What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Google Earth!

Pages: (6): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] Last »
Google Earth!
Author: Message:
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
RE: Google Earth!
I'm hooked on this thing! I've already found my house, my Aunty and Uncles' house and my old primary school. I've already added heaps of place marks of my own.

I think I might buy it when they let you.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
07-01-2005 06:54 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Garndell

Welcome to Elvie's World!!!

40 / Male / –
RE: RE: Google Earth!
quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
keyhole didnt offer any free versions, i know google is charging extra for extra stuff, but keyhole never gave a free version (at least they didnt when i went ot get it)

They offered a free version which came with a Watermark (annoying as it was), I used the free version before getting bored of it, lol.
[Image: c2-garndell.jpg]
07-01-2005 08:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Google Earth!
quote:
Originally posted by Garndell
quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
keyhole didnt offer any free versions, i know google is charging extra for extra stuff, but keyhole never gave a free version (at least they didnt when i went ot get it)

They offered a free version which came with a Watermark (annoying as it was), I used the free version before getting bored of it, lol.

Correct. I also had the free version for a long long time (without a watermark even; maybe that got added later on(?)) and enjoyed it fully, before I got bored by it. The interface, looks, maps, etc were exactly as the ones Google is using now (appart from some small touchs ups of course)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-01-2005 10:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
If anyone has tried going to www.keyhole.com you can see that Keyhole doesn't exist anymore.

Google Earth isn't just a cobranded version of Keyhole. Google had owned Keyhole for a long time (2004, October), but now releases it under its own brand, instead of the Keyhole name.

The transition comes with a few changes, the most notable, no charge. However, the program is THE SAME THING, so I see no sense to comparisions between the two names for the same thing.

This post was edited on 07-01-2005 at 10:37 AM by rav0.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
07-01-2005 10:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by rav0
The transition comes with a few changes, the most notable, no charge.
The old Keyhole program was also available at no charge! including exactly the same functions, restrictions, etc...

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
However, the program is THE SAME THING, so I see no sense to comparisions between the two names for the same thing.
We are saying that Keyhole did come with a free version also. Nobody is comparing it per se... But you could compare it if you like, because when one company takes over another one, there are bound to be some changes.

This is exactly the same as comparing MS AntiSpyware Program and the old Giant Program.

This post was edited on 07-01-2005 at 10:44 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-01-2005 10:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Google Earth!
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevisedyou could compare it if you like, because when one company takes over another one, there are bound to be some changes.

This is exactly the same as comparing MS AntiSpyware Program and the old Giant Program.
I was going to use GIANT and Microsoft AntiSpyware as an example. My point was that Keyhole was under Google management for a while before adopting the new name.

Microsoft took GIANT AntiSpyware, and gave it the Microsoft face as soon it aquired Giant Company Software, with larger changes than when Keyhole 2 became Google Earth. Google aquired Keyhole, and started influencing its development, but kept the Keyhole name for it. Now, the much Google-developed program has finally been given the Google name, with only minor changes.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
07-01-2005 12:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (6): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: