What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Is there any way to do this?

Is there any way to do this?
Author: Message:
polcas

O.P. Is there any way to do this?
I'm frequently moving from one place to another, so I have to sign in and then out a lot of times. You know, when you sign in there's more possibilities of getting IMed and sometimes I only have a couple of minutes and I don't like to be rude to my contacts by saying I'm in a hurry so I can't talk.

I was wondering if there's a piece of software that could allow me to access remotely to an already signed in messenger and use it to talk with a contact instead of having to sign in on every place I am.

Well, that's it. Thanks in advance.
05-19-2005 06:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
RE: Is there any way to do this?
Impossible.  You cant be Signed In to Msn Messenger on more then one place.  If you try you will just disconnect the other. 
05-19-2005 06:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
polcas

O.P. RE: Is there any way to do this?
Well, thanks for your input but that's not what I asked.
I think I was quite clear but let me try again.

I want to have my Messenger signed in on a certain location, and I want to be able to access THAT messenger REMOTELY and use it to communicate. I'm not talking at all of having more than one session at a time.

Thanks.

05-19-2005 06:23 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
You could remotely access your PC using some programs. For example http://gotomypc.com

This post was edited on 05-19-2005 at 06:51 PM by mwe99.
05-19-2005 06:50 PM
polcas

Thanks, that’s actually what I do nowadays using VNC when I can put up with the connection speed. I guess just the text traveling between the computers has to be way much faster, but according the searches I did there’s no such thing as what I am looking for. At any rate, it’s better to ask who are in touch with this stuff to make sure.

This post was edited on 05-19-2005 at 07:02 PM by polcas.
05-19-2005 07:01 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
You could check out my Shortcut Plugin, it has remote Control build into it.. Beign able to control your messenger and send messages through Telnet or any other Socket connection....
Unfortunalty you can NOT see the messages recieved or send... so... In this case I don't think there is much use for it...
One of my projects that I have in line is a fully remote controllable plugin so you can fully control and recieve messages through the Telnet client or whatever you want... then it would be possible for devolopers to make their own GUI that uses this connection so you would be able to do this using a small and simple exe file... :D... I have yet not started on this new plugin but I will hopefully sometime... ATM I'm busy with PolTaab(TabbedMSN), and was really working an a autoresponder...
05-19-2005 09:30 PM
polcas

Thanks for that! Yours is an interesting plugin that, although won't solve my problem, might be helpful in some instances, therefore I'm going to give it a try. Also, I will be looking at your signature to notice when the new project you have in mind is out.
Regards.
05-19-2005 11:24 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by polcas
I'm frequently moving from one place to another, so I have to sign in and then out a lot of times. You know, when you sign in there's more possibilities of getting IMed and sometimes I only have a couple of minutes and I don't like to be rude to my contacts by saying I'm in a hurry so I can't talk.
Then simply sign in as "appearing offline".

In MSN Messenger 7, you can set your status to "Appear Offline" prior to actually signing in.

For MSN Messenger 6, you need to install a plugin or patch so it always signs you in with the status "Appear Offline" instead of "Online". See http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20...d=187701#pid187701
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-20-2005 12:46 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
send messages through Telnet
With all the security issues that entails.
CyBeRDuDe, you should think about using SSH instead of Telnet. Telnet isn't encrypted AFAIK, so it could be sending the password as plain text. SSH is encrypted though, and nothing is sent as plain text ;)
[Image: spartaafk.png]
05-20-2005 09:34 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
send messages through Telnet
With all the security issues that entails.
CyBeRDuDe, you should think about using SSH instead of Telnet. Telnet isn't encrypted AFAIK, so it could be sending the password as plain text. SSH is encrypted though, and nothing is sent as plain text ;)
Correct.. :D..
I have never tried using any SSH, but I will look into it when I start the project, unless I skip it and find another project...
05-20-2005 01:45 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: