What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Handwriting...

Handwriting...
Author: Message:
zach

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Handwriting...
Yes, I know that there are other posts about this, but I still can’t fix my problem by reading them.
I have Windows XP(sp2), MSN v7.0.0777 and Messenger Plus! 3.52.130
Can you please tell me what I need to do in nice and clear instructions ;)

I can't get the live chat working, so I can't ask for help there :(

I was also wondering how the display picture is larger than normal and how they drew that picture so well :o P

http://www.msgplus.net/pluginsdb/down/?action=file&id=70

I see that it says that that handwriting plugin doesn't work for my version of Msn, so I wont download (H)

And for some reason, my display picture always changes when I go on to msn. Why is this happening?

---
I might as well post some ideas here too ;).

Is it possible to have  a plugin that could say how many days ago you were last on msn in the personal message line?

Is there a way to put gif animations as your display picture? I have seen that some of the packs have animated display pictures and change the size of the box.

This post was edited on 05-03-2005 at 10:16 AM by zach.
05-03-2005 09:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Handwriting...
You can't have gif anymations in your DP. But you can have a muggin, or a DDP (dynamic display picture). It is not animated but it does make the picture bigger and it chnages it's mood depending on what emoticon you type. Another way to have large DPs is to get StuffPlug but people who don't have it can't see it
05-03-2005 11:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by zach
I see that it says that that handwriting plugin doesn't work for my version of Msn, so I wont download
Handwriting will work fine on MSN Messenger 7; however, you will not need that plugin anymore :)

Handwriting will not work on Windows 95, 98 and ME. Assuming you are using Windows XP it will work properly; if you are using Windows 2000 it might work properly.

You should download the Ink Redistributables and install them. Make sure you choose to install them for "Everyone", and not "Just me". After that you should reboot your computer; it should work fine after that :)

quote:
my display picture always changes when I go on to msn. Why is this happening?
Why I don't know exactly; a possible solution I can offer you.

Assuming you're on Windows XP, go to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\number, with Username being your Windows username and number the number that symbolises your email address. You can go to http://www.m00.cx/misc/msgrid.php and enter your email address there; the corresponding code will show up. Then delete the folder called UserTile.

This will remove all your display pictures, however, after re-adding them they should not disappear anymore :)

This post was edited on 05-03-2005 at 11:51 AM by Tochjo.
05-03-2005 11:46 AM
zach

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Handwriting...
I just noticed that I can write on my other msn account, but not my main one. I must have changed something on my main msn account, but it didn't effect the other one.
By the way, I have also used A-Patch v1.1.5. Could this have anything to do with it? (http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=38398&page=1)

I uninstalled everything and just installed msn. Still, my msn account doesn't have ink, but the other accounts do :@

This post was edited on 05-04-2005 at 10:53 AM by zach.
05-04-2005 04:28 AM
caRd

...whats an avatar

36 / Female / –
quote:

how they drew that picture so well :o P

http://www.msgplus.net/pluginsdb/down/?action=file&id=70

they are good drawers, and they have one of those mouse pen things ....

the picture of the world is so large because you can change the size of your send window...hold the mouse over the section above the fonts etc and below where you read your friend msg's the coursor should change click and drag this up creating a larger space.....also dock the whole conversation window ....this then creates a much larger space to draw

ps
-i cant spell- :P
another ps....forget about your main msn.....make one of the working ink msn's your main one....send everyone an email...tell them when they come on msn,......make it your msn name ......:D........you also do this when you change emails..(make a new one etc)
im bored and cant sleep as you can tell (H)
:o) partAY time *dances*

This post was edited on 05-04-2005 at 02:29 PM by caRd.
.ash.
while eating bakebeans.
05-04-2005 02:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
zach

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Handwriting...
I just found out that I had the box in tools/options/messages unticked! Thanks for the help ;)
:stupid:
---
Might as well close this board. This problem should be added to the list of problems with handwriting "Make sure you have the "show the handwriting tool in conversations" ticked so other stupid people don't have the same problem as me!

This post was edited on 05-05-2005 at 04:24 AM by zach.
05-05-2005 04:20 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: