What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide)

Pages: (24): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
3 votes - 5 average   Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
Author: Message:
GroteSmurf

45 / Male / –
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes)
To me also ...
05-01-2005 03:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes)
okz, fixed the lil typo (d -> t)
also fixed the width adjustment, when auto-hiding to the right
added a couple of commands, /xwmconfig /xwminfo /xwmshow
/xwmhide /xwmsend cannot be used yet

i am still having a problem unloading the plugin when plugins are reloaded throught another plugin... Techincal info on where ton unload all the staff would be appreciated (need to unhook/unsubclass conduct list) in a forced environment due to MessengerPlus_PluginChange message ^o)

i registered the message to catchit it the subclassed proc, but it still crashes :(

If i understood correctly if it is set to auto-hide AND skinned to force Always on top, and if it is framed to remember last z-order ?

Also please plp supply me with version info so that i know for which win & messengers it is compatible

About the transparency thing, i think that plus checks for window style properties before applying, and since i remove the WM_CAPTION style, and menu, or fails to load if there is no menu ^o) (i am just guessing here thou)

This post was edited on 05-01-2005 at 09:12 AM by TazDevil.
Window Manager is discontinued, for WLM try the new,
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
05-01-2005 08:19 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
ohh foolish me...

OK, please check it now and tell me if it still crashes on reload i think it is fixed now

This post was edited on 05-07-2005 at 08:44 AM by TazDevil.
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
05-01-2005 02:19 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
Thanks for the update.

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0813
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.52.0130

The auto hide on the right no longer resizes the contact list. (Y)
It doesn't crash on reload for me.

One thing with the /xwmshow command that you may not wish to fix as it may not bother most people. When im using polygamy with stuffplug ng, so i have two accounts open, the show command will open the last MSN window that was started last no matter what account i type the command with. It think if i type it in a conversation of one account, it should show the msn window of that account.

Could you also look into the MSN windows acting like normal windows when in auto hide so they can go behind other windows.

Thanks for working on this great plugin.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
05-01-2005 03:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
quote:
Could you also look into the MSN windows acting like normal windows when in auto hide so they can go behind other windows.

you know i don't really understand this... you mean the convos ?
the convo windows have a separate option for always on top, that is different from the conduct list :@

About the polygamy, thing i dont think it will be possible in the near future,  because i cannot work backwards to find the owner process of the msn that has that window (it is possible but ... no knowledge !!)
05-01-2005 04:35 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
About the polygamy, thing i dont think it will be possible in the near future,  because i cannot work backwards to find the owner process of the msn that has that window (it is possible but ... no knowledge !!)

Don't worry.

quote:
you know i don't really understand this... you mean the convos ?
the convo windows have a separate option for always on top, that is different from the conduct list

I posted in more detail in an earlier post. It's just that all windows that open off MSN eg. plus preferences, contact cards, options,. When these windows are opened with auto hide on, they cannot go behind other windows - they are always ontop. Conversation windows are fine.
05-01-2005 04:41 PM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
oh i understand what you mean, well all other windows created are child windows of the conductlist, and they inherit the properties of the conduct list, so if conduct list is on top they are ontop, if not then.. not

i will see if i can change their parent  flag to the desktop so that they be hidden (but i am not sure it is even possible)

FEEL free to try my winamp plugin, the link is in my sig.

This post was edited on 05-01-2005 at 04:57 PM by TazDevil.
05-01-2005 04:53 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
oh i understand what you mean, well all other windows created are child windows of the conductlist, and they inherit the properties of the conduct list, so if conduct list is on top they are ontop, if not then.. not

i will see if i can change their parent  flag to the desktop so that they be hidden (but i am not sure it is even possible)

Thanks again.
Would it also be possible to do this for the contact list itself. Say i have a long dealy before the window hides, I would like the contact list to go behind other windows while waiting to be hidden. I'm not sure if this is possible but it would be nice. I know the auto hide wil hide it in a certain ammount of time and i could just wait, but the window is sometimes over a window i'm trying to read at that moment and i have to wait for it to hide. 
05-01-2005 05:00 PM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
so you mean if the contact list loses focus (clicked somewhere else), to hide, the window without waiting for the timer ????

i have been trying this activate/deactivate thing but ..... unsuccessfull
i will look more into it tomorrow
05-01-2005 05:11 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
so you mean if the contact list loses focus (clicked somewhere else), to hide, the window without waiting for the timer ????

Yeah exactly
05-01-2005 05:20 PM
Pages: (24): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: