What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus! SoundPacks

Pages: (18): « First « 13 14 15 16 [ 17 ] 18 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! SoundPacks
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! SoundPacks
quote:
Originally posted by samsung
well it didnt i downloaded it and it saved to my desktop without going in.

(see attachment)

can anyone help ?
Start up your messenger so Plus! is running then doubleclick that file and the soundlibrary will open...rest speaks for itself.

You can also choose open on downloading a soundpack from mpsounds.net if you wish (make sure Plus! is running already)..then the soundlibrary will open immediately (no searchin where the file went etc.).

Greets,

Sunshine
Messenger Plus! Soundpack DB Manager

This post was edited on 10-26-2006 at 12:16 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-26-2006 12:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
samsung
Banned

Look at the attachment (well image below)

In picture one that is the box that comes up after i clicked download  on www.mpsounds.net to download sounds

Picture 2 is when i clicked save so i saved it to the desktop.
Pic 3 is then i click on it after it had been saved.

I try download alot of sounds and its still not working.

Anybody know why?

[Image: untitledzd9.png]if 

please help

This post was edited on 10-26-2006 at 03:07 PM by samsung.
10-26-2006 12:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Do you even have Messenger Plus! (Live) installed and running? What happens if you rightclick the file and choose "open with"...does it have Messenger Plus! Live Tools (or Messenger Plus!) listed there (that is what you should open it with)?

You can also import a pack by opening the soundlibrary: Plus > Soundlibrary..click "new sound" button.

This post was edited on 10-26-2006 at 03:30 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-26-2006 03:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Your first screenshot already shows that you don't have Messenger Plus! installed or it wasn't installed properly, or the installation is damaged because of other things you did (like wrongly removing stuff, messing in the registry, using system restore in the wrong way, etc).

If Messenger Plus! is installed properly, you have have seen a proper 'Messenger Plus! Soundpack' icon instead of the 'unknown file type' icon in Windows.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=748631]

If you see the 'unknown file type' icon, it most likely means that there isn't a program associated with that type of file and thus you wont be able to open the file by double clicking on it.
Simply re-install Messenger Plus!, so Plus! can re-associate itself with PLP files...

----------------------

Dispite all this, if you are able to run Messenger Plus!, you still could have imported the soundpack if you go, in Messenger, to:
Plus! > Sound Library > Import/Export > Import a Sound Pack

----------------------

PS: important notes for when you make and attach screenshots:
- Take only a picture of the important part of the screenshot. It is useless to attach an 1024x786 pixels big image for only showing 100x100 pixels.
- Safe the screenshot as a JPG or GIF. Don't use BMP, and certaninly not a BMP with 32bit colors (Even in MS Paint you can safe pictures in other formats than BMP).
Reason for all this is to safe space and bandwidth. Not only for you but for everybody else who wants to see the screenshot.
+300KB is seriously wasted bandwith when you could have shown the same thing with only a 2KB big file.

----------------------

PS: important note for when you download stuff:
Do not save the things you download to your desktop. This isn't only insecure, it will also make a big mess of your desktop. You wont be able to know what is what after a while. And most importantly, it will considerably slow down Windows.
If you store stuff, do it in subdirectories.

.gif File Attachment: icons.gif (4.36 KB)
This file has been downloaded 3137 time(s).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-01-2006 10:13 AM
grazon1

will somebody please do a full metal jacket soundtrack please all the ones i find are not english
04-30-2009 10:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Syco

Dr. House

FIRST AND FOREMOST:

I did not make these sounds, my friend SkyDragon edited them and added them to Plus, then sent them to me. I merely compiled them into theme packs and uploaded them. So I do not deserve any credit, he does for spending all that time making them.

I've released 18 sound packs on behalf of a friend, SkyDragon. 17 themes, one mega "All in One" pack.

Themes include:

Valkyrie(Valk)
Full Metal Alchemist(FMA)
The Elder Scrolls(TES)
Tales of The Abyss(TotA)
Ace Combat Zero(ACZ)
Bleach(Bleach)
Achmed the Dead Terrorist(JD)
Death Note(DN)
Final Fantasy(FF7/FFVIII)
Joker(Joker)
Kindergarten Cop(KCop)
Metal Gear Solid(MGS)
Mortal Kombat(MK)
Muppet Babies(Mptz)
Naruto(Naruto)
The New Zealand Invasion(NZ)
Tri-Gun(TG)

No doubt most of the quotes have already been turned into sounds and released, but I doubt all of them have. :)

Furthermore, all of our themed sound packs come tagged. What do I mean by "tagged"? I mean that at the beginning of the name of each sound it has a special tag to denote which group of sounds it belongs to. For instance all of The Elder Scrolls quotes are marked TES at the beginning of the name in order to make it easier to find. The abbreviations next to the pack names in the above list are the abbreviations used to help you locate the theme better in your sea of sound bytes.

Also I will be constantly updating the themes as SkyDragon makes new sounds, which he tends to do almost daily. Like for instance he has now just made another 100 or so TES sound bytes while I was writing this. >.>

For a full list of sounds, see this image, warning though, it is 398x4814 pixels but only 95.31KB in size.

To download the packs go here, you will find a list of threads for the individual packs as well as the all in one. Feel free to leave a comment or make a request at the site. That's why I used it. Don't mind the cob webs, though. The site is used, just not publicly. >.>

One last thing, each thread has a list of sounds relevant to that pack so it wont be a blind download. Some are pretty small, most are 5+ and a few, like the TES set, have dozens.

P.S. No registration necessary to download the sound packs. And even though some claim to be Japanese, I'm fairly certain none are.

This post was edited on 05-08-2009 at 06:38 AM by Syco.
[Image: 2010-05-15_150400.png]
05-08-2009 06:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Schnappi

quick question.

Is it possible to display custom sounds names like those built-in ones have?

Example:
Muahahaha (in different colors) and sound being played simultaneously.

This post was edited on 05-16-2009 at 07:00 PM by Schnappi.
05-16-2009 06:10 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
only msg plus users will be able to hear these sounds?

normal WLM 2009 wont be able to?
yes, correct.

Only users of Messenger Plus! (and if they enabled Plus! sounds to be played in their Plus! preferences) will hear the sounds. This goes for both the build-in sounds like the 'Muahahaha' and the custom sounds from the soundpacks/sound library.

But all Messenger users will see the texts from the build-in sounds though. Although people without Plus! will not see the colors either, as that is also a Plus!-only feature.

quote:
Originally posted by Schnappi
quick question.

Is it possible to display custom sounds names like those built-in ones have?

Example:
Muahahaha (in different colors) and sound being played simultaneously.
Yes, by making your own 'Quicktext' consisting of a (colored) textline and a command to play the custom sound.

However, the text and sound will both show a line in the chat window. So you can't make it _exactly_ as you'll see with the build-in sounds.

more links and info:
CookieRevised's reply to Integrated Sound Creator ?
CookieRevised's reply to Custom emoticon sounds

Example:
[Image: qtsettingsav1.png]
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5643/qtsettingsav1.png

---

Another method is to alter the actual text displayed by the build-in sounds. For this you need to alter the language file of your current selected Plus! interface language which you'll find in the 'Languages' subdirectory in your Plus! installation directory.

Note that you can only change the displayed text with this method, not the actual sounds.

;)

This post was edited on 05-16-2009 at 10:32 PM by CookieRevised.
05-16-2009 10:19 PM
Schnappi

/mytextsound blahblahblah doesn't work with the (!P) tag.
I typed /mytextsound then a dialog box comes up prompting me to add in the text before it can be sent.
Can't it be done directly instead? like /mytextsound abcdefghi

The sound plays after the text is shown despite me having sequenced it to play before the text is shown. Any idea why?

With regards to altering the language file, is it advisable to create a new one first? Or is it safe to edit my current default language file?

lastly, besides mpsounds.net , where else can i get custom emotion sound packs?
It's hard to locate sound packs through normal browsing @ mpsounds.net and somehow the database doesnt list all of the packs available sometimes.
E.g what may be found during a search cannot be found in the different categories

Thanks! :)

This post was edited on 05-17-2009 at 11:31 AM by Schnappi.
05-17-2009 08:26 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
/mytextsound blahblahblah doesn't work with the (!P) tag.
I typed /mytextsound then a dialog box comes up prompting me to add in the text before it can be sent.
Can't it be done directly instead? like /mytextsound abcdefghi
No, that's the exact way the (!P) tag works; you can't directly enter the text as a parameter on the command line. This can only be done by writing a script.

quote:
The sound plays after the text is shown despite me having sequenced it to play before the text is shown. Any idea why?
This sometimes happens, you can't do anything about it. (Explained in one of those other threads though.)

quote:
With regards to altering the language file, is it advisable to create a new one first? Or is it safe to edit my current default language file?
It is safe to edit your current language file. If you mess up you could always simply reinstall Plus!. The language file will then be overwritten with the normal one. It's even better to edit the current one because in that way you will always have to latest language file when you install a new version of Plus!, which is quite important. Of course, you need to edit the file again each time you install a new version.

quote:
lastly, besides mpsounds.net , where else can i get custom emotion sound packs?
It's hard to locate sound packs through normal browsing @ mpsounds.net and somehow the database doesnt list all of the packs available sometimes.
E.g what may be found during a search cannot be found in the different categories
mpsounds.net is the best (and only) place. You can also try the build-in random soundpack locator in Plus!.
Plus! > Sound Library > New Sound > Get a new random sound...

This post was edited on 08-26-2009 at 09:21 AM by CookieRevised.
05-19-2009 06:20 AM
Pages: (18): « First « 13 14 15 16 [ 17 ] 18 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: