What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Abortion Rates

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Abortion Rates
Author: Message:
mwe99
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Abortion Rates
Abortions, do you think the legal abortion rate should be lowered to 20 weeks?  It currently stands at 24 weeks is the latest time a 'baby' can be terminated in the UK.

Information:

At 20 weeks all human organs are developed, some do not function yet though.

At 24 weeks, sleep and wake cycle patterns are established, breathing cycles, more mature development of organs. There is a  77% chance of living.

Do you agree with abortions? Would you vote to lower the rate?Or would you keep it same? Why?

This post was edited on 06-30-2005 at 06:11 PM by mwe99.
06-30-2005 05:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Abortion Rates
omg when i saw this title i thought it said me lol anyway back on topic this is a issue we are learning for gcse re and as a cachtlic i'm meant to be opposed to it as it is a form of murder and and way of playing god.

Well it is wrong to take a life and is wrong to kill but life in the womb you would not notice at any weeks so there is no real point og it to be lowered but ti will bring some down :P

Anyway i dont mind aborbtions as long as there is a reason e.g teenage pregances will ruin someones life or lives and being raped for example.

I do say yes the rate should be lowered as there needs to be a good reason and it should of been done by then if there is a good enough reason.

Anyway that's my view
06-30-2005 06:00 PM
kao
Veteran Member

boring

36 / Male / Flag
i think its fine how it is, and i have nothing against abortions at all
06-30-2005 06:09 PM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
use protection and u dont have to worry about abortions .. sometimes..

or the safest way is to avoid penis <-> vagina contact, may have oral or anal sex, because the sperm doesnt survive in those holes
06-30-2005 06:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
I only agree with abortion when:
1- the woman was raped
2- the woman's life is at risk
3- the woman has a desease that infected the infant and won't be a very nice thing to live with (AIDS, for example)
4- the woman is a girl under 13 years of age
(this, of course, is if the mother wants to; except in the last 2 points, IMO)

If it's teen pregnancy for girls older than 13, then I'm sorry. Girls should be more careful (boys too!). They can't just abort to "erase" their "mistakes". That's what responsibility is about.

I also think 20 weeks is enough time to decide (point 1), but can be extended to more weeks for points 2-4 (however, if it's like that, the abort would happen before 20 weeks, anyway).

I think they should make different time limits, for each possible group of problems that could arise if the woman doesn't abort.

This is my opinion.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

06-30-2005 06:28 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
I just wrote a great Post, tried to attach something, and it all got deleted... stupid forums. 

So you want my opinion on Abortion?  Stop using it as a birth control and take some fucking responsibility.  It's one thing if you are raped, but if your some teenager/adult that just couldn't control themselfs, your SOL. 

I did a Powerpoint on Abortion this year for school.  Its a good one, it explains the laws and all that good stuff.  I couldn't upload it though, so If you want it, PM me.  Also there is a good video Clip called "Hard Truth" about Abortion.  Search on google for it. 

For all the United States people here, you probably all know about the "Roe vs. Wade" case right?  Well if thats your whole arguement for why women should have the right to abortion, I suggest you read up about the case "Gomez vs. Perez". 

Also search and read, and you'll find out Roe vs. Wade's Dirty Little Secret.  Actually I'll help you out. 

The "dirty little secret" is that it appears that the Supreme Court did a sidestep around the "equal protection clause" of the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution by deliberately manipulating the docket so as to comply to the politically correct definition of "freedom of choice".

Read more about it HERE

06-30-2005 06:28 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
I agree with my religon in saying Abortions are morally wrong.

(That Religon being Roman Catholic).
AC3
06-30-2005 06:30 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
but life in the womb you would not notice at any weeks
Really?  So Absorbation you believe in God, but you think that if other people cant see/notice that someone is pregnant, God doesn't know either?  phhhhh.....

quote:
i dont mind aborbtions as long as there is a reason e.g teenage pregances will ruin someones life or lives
But who's fault it that?  Surely your not saying its the babies fault cause its mom couldn't keep her pants on. 
06-30-2005 06:39 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
But who's fault it that?  Surely your not saying its the babies fault cause its mom couldn't keep her pants on.   

lol also becuase of the fack all life is precious and is made for a reason :P
06-30-2005 06:44 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY

lol also becuase of the fack all life is precious and is made for a reason :P
Yeah, and as a Catholic you should know that its not the right of a human to decide when that life it to end. 
06-30-2005 06:46 PM
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: