What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » cant log in

cant log in
Author: Message:
- keef

34 / Male / –
O.P. cant log in
help...i was messenger and was suddenly signed out..after that i logged bak in..anc changed my password...the next day i couldn't log in anymore. it says ma account's locked because somone kept tryin to guess my password. How long do i have to wait until i can log in again?
The more u study
the more u know
The more u know
the more u forget
The more u forget
The less u know
So why study!?

[Image: mp2logo.jpg]
06-04-2005 09:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: cant log in
quote:
Originally posted by - keef
help...i was messenger and was suddenly signed out..after that i logged bak in..anc changed my password...the next day i couldn't log in anymore. it says ma account's locked because somone kept tryin to guess my password. How long do i have to wait until i can log in again?

Enter the right one or enter your secret work or use password reset if you have another account :P
06-04-2005 09:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation

Enter the right one or enter your secret work or use password reset if you have another account

What e-mail sevice do you have?

If it is hotmail, you go to www.hotmail.com and when you try to sign in, you should see this [Image: lock7ya.jpg]

If you click reset your password, you are given the option to send instructions on how to reset your password to another email account or to answer your secret question.

From then on, its pretty easy, but you need to have set an alternate email address when signing up for your account for instructions to be sent to you.

These brute-force attacks are very annoying, you can't really do anything to stop them.

This post was edited on 06-04-2005 at 09:30 PM by Zephyr.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
06-04-2005 09:27 PM
- keef

34 / Male / –
O.P. RE: cant log in
i dunt get it..if says u can send a  password to the acount that u forget da password for,  how do u acces to the account for the reseted password?
The more u study
the more u know
The more u know
the more u forget
The more u forget
The less u know
So why study!?

06-04-2005 09:54 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
It doesn't send the instructions to the locked account because that would be stupid.

When you register an account, there was an option to give an alternate email address for these exact situations. This is an optional thing though, so you may not have given one.

If you follow the steps, it will ask you to send the password to this alternate email, and you will need to check this account. If you can't remember whether you gave an alternate email at registering, just check an old account or one that you probably would have put as your alternate email.

If you can't find the alternate email, just follow the instructions to answer the secret question.
06-04-2005 10:02 PM
- keef

34 / Male / –
O.P. RE: cant log in
the thing is that when i reset my password it says that they email the resetted password to the account that was locked
The more u study
the more u know
The more u know
the more u forget
The more u forget
The less u know
So why study!?

06-05-2005 08:24 AM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
When you click the Reset your password link in the image i posted before, i think you then have to type the characters from the picture.

Then it will give you the option to:

Send an e-mail message to my alternate e-mail address

or

Send an e-mail message to <locked email account>

The alterate email will only work if you set an alternate email in registering for the account.
06-05-2005 08:29 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: