What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » I would like to offer my services to the MSG Plus people for an ENGLISH tranlsation!

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
I would like to offer my services to the MSG Plus people for an ENGLISH tranlsation!
Author: Message:
ShunterAlhena

Magyar (Hungarian) Translator

35 / Male / –
RE: I would like to offer my services to the MSG Plus people for an ENGLISH tranlsati
eurosong, I just want to say that I perfectly understand you. As a mere translator I can't do anything to help you, but as a proud Hungarian, I have to experience similar subtle humiliations from other, presumably larger and more powerful nations. Good luck with your translation.
:deal: Translators: view Hotkey Checker here.
(Gives some false positives, but usable for a crude automatic testing.)
07-16-2005 08:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user44571
Disabled Account

RE: I would like to offer my services to the MSG Plus people for an ENGLISH tranlsation!
it really doesnt seem necessary for a few little changes in spelling and such
07-16-2005 08:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
RE: I would like to offer my services to the MSG Plus people for an ENGLISH tranlsation!
While I agree totally with the fact that American english is inferior to British english, it bugs me - yet we must still accept - that it has become the standard in computing. Thanks, Bill..

I may as well point out that the word should not have been 'parenthesis', but 'parentheses' - unless you were referring to a single bracket.

And at the risk of one day being humiliated by the same thing I am about to point out, I would rather use an inferior American translation than a British tranlsation! :P
07-16-2005 10:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sasuke

lmfao!!! now heres a man despirate to be noticed! what the hell is the difrance between english and british english. Oi! lmfao!!

"I would like to offer my services"
if you can be the fourth finger i use to scratch my ass i think your service would be more usefull then

i meen come on!!! thats like some one translating Canadian French to France French... what the hell is the difrance? Or some one translating African American English to White man English... realy... people need to be more real

LOL!!!

I can see the next news headlines now
" Messenger Plus 3.60 just got better
We have just added 6 more useless translation patches
- British English
- African American English
- Italian English
- Canadian English
- Canadian French
- and Mexican Spanish
more future realeses will include mmclient in your msn tab... you never have to use msn messenger again!!"

This post was edited on 07-16-2005 at 11:50 AM by Sasuke.
07-16-2005 11:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShunterAlhena

35 / Male / –
Congrats Sasuke, that was a constructive, well-written and useful post.
(By the way 'despirate' is supposed to be desperate, 'usefull' is spelt with one L, 'difrance' is supposed to be difference, 'some one' is one word (like someone), 'realy' has two Ls, 'realeses' is supposed to be written like releases.
You might like American English better, but please don't talk about translations when you can't write a simple forum post.)
* ShunterAlhena thinks... how come a forum newbie with 13 posts already has a reputation of -5?
07-16-2005 12:16 PM
ShunterAlhena

35 / Male / –
Right, I've read your other posts and ratings. It seems others share my opinion about you.
Forgot to mention that 'meen' is spelt like 'mean' and 'heres', 'thats' are supposed to be like 'here's' and 'that's'. Thanks for your contribution.
/me: rant mode off
07-16-2005 12:20 PM
Sasuke

thank you Websters English Dictionary, I like how you continuosly show off you PHD in english. You'd make a great document doctor some day. I fail to grasp the idea of why you people care so much about reputation in a forum. and what the hell is this? "/me: rant mode off " what is that some sort of insult solute? you should be embarised you even added that in. Thats as bad as a person who talks to himself.

what makes you think i care what type of english i speek? how does arguing about the uselessness of a british translation relate to how well or bad i can write a simpleforum post. Its an opinion, thats what forums are for.

This post was edited on 07-16-2005 at 12:49 PM by Sasuke.
07-16-2005 12:36 PM
gif83

41 / Male / Flag
Well i think that these translations are all about comfort of use...
that's why we have translations... of course having specific translations makes it a better program.

I personally feel less comfortable reading american english
07-16-2005 12:48 PM
ShunterAlhena

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: I would like to offer my services to the MSG Plus people for an ENGLISH tranl
quote:
Originally posted by Sasuke
thank you Websters English Dictionary, I like how you continuosly show off you PHD in english. You'd make a great document doctor some day. I fail to grasp the idea of why you people care so much about reputation in a forum. and what the hell is this? "/me: rant mode off " what is that some sort of insult solute? you should be embarised you even added that in. Thats as bad as a person who talks to himself.

what makes you think i care what type of english i speek? how does arguing about the uselessness of a british translation relate to how well or bad i can write a simpleforum post. Its an opinion, thats what forums are for.

Reputation can only be modified by respectable people, and thus shows a good indicator of your total forum contribution. It seems you should change your attitude.

As for the English you speak: I only thought that discussing the necessity of a British English translation requires that you know the difference between British and American English. If you can't write a short paragraph of text without making obvious mistakes, I can't believe that you can sensibly discuss a topic related to much subtler language matters.

Back to the subject: I recall something about Patchou saying that only major languages will be supported, locales won't. The very example he mentions is British English, so this case is pretty much doomed :(
I'm rereading my old mails to find what he exactly wrote, but it might have been told on the forum... Will reply when I find it. But distributing a custom translation on the forum might still be a working idea.

This post was edited on 07-16-2005 at 12:50 PM by ShunterAlhena.
07-16-2005 12:49 PM
Sasuke

lol its english, you gota be kidding me! Language evolves, i guess most people like old school. But think of it this way, because of America, english is becoming an international language... Japan is actualy learning English for international trade resoning.

and no, i cant change my attitude, id rather be direct and hated. Arguing with people keeps me occupied while i wait for this crazy weather were having to be over. That bieng said, don't take it personaly if I insult you.

This post was edited on 07-16-2005 at 01:03 PM by Sasuke.
07-16-2005 12:53 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: