What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Sponsor

Sponsor
Author: Message:
Ansette

37 / Male / –
O.P. Sponsor
Before anyone flames me for being stupid... I'm well aware of how to remove the sponsor software under normal conditions... Also to make clear this is a friend's comp lol..

The sponsor software was installed by them... and I removed it for them, uninstalling MsgPlus and reinstalling it basically.. this worked on all of the accounts on the computer but one... and for some reason it can not be removed from it.. I've tried spyware removal stuff (adaware, MS, spybot etc) but nothing...

Interestingly enough though.. when it was reinstalled after proving to have removed the software.. it was on this one account that MsgPlus was not installed... dunno if that's connected..

Any ideas?
06-28-2005 02:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Sponsor
erm you should of used the uninstaller :P http://www.plussounds.net/Other then to spnser removal. However becuase the uninstaller is now cupport becuase of scans removal you have to re-download and install the sponser to fully get rid of it :P

This is not a joke, you have to reinstall the sponer i'm not trying you to get to use it again ;) Cookierevised had a good post on this let me find it for you :P

This post was edited on 06-28-2005 at 03:30 PM by absorbation.
06-28-2005 02:52 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

Try downloading the latest Messenger Plus! From the sounds of things, you have an old Messenger Plus! the newer one comes with a simple uninstaller, try that. On that account, you could try installing Messenger Plus! then uninstalling it again.
06-28-2005 03:14 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
install Messenger Plus! agin, with the sponsor, this replaces any files that the adware removers removed. Then go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the sponsor.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
06-28-2005 03:26 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Ansette
I've tried spyware removal stuff (adaware, MS, spybot etc) but nothing...
Also remember you never want to use any of those programs to uninstall the sponsor program, because they never get everything off, and it ends up messing up the computer even worse. 
06-28-2005 04:20 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: