / Male / –
hokay!

.zip File Attachment: settings.zip (133.37 KB)
This file has been downloaded 306 time(s).
03-18-2005 12:02 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: