What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Abortion Rates

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
Abortion Rates
Author: Message:
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: Abortion Rates
quote:
Originally posted by paperless
I think abortion should be allowed for any reason its the woman's life she has the right to take decisions and the plans for her life.

Its not her life, its the babies life. She made the decision to have sex, its her fault. The women is going to take the babies life so hers is better? If you dont want to take the responsibility for the life, send it to an orpanage...Dont kill it.

This post was edited on 07-01-2005 at 12:42 AM by dotNorma.
07-01-2005 12:41 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
kao
Veteran Member

boring

37 / Male / Flag
im with millenium and ddunk tbh... if people have a baby at about 15 then they most likely have to mess their life up by leaving school to look after it and get a job (most parents would try and help, but not all..), at 15 they havn't lived yet, even 18 is too young for kids imo, you're still young and have stuff to do (i do anyway)
07-01-2005 12:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Abortion Rates
quote:
Originally posted by Shawnz
But since youve NEVER EVEN SEEN the abortee (baby) and you haven't grown fond of it or its personality or the routine required for taking care of the baby, you have alomost no relationship with it.

You think that a mother has no connection with a child that has been growing inside them for weeks? of course the mother has a relationship with the child.. abortion is not a decision that many people make lightly, and many live with regret over it for the rest of their lives. it's not an easy decision. it depends on your cirumstances at the time of getting pregnant, if you can't support the child then thats not very fair to bring it into the world.. and dont say you can adopt it out bcoz then the child will grow up feeling rejected bcoz it's mother didnt want it, i dont think anyone would want that... this has grown into a religious debate so i will bring religion into it, i am catholic, but i dont agree with the catholic church on many of it's morals, for example: you arent allowed to used contraception, but then you cant have an abortion if you get pregnant? sounds a bit stupid to me really... a lose lose situation.

the main point of this is, that many of you are arguing this like it's a decision that mothers (and fathers) make on a whim, it's not an easy decision at all, and whilst the methods they use are quite brutal, they really are humane compared to what the child would have had to put up with if it were born
07-01-2005 12:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Pipish
4- the woman is a girl under 13 years of age :| far out thats pretty yound i would atleast say 16-17 :|
Most girls older than 13 should know they get pregnant if they have sex. [Edit: did you even understand that point? :s I got the impression that you got confused.]

Even though until age 18-20 the body is not very prepared to host a child, from ages 13-14 it's not a life-death risk.

Don't want children or ruin your life? Don't have sex unprotected. Else, give your child in adoption.

This post was edited on 07-01-2005 at 12:54 AM by L. Coyote.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

07-01-2005 12:49 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I think it is wrong to abort a child, kill it in a way.. but it is also wrong to create this child if we don't want it.. protection should be better used.. ppl shouldnt have sex w/ whoever they meet 24h a week.. the risk of getting a women pregnant should be a lot lower.. it seems TO ME that ppl are having too much sex ( no matter how that sounds )

I think ppl have forgotten that this "pleasure" was really meant for creating life..

But anyways, I think it is also wrong to create a child and not give it the love, affections and wte it may need.

So I'm not for, not against abortion.. I think it depends of the cases.. as said above..

if a 13 yrs old is pregnant.. I mean come on!! ( Im mostly mad at how she couldve gotten pregant at 13 yrs old.. i dunt think ppl under 16 ( and this is a rlly. minium ) should be having sex.. ) well i think its better to abort her, not only so she can have a life, but also to prevent the baby from suffering.. i dont think u can actully be a good parent at 13 yrs old..
07-01-2005 12:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Abortion Rates
quote:
Originally posted by NoName
quote:
I think abortion should be allowed for any reason its the woman's life she has the right to take decisions and the plans for her life.

Its not her life, its the babies life. She made the decision to have sex, its her fault. The women is going to take the babies life so hers is better? If you dont want to take the responsibility for the life, send it to an orpanage...Dont kill it.

i agree with NoName.
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
07-01-2005 01:24 AM
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:

And if she didn't make that decision to have sex?
07-01-2005 01:24 AM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
we all have a conscience which tells us what is wrong or right
That doesn't mean a thing.  What I think is right is something you think is totally wrong.  Look at it that way. 

quote:
the government whatever doesnt have to right to interfere in their lifes.
yes they do.  If they have a right to tell us speeding is wrong, or Punching someone in the face is wrong, they have every right to say this too. 

quote:
Now you people say: "When aborting you are interfering with a baby's life", who cares?
I'm sure the baby would, if it could understand what was about to happen to it. 

quote:
And a note for the most of religious people that replied in this thing like: "Since im religious i follow what my religion say",  so you are telling me just because you follow a religion you dont think by yourself and dont ask why are things like that? Its just like joining a club and say : "Now im following any rule just to be in this club doesnt matter if its wrong or not, im just lazy to think about it" :/
I agree with that.  Believe something cause you want to, not cause your abligated to. 

quote:
Originally posted by Killov
I'm one of those who think that humans are just animals. Animals abort too, by the way.
Animals also eat their own children sometimes, Should that be allowed too? HUH?

quote:
My point exactly... Hey NoName, Long time no see.

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
And if she didn't make that decision to have sex?
That is the tricky part about the whole "Make abortions illegal" thing.  I personally think that the only way to get an abortion is if their is evidence that you were raped, and the decision is decided by a judge.  Of course then you have underground abortion places, and people who will just do it themselfs, and thats even worse, cause its alot more unsafe. 
07-01-2005 04:05 AM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
Here we are about to have a votation about abortion.
Man if i just could vote yet..:@

Each time there are people in court because of abortion there are always huge manifestations and stuff which shows that its already time to ask people what they want.

Anyway, heres a question.. does the father has any right when it comes to abortion? Like the mother wants to abort but the father doesnt.. what hapens next?
07-01-2005 04:36 AM
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
i think the father should have quite a big say in whether the child i aborted, it should just be up to the mother, it is the father's child too after all.. i wouldnt want my child aborted, even though im only 16, i would look after it, even if it meant quitting school
07-01-2005 04:51 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: