What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Block All Contacts Plugin Released

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Block All Contacts Plugin Released
Author: Message:
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released
quote:
Originally posted by CanadianOriginal
In Plus 3.50, it's no longer possible to block contacts from a specific group by right clicking that group in the Contact list. Could you integrate this function somehow? Not necessarily the right-click, but the option to block groups from the plugin's config menu maybe?
Lol.. Haven't even noticed this.. :s... Yes I could this... Easily.. But I would really like to have gui for it... But you can still block groups if you use commands "/blockgroup groupname" works... :D.. Just use that one...

quote:
Originally posted by Kurow
i need help with the installation the install blockall.bat is not working :S. The blockall.dll is in the plugins folder but the plugin do not appear in the Plus! plugins menu.
What Windows version? MSN Messenger? Plus!?
You extracted both files to the plugins folder? the install blockall.bat needs to be in the same folder as the dll file...
Did you restart MSN Messenger after you runned the install blockall.bat? Meaning if you exited MSN Completly!.. and then start again?

This post was edited on 03-21-2005 at 07:38 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
03-21-2005 07:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kurow

42 / Male / –
RE: RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
quote:
In Plus 3.50, it's no longer possible to block contacts from a specific group by right clicking that group in the Contact list. Could you integrate this function somehow? Not necessarily the right-click, but the option to block groups from the plugin's config menu maybe?
Lol.. Haven't even noticed this.. :s... Yes I could this... Easily.. But I would really like to have gui for it... But you can still block groups if you use commands "/blockgroup groupname" works... :D.. Just use that one...

quote:
i need help with the installation the install blockall.bat is not working :S. The blockall.dll is in the plugins folder but the plugin do not appear in the Plus! plugins menu.
You extracted both files to the plugins folder? the install blockall.bat needs to be in the same folder as the dll file...
Did you restart MSN Messenger after you runned the install blockall.bat? Meaning if you exited MSN Completly!.. and then start again?

Windows 2000 Server
Messenger 7.0.0632 beta
Plus! 3.50

Yes, did all that and the plugin is not working also the commands /xblockall is not working.
03-21-2005 07:50 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released
quote:
quote:

quote:

I think i already suggested this in one of your other plugin threads but you should seriously make a installer (.EXE or .MSI or whatever you want) .BAT files can get too tricky for n00bs. I know your excuse is problably that your lazy :P but not only is it easier but it also gives the plugin/instalation a more professional look then just a simple BAT file
03-21-2005 07:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
[OFF TOPIC]
A good made batch file is as good as any installer for such small installs. And furthermore gives the experienced user a perfect look of what is being installed and where (something an installer often doesn't do, aka never).
[/OFF TOPIC]
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-21-2005 08:07 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Windows 2000 Server
Messenger 7.0.0632 beta
Plus! 3.50

Yes, did all that and the plugin is not working also the commands /xblockall is not working.
Messenger 7.0.0632 beta Might well be the problem?.. I'm not sure thou.. :S..

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
I think i already suggested this in one of your other plugin threads but you should seriously make a installer (.EXE or .MSI or whatever you want) .BAT files can get too tricky for n00bs. I know your excuse is problably that your lazy :P but not only is it easier but it also gives the plugin/instalation a more professional look then just a simple BAT file
I will make a decent installer sometime for my plugins.. But at the moment I'm too busy!... I'm not lazy i'm siply to busy, and the moments I have time I can't be bothered making an installer... For this simple task to register the plugin and register it to Plus! it's to much of a deal to make an installer... If it was multiple files that needed to be extracted to the plugins folder and more filesbeing registered or what ever.. but for this simple task it would just be to much work to make an installer whn a bat file can do the exact same thing... All I can do better in an installer is to automatically shutdown msn and start msn messenger again...
But sometime i'll have a decent installer ready.. :D..

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
[OFF TOPIC]
A good made batch file is as good as any installer for such small installs. And furthermore gives the experienced user a perfect look of what is being installed and where (something an installer often doesn't do, aka never).
[/OFF TOPIC]
correct!!! :D.. And a bat file takes 2 seconds to write.. :D. and no compiling and nothing.. :D...
03-21-2005 08:17 PM
gcruchon

43 / Male / –
Roll Eyes  RE: RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released
quote:

Hello all.

Actually I have MsgPlus 3.50 and MSN 6.2 and it is possible to block/unblock all contacts of a group by right clicking on this group and use "Messenger Plus!" sub-menu. (Y)

However may not be available with MSN 7.0 beta... I dunno *-)

Regards,

Gilles

[Image: msgplus468banner1.gif]
03-21-2005 08:27 PM
Kurow

42 / Male / –
Hi again... i just install this plugin in a Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 and is working great. Maybe is a Windows 2000 Server bug or something like that O.o.
03-21-2005 11:34 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Hi again... i just install this plugin in a Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 and is working great. Maybe is a Windows 2000 Server bug or something like that O.o.
Hmm.. Are you using the same Messenger version as you did on windows 2000?
If not then that might be the problem.. But if you do then I kinda guess that you are missing the VB Runtime Files on the win 2000... :s.. On the win 2000 machine can you please try and search for the file "msvbvm60.dll".. See if you get any results..?...
IF not then that is the problem.. if you get a result, then I doubt you are missing the runtime files and then I don't know what might eb problem atm.. :S..
03-22-2005 12:52 AM
CanadianOriginal

Please Stand By

44 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released
quote:
Originally posted by gcruchon
Hello all.

Actually I have MsgPlus 3.50 and MSN 6.2 and it is possible to block/unblock all contacts of a group by right clicking on this group and use "Messenger Plus!" sub-menu. (Y)

However may not be available with MSN 7.0 beta... I dunno *-)

That's the problem. Itn's no longer available with the new MSN Messenger Beta, apparently Patchou wasn't able to include the feature.

quote:
Lol.. Haven't even noticed this.. ... Yes I could this... Easily.. But I would really like to have gui for it... But you can still block groups if you use commands "/blockgroup groupname" works... .. Just use that one...

So I keep hearing. The problem is, if I sign in as "appear offline" and I want to block people before appearing online, I can't, because I can't use a convo window.
~ Better to reign in hell, than serve in heaven
03-22-2005 11:48 PM
saintgtril

Mine is not working too. My Messenger Plus (3.50.124) is not detecting the block all plugin in with my msn messenger 6.2..0205 :'( under window 2000 professional edition

Can anyone help or show show some enlightenment to this? Wanting to use this
03-23-2005 06:44 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: