What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » 4th Dimension

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
4th Dimension
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: 4th Dimension
quote:
Originally posted by DJeX

Do you think time is actually the 4th dimension or is it really a real 4D world? I can't see how time (something man has made up to keep track of the days) can be a dimension. There isn’t any physical property to time. And if time was the 4th dimension then would we say we could see 4D too?

Check this site out on if 4D was a real dimension not time.
http://tetraspace.alkaline.org/

I find this really interesting stuff… I just like picturing it in my head of what it would look like.

What your opinions on this?

Err .... there is a 4th dimension for sure ... humans live a 3d world but there are 6 dimensions ...
4th dimensions = Time
* John Anderton suspects the forum "time" comming ;) :D
Seriously time is the 4th dimension :D
mabbe another civilization mabbe able to travel ... well live in these 4 dimesions but afaik there are 6 dimensions ... the 5th and the 6th are einsteins something ...
I made a thread about this a few months back and anubis had answered .... ill try finding the link :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
05-14-2005 05:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: 4th Dimension
quote:
Originally posted by atownjoe
Makes my head ache... seriously... something that also makes my head hurt if  thinking about what there is besides life and death... like, we're here... but if we were not here... we wouldn't know, because we wouldn't exist.. so ... it's really confusing and once i start to get really deep into thought about it... i feel pain... like something is blocking me from thinking about non-existance...or something

You feel pain? Maybe thats because you will never non-exist. We will always exist either on earth or in our spirt form. Once we die our spirtual enegery leaves our bodys. With this time that we are in spirt form we have time to think about the material world and plan our life to come. Some people say that we recarnate back down to earth (material world) to live another life which we have planed out in our spirt form beforehand.

It's all very interesting. Reading through this all and talking about it is wareing me down also. I am a strong believer in God and our Lord Jesus and now that I've spent some time reading and talking about this I don't feel right for some reason. Talking about this in such detail, it feels odd. I feel like I'm being pulled tward a false light dimmed with a grey cloud which is trying to take me over in some way.

Maybe where not supost to know about this? When the time is right we will know. Alls I can say is it will happen one day. But when, no one knows only God does.

Geee I must sound crazy.... :P

* DJeX Drives to the loonie bin :P
[Image: top.gif]
05-14-2005 05:46 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
if you get deeply into details about all of this maybe its making you realize that there is no god?:P...so its scaring yuou??:P...i unno:P
05-14-2005 05:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
What do you believe dylan? I will always believe in the Lord I think it just disturbs me when I read about how scientists think they can explain Heaven and Hell and they mix it all up with Quantim energy and crap.
05-14-2005 05:54 AM
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
What do you believe dylan?
well its hard to say...theres proof on one side saying there is no god...then theres proof  on the otehr side  about scientists finding jesus's little burreal box thing but there is no solid proof of him existing and there is no solid proof about him not existing so im gonna say neither because i dotn want to take sides...but i definately believe in the 6 dimensions and i totally agree that when we find out well find-out.
05-14-2005 06:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
:) One day you shall know.

Any who I'm off to bed, quite tired. Don't distroy the thread while I'm gone :P j/k
05-14-2005 06:05 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
Man may have invented the concept of measuring time, but cause would always lead to event, which is what time is all about.
According to string theory there are as many as 10 dimensions :p
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
05-14-2005 07:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
emit
Disabled Account

Yes, I am the 4th dimension.
kthx.

Okay, seriously... there is an easier way to explain 4 dimensions. Simply envision what happens when you move a 3 dimensional cube at a right angle to the x,y and z axes. Confusing, eh?

Think about the images you see of Hypercubes, Moebius strips, Klein bottles, Steiner's Roman surface... etc. The issue with humans is that since we ourselves are three dimensional and we exist in a 3 dimensional world we cannt actually visualise a fourth dimensino, it's beyond our capabilities. So, you might say "we can physically experience time" - however, can you? If you knew for certain that time was the fourth dimension you would be able to point and say "look, time is that way". What we can actually do is experience the effect(s) of time.

Let us assume that time is the 4th dimension, since we are confined to a lesser dimension, we cannot feel or see anything more than a projection of time. It is essentially equivalent to "flat land" falling through the 3rd dimension. Our understanding of time is limited at best and outright pathetic at worst.

The only way to construct such higher dimensions is via very complicated mathematical crap. Good luck in understanding any of it.

God and this stuff is a whole other discussion by the way. ;)

M.
05-15-2005 01:44 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
just to add something...

Don't think of dimensions as something you can only "see as an object". (this error is common because we can all "see" and imagine 1D, 2D and 3D objects). But a dimension is something you can identify, determine, ascertain or even experience if you like (seeing is only one of those things).

If you ask "What is 4D?" you also need to define your exact definition of "dimension". Otherwise, there is no way to exactly explain it. Most people (and thus indeed everybody in this thread) automatically assume you're talking about objects/spaces, but this isn't nessecairly the case.

For example, the experience in the form of feeling (things you feel on your skin etc.) is also a 4th dimension if you're talking about visual experiences. The most common and easiest example of this is the 3D movie experience where also real water, wind, etc is used to enhance the "movie experience". Another example is the "feeling" experience in virtual reality (think about industrial flight sims, robots which send back electric pulses so you feel the object the robot is touching, etc...)

Is time the 4th dimension? Again a question which can only be asked in the right context.

Because an object can, in theory, exist in the 4th dimension without any influence on time what-so-ever (as some examples in this thread showed); it can exist out of 4 dimensional planes; or also commonly used: it has planes in tethraspace. Most papers about the 4th dimension, and what almost all the replies in this thread are about, are about spatial dimensions. "Spatial" is the important part here... This (4th) dimension has nothing todo with time...

Time (the member ;)) was talking about "time" (the word ;)), this is NOT a strict spatial dimension. So if you were only talking about spatial dimensions, then no, time is not the 4th dimension.

This post was edited on 05-15-2005 at 02:16 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-15-2005 02:08 AM
emit
Disabled Account

the other thing that isn't very specifically defined is the word "time" itself. interesting point to throw in there.
05-15-2005 02:26 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: