What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » do you think we should have the death penilty

Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
do you think we should have the death penilty
Author: Message:
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
RE: do you think we should have the death penilty
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Maybe, but wouldn't most people rather live than die? Also, keeping them alive costs the taxpayers money... is making criminals suffer really worth it? The taxpayers don't get much out of it, so I think not.

yeah but when they are dead what does it matter? its over. what is more important life? or money? ... we pay taxes for so many stupid and useless things.. what does it matter if we keep a few more people alive? :tongue:
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Blah... there's a difference. A murder is usually planned by one person, and done in a violent way. A death penalty execution is decided with a long and careful process by prosecutors, judges, jurors, etc.. The actual killing is done in a non-violent way with a chemical injection.

yeah i know... but still, if a group of people plan to kill somebody and feel justified to do it. say in a mafia. does that give them the right? who are we or anybody else to say who should live or die? it is very easy to kill. too easy.

you may be right... but

* Joa doesn't like killing :sad:
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

03-20-2005 07:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user44571
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
non-violent way with a chemical injection.

something about that method just seems wrong to me
03-20-2005 08:01 AM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: do you think we should have the death penilty
I think it would be a great scare tactic too tho because would people want revenge OR to keep living there life , 90% of people would prefer to keep there own life and probley never commit a murder or something , young kids would probley never try to hold up a store because they would be scared of getting caught and killed (even tho they would never kill someone over a prety crime like that)
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
03-20-2005 08:06 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
Interesting topic.

-dt-, I think whatever your stand is, as long as you present the issue well, you'll get a good grade ;)

And, I'm sorry, I might not be able to give my opinion, because I'm not sure what my stand is. (Convince me with your stand :p)

You guys might want to know about the latest death penalty verdict in the US.

Scott Peterson was sentenced for death for killing his wife named Laci, and his unborn fetus, Connor.
The thing that I found immoral when I heard the case for the first time was, he offered $500,000 (I guess) for anyone who found his wife. Well, eventually you know, the wife was found died.

He admitted that he was the killer, and his family tried to convince the jury that he was not a cold blooded killer.

And I think, on the last trial which resulted putting Scott in the death row, Laci's family expressed their emotional anger. On the other side, Scott's family didn't give a word. They might realize there was no way for him to escape.
I'm not really sure about this. I was cooking :p

Okay, now do you think that Scott got what he deserved or not?

This case has been quite popular in the US recently.
You can find tons of news from the Internet.
Registered 7636 days, 8 hours, 41 minutes, 37 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

03-20-2005 08:10 AM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
I think it would be a great scare tactic too tho because would people want revenge OR to keep living there life , 90% of people would prefer to keep there own life and probley never commit a murder or something , young kids would probley never try to hold up a store because they would be scared of getting caught and killed (even tho they would never kill someone over a prety crime like that)

yeah but u'd be pretty damn scared to spend the rest of u'r life in a cement box.

i mean, true with the jails they have in like Canada for instance, doing life in jail is like a free vacation. (most :dodgy: jails here anyway).. but if they were more strict with murderers and didn't give them cells with cable television, and gave them very limited choices for things. i think most people wouldn't want to go to jail for life :undecided:
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

03-20-2005 08:11 AM
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
i say you should kill the really bad ones. The terrorists like osama and saddam. People who murdered bunch of lives
03-20-2005 08:17 AM
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
i say you should kill the really bad ones. The terrorists like osama and saddam. People who murdered bunch of lives
Be careful on what you are thinking, Hobbes.
Some people, well maybe lots of people :p, think that President Bush is also a killer.
Registered 7636 days, 8 hours, 41 minutes, 37 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

03-20-2005 08:19 AM
user44571
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes

I think its ridiculous how long there keeping some terrorists in jail, i mean, arent they just going to get the death penalty anyway?

200th POST :banana:
03-20-2005 08:21 AM
Naruto

Naruto, only the best series ever!!!

32 / Male / –
I agree but only if it's 100% that the criminal is the suspect! cuz if not it could be a good for nothing kill

[Image: naruto-sig.jpg]
03-20-2005 08:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: do you think we should have the death penilty
quote:
Originally posted by Naruto
I agree but only if it's 100% that the criminal is the suspect! cuz if not it could be a good for nothing kill
you can never know 100% if a person did it unless theres like a
security tape of them commiting the crime.

its intresting seeing the opionons of everyone here tho.
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
03-20-2005 09:45 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: