What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Sound categories suggestion

Sound categories suggestion
Author: Message:
nemesis84

O.P. Wink  Sound categories suggestion
is there any way to add extra categories in the sound emoticon thingy as ive ended up with hundreds of files and its getting impossible to track down the ones i want quickly - any way of creating our own categories?
]

Update I know there isn't but now this is a suggestion!

04-10-2005 12:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Sound categories suggestion
ye i thought about this too, id love it to be an option to create catgeories, but i dont think that's possible because the catgegories are on the soundserver.. and i think its all connected so.. ye hope u get the picture
04-10-2005 02:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
damn. Thats a really good idea.
But then what if you are searching for music randomly. How can u search in ur catagory?
Or maybe we can have the random sound one for everything. And then when u download it u can choose which catagory.! Good idea.
04-10-2005 04:51 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
thats a good idea, however for the servers sake the amount of categories there are now are good enough :). But i spose the sounds on the server could be decentralised from their categories and as the users download they could choose/make a category for it :)
Segosa is newb.
04-10-2005 07:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I may add that, however, the new categories will be for local organisation only, the sounds will still be marked as belonging to one of the 5 original ones.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-10-2005 08:21 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
shazza

Yes, that seems like a good idea.
04-10-2005 08:24 AM
nemesis84

O.P. Cool  RE: Sound categories suggestion
Gd stuff.

Even if as you say they stay associated to the main 5, as long as the user could split them up that would be great!  E.g. I can stick a red dwarf category in, simpsons, south park etc etc would be very beneficial (reduce my sounds list by over a hudred :p !

PS When searching for random sounds why do those annoying CUIP and GOLIP (or something like that) come up sooo often!? SUpposed to be random! And.... can the server only be accessed randomly or is there an actual address where user can go to see lists of the sounds? 

Oh and another idead while I'm at it (they never stop) :p is there a way to assign a language tag to the file?  As I know obviously there are many different languages used by the users, but I have no idea what a lot of the sounds were through their title, sound or both!  No way to filter the incoming to one type?

Anyway there we go,

Cheers everyone
04-10-2005 09:37 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: