What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » This filter is not the answer

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
This filter is not the answer
Author: Message:
ProblemWv Authority

34 / Male / Flag
RE: This filter is not the answer
quote:
Originally posted by God of the Devil
has anyone read the news on mess.be's website about microsoft trying to block protentally bad extentions, sorry its just crap, its playing into the stupid ppl who shouldnt be online before they learned how to use the computer, it inhibits anyone who wants to share geniune files, like flash movies that use .exe, even share screensavers and anything that GENIUNE programmers might want to share. all i know its just going to be blocked, doenst say if they will be an option to disable it or just to warn, which would be the better option why should the stupid need their hand held by ppl like microsoft all the time they should be educated, if ppl like microsoft handholds the user then they they are not going to learn they are going to be remain stupid and ingroent to the dangers of the internet, at the end of the day hackers and bad peeps are gonna be one step ahead with ways to get around it. whats msn gonna do block that or block all file transfer altoegther, ppl who do stupid things on their computer like accept these files which a 5yr old could tell its a virus, deserve to have their computer infected, they might learn then, if this filter is in they will never learn. i mean its not rocket science, you dont need a degree in ICT just need common sence, keep your Antivirus updated, and even exercise the option to scan all incomming files, and if a file transfer seems radom ASK what it is, that way you can alert the person whos infected that they are infected. microsoft is just playing on stupidity and making things worse. internet users dont need their hands held, they need to be ecucatad, and learn how to walk (use a computer) before they can run (use the internet),
I totally agree. I was thinking exactly that when reading the news. It's so anoying! I know you can't just ignore stupid peoples mistakes and let them totally abliviate there computers but you can't deprive the people with that bit of common sense just because of them. You are absolutely right. people need to be educated, I mean you can tell people how to be safe on the internet in a few short paragraphs, it's not like they have to go on a corse or anything, it's just the basics in keeping your computer safe. If someone read you post and the bit at the end that should be enough for them to know what to and not do.
www.myspace.com/farewellcity
03-27-2005 09:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
God of the Devil

Get rid of the Internet Dee-Dees NOW

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: This filter is not the answer
Lucky i have FTP with my close mates, so if they want to send me files they can use that, but not everyone can have a server esp if their Connection speed and ISP restricts them. the best thing to do is when msn messenger installs, it should scan for what antivirus you got, if it cant find it then it will ask you to locate it yourself, and recomend to install one. (i suddgest panda lol) that way its not handholding but edcuatiing about the improtence of having an antivirus.

though as i said i think they way out will be a patch. with the forementioned diclaimers etc.
(6)The Devil is not Red.. But he is sure is horny

[Image: linux.gif]Tux Rules, Bill Take a Good Look at your Killer muahhahaha
03-30-2005 07:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: