What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Sponsor program

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Poll: Should Patchou change the sponsor program?
Yes he should change it to something better
No I disagree with this whole idea
PAtchou should keep the sponsor and add things to make more money
Patchou should keep the sponsor but if he finds something better that could give off more revenue change it
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Sponsor program
Author: Message:
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Sponsor program
EDIT: yes I asked for opinion on the sponsor program, then I understood something and asked for opinions on what we could do to help, and what patchou could do  to help himself even more.  Please this is NOT about changing it...its for ideas to help patchou even more!!

EDIT: Poll now changed, please vote again.

This post was edited on 06-17-2005 at 02:28 PM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
06-14-2005 11:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ZrednaZ

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Sponsor program
Hmm, as long as the sponsor is an optional install, I don't have a problem with it at all. Download.com can simply tell their users to click Disagree if they want to fight adware. I must say that sponsor acceptance screen has greatly improved over the years - heck, I even feel safe letting my mom update Plus! on her own these days because the accept/decline options have become so clear!

Taking these improvements into consideration, I think a large percentage of the Plus! users with the sponsor installed now have actually purposely chosen this option in order to support the software.

You mention Google ads... where whould you put those?? Noone would install Plus! if it meant having your conversation/contact windows filled with Google ads...

No, I've gradually changed my view on the sponsor over the past few years and I can't admit to holding anything againt it anymore.... People who still install the sponsor by accident need to get glasses.

This post was edited on 06-15-2005 at 12:37 AM by ZrednaZ.
No, I didn't search before
posting. Don't bother asking.
06-15-2005 12:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Sponsor program
google ads= here on the forum not on msn messenger..do you realize how much trouble it would be to put it on msn messenger? lol
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
06-15-2005 12:57 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I don't think it needs to change.. forget google ads.. i dont think this will make enough money.. i think everything is nice the way it is.. the plus! setup is clear enough as said.. if u just look a ur screen while installing ull see the install/do not install option..
06-15-2005 01:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

to be honest, I'm sure ecko_complex is just looking for a way to say MDX is better than plus! (which it is totally not if you compare the feature list :-/ )

especially since MD's bad reputation about not working...
06-15-2005 09:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
nope i think everything is good with the sponser let it stay :D

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
to be honest, I'm sure ecko_complex is just looking for a way to say MDX is better than plus! (which it is totally not if you compare the feature list :-/ )

especially since MD's bad reputation about not working...
and totatly raping your msn....
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
06-15-2005 09:59 AM
King For A Day

Vince Noir: King Of the Mods

35 / Male / –
is he paid by the instalation of the sponser or just in a lump sum to have it there?
[Image: smaller6mh.png]
06-15-2005 03:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
i don't think it matters because no one installs the sponsor anyway (except by mistake).

A lot of people have the sponsor installed almost 50 % I believe, and he gets paid per click on the ads I thought.
[Image: 1-0.png]

06-15-2005 03:50 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
It's makes a lot and i mean alot of money and google ad's are on the website. It's someone's personaly fault if they jump to a conclusion that messenger plus! is spyware :cry:
06-15-2005 04:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
dreaded

When I seen what  MessengerDiscovery X did I came over cuase I knew someone was gonna bring it up lol. I think its something Patchou needs to consider. No one can complain and say they forgot about the sponsor and installed the sponsor. In other forums I have seen people accuse msg plus of installing the sponsor secretly lol maybe that will change their view and actually use it but I am sure if Patchou did change it to like MessengerDiscovery X that still wouldnt be good enough for some people the same people that trash msg plus so much. I think it would might get some people to change their mind about it and others like I said still wouldnt care cuase it still will show ads for 20 seconds during the install and still say its adware. Which way would bring in more money though 20 seconds of showing ads during install or installing the sponsor? And how if anyone did want to help support msg plus more do it without installing the sponsor? Something I have always wondered has Patchou ever considered taking donations and not doing either as long as the donations were good enough? Or just do it like MessengerDiscovery X and anyone that wants to support msg plus donate some money.
06-15-2005 05:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: