What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide)

Pages: (24): « First « 12 13 14 15 [ 16 ] 17 18 19 20 » Last »
3 votes - 5 average   Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
Author: Message:
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
Kind of testing it today. Not really looking for bugs right now though, I did discover that the contact list resizes when docked to the side of the screen and signing in, anyone can confirm?
07-15-2005 04:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
Kind of testing it today. Not really looking for bugs right now though, I did discover that the contact list resizes when docked to the side of the screen and signing in, anyone can confirm?

read this.. this is a Plus issue
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=43...d=473463#pid473463

quote:
Due to signal lost of my wireless network, MSN sometimes disconnects. In a few cases I get a strange error message (see attachment) when MSN tries to reconnect. I have MSN Messenger 7.0.0816 and Messenger Plus! 3.54.132.

Sometimes the plugin actually is deactivated (I reactivated it in the registry), sometimes not . Occasionally it even occurs that MSN Messenger crashes . Any idea what's wrong?

this is a check i put so that the plugin only load for MSN Messenger 7+
so if you are using Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger on the same pc then you will encounter problems...

I guess you have Windows Messenger and use it ?
Window Manager is discontinued, for WLM try the new,
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
07-15-2005 05:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
GroteSmurf

45 / Male / –
I'm using Windows XP and therefore Windows Messenger is present on my system, but I'm not using it ... at least as far as I know ;-). It would nevertheless explain, why at the same time the message appears, that I'm signed out at the .NET service because I'm signed in at another location ...

I'll disable Windows Messenger if this solves the problem :-). Thanks for the hint!

This post was edited on 07-15-2005 at 05:11 PM by GroteSmurf.
07-15-2005 05:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
quote:
Originally posted by GroteSmurf
I'm using Windows XP and therefore Windows Messenger is present on my system, but I'm not using it ... at least as far as I know ;-). It would nevertheless explain, why at the same time the message appears, that I'm signed out at the .NET service because I'm signed in at another location ...

I'll disable Windows Messenger if this solves the problem :-). Thanks for the hint!

to disable windows messenger in the proper way see: "CookieRevised's reply to I am about to rip my hair out over MS Messanger". Don't use any other methods (you'll find on the net)...

Other than that, if it just started to happen when using this plugin then it is a serious fault of the plugin and not some dodgy Windows Messenger/windows problem... (and from what I've quickly read from one of ES posts is that he got similar issues with WM when using this plugin which shouldn't be happening.)

This post was edited on 07-15-2005 at 06:49 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-15-2005 06:47 PM
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
I like this plug.
Is there a chance that it will support plus! windows like the event log window in the future?

This post was edited on 07-16-2005 at 10:50 AM by Jesus.
07-16-2005 10:49 AM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
I like this plug.
Is there a chance that it will support plus! windows like the event log window in the future?

Can you expand, i dont understand what you mean,
what you want it to do so i can see if it is possible...

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
to disable windows messenger in the proper way see: "CookieRevised's reply to I am about to rip my hair out over MS Messanger". Don't use any other methods (you'll find on the net)...

Other than that, if it just started to happen when using this plugin then it is a serious fault of the plugin and not some dodgy Windows Messenger/windows problem... (and from what I've quickly read from one of ES posts is that he got similar issues with WM when using this plugin which shouldn't be happening.)

Well i didnt say that it was a Windows Messenger problem
i said that the plugin only works for MSN Messenger 7+

so WM instances should not load it...
But if you want i can make the plugin load and be visible in the plugins section and but will only initialise if the process is found to be msn messenger 7

no popups, no messages

do you prefer that ???
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
07-16-2005 12:15 PM
GroteSmurf

45 / Male / –
I'd prefer it that way. Messenger Plus! disables know the plugin, so you can't use it in MSN Messenger anymore :-( and I think this is definitely not what you want, right? :-) Nevertheless I wonder, why MSN Messenger crashes sometimes when this message appeares *-).
07-16-2005 12:21 PM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
quote:
Originally posted by GroteSmurf
I'd prefer it that way. Messenger Plus! disables know the plugin, so you can't use it in MSN Messenger anymore :-( and I think this is definitely not what you want, right? :-) Nevertheless I wonder, why MSN Messenger crashes sometimes when this message appeares *-).

now i put a silent load...
ok test now ena tell me if you have any problem (crashes or anything)
07-16-2005 12:38 PM
GroteSmurf

45 / Male / –
I'll let you know, when the error occures again. It happens only when MSN Messenger tries to reconnect after it lost the connection. Thanks for the quick response! This plugin is the best I've ever seen (H).
07-16-2005 01:13 PM
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
I like this plug.

Can you expand, i dont understand what you mean,
what you want it to do so i can see if it is possible...

Well, the event log window does not autohide and sometimes it stays on top, even when another app has focus. so I was wondering if you could make the event log window hide in the same way the contact list does.
07-16-2005 03:58 PM
Pages: (24): « First « 12 13 14 15 [ 16 ] 17 18 19 20 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: