What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus! SoundPacks

Pages: (18): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! SoundPacks
Author: Message:
boonebytes

39 / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! SoundPacks
Hey,  I likes a big file, but that's probably because I got broadband (along with most of the population).  For the few on dialup, I'd say stick to the small packs.

By the way, anyone got a sound pack for Call of Duty United Offence?  Or Star Trek, TNG/Voyager?  Thanks!
Boonebytes

I am not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying every moment of it.
04-20-2005 02:22 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
R0cK3TttttT

http://www.soundpacks.tk/

– / Male / –
Roll Eyes  RE: Messenger Plus! SoundPacks
I Just Emailed Absorbation a new soundpack, You Might Be  A Redneck(1.43MB), featuring Jeff Foxworthy, and a few Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy, & Ron White sayings. Some of them are old, I may update them later this summer. Enjoy & THX!!!
Get it @ http://www.soundpacks.tk/ when he gets it posted...:-#

This post was edited on 04-20-2005 at 03:35 AM by R0cK3TttttT.
04-20-2005 03:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Cee-estee

34 / Male / –
Well boonebytes, my biggest soundpack (Star Wars) has 58 sounds in total. But the download is only 855 Kb! I believe this is because the sounds are actually stored on the Msg Plus! servers. So really, it shouldn't make a differance to dial-up users. ;)
New/old kid on the block.
04-20-2005 01:05 PM
boonebytes

39 / Male / –
Thanks for the reply, Cee-estee.  You said that your sounds are stored on the MsgPlus server, does that mean that I can download sounds from the MsgPlus server without choosing the Random Sound option in Messenger Plus?
Boonebytes

04-20-2005 01:14 PM
Cee-estee

34 / Male / –
No, you cannot veiw the sounds on the server without knowing the sound code number thing. I believe SoundPacks know these numbers, so they know what to download. But you cannot search the servers or veiw them yourself, because there are thousands, if not millions of sounds on there. Although, this is a highly requested feature, so I think Patchou might be concidering it. Of course, I could be very wrong, so feel free to correct me. ;)
04-20-2005 01:29 PM
boonebytes

39 / Male / –
Hmm... correct you?  Let's see... you have 39 posts, and this is my 18th... Do I really want to correct you?  Nope.  But I really would like that feature... I hope Patchou implements it... Maybe a subcatagory view of everything... like "TV - Star Trek - TNG" or something... makes it easy to navigate.  If possible, a website view would work just as well as a Messenger Plus feature.

BTW: I think Patchou's doing a great job!  I just wish everyone on my contacts list would smarten up... they removed Messenger Plus because of the sponsor, and they ran anti-spyware stuff on it.... didn't work too well.  I sent them a link to a post Patchou made, but I don't think they checked it out...  They just keep on complaining that they've got spyware, and they can't get rid of it.  They won't bother following the steps in the post... Install with sponsor, remove sponsor...  is that so hard? lol.  But really, I love Messenger Plus, especially with the new MSN 7... I just LOVE IT!  Great interfacing, too.  I hope he keeps up the good work.
Boonebytes

04-20-2005 01:42 PM
Cee-estee

34 / Male / –
That's another thing I heard him mention (I think), that he's going to add custom categories or something, but they're only for the user, not the server, and they're editable.

My contacts are just lazy. A lot of them just aren't computer people (whereas I am) so they think this Plus! thing is bogus. Lol. If only they knew.

By the way, I meant someone else can correct me. ;)
04-20-2005 02:00 PM
boonebytes

39 / Male / –
I see... I was thinking more along the lines of searching the online database by category, but user-defined local categories sounds alright, too.

My contacts are just the same... I know how to troubleshoot and reformat a computer, program in VB, and I'm doing a "Web Site Administrator" program in college.  My contacts are lucky enough to know where the power switch is, almost.  Ok, that's a little overboard, but they don't know much.  One of my contacts with the sponsor problem took a Programmer Analyist (Business) course, but yet she can't remove it...  Most people I know don't want to risk installing the sponsor, that's their biggest problem.

Oh, thanks on correcting me on saying if I could correct you... lol... if that makes any sense.  I'm still relitively new to the Message Board life, so I'm still learning...
Boonebytes

04-20-2005 02:07 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Cee-estee mpsounds is more user friendly and dempsey is that best choice. However dempsey should offer guides for noobs as well (just a request)

btw i do not mind the size of the file :P

This post was edited on 04-20-2005 at 02:58 PM by absorbation.
04-20-2005 02:57 PM
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
Grin  RE: Messenger Plus! SoundPacks
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
However dempsey should offer guides for noobs as well (just a request)
yea ive started some tutorials and stuff but I've been really busy with college the last few weeks so haven't had time to finish them.

So if anyone wants to put together some tutorials for:
  • Creating SoundPacks
  • Downloading SoundPacks
  • Insatlling SoundPacks
You'd be credited on the site, and would be saving me some work :D
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
04-20-2005 03:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (18): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode