What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Preview of What's to Come

Pages: (17): « First « 12 13 14 15 [ 16 ] 17 » Last »
Preview of What's to Come
Author: Message:
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Preview of What's to Come
I think it would be better with the arrows. Otherwise, it will mess up the window.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
07-15-2005 10:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
YottabyteWizard

36 / Male / Flag
OMG, beautiful, hermoso... GJ Patchou! Keep it up, and really try to enjoy summer! Too much fun with chics this days(6)....
07-15-2005 02:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
If the arrows are for scrolling the tabs horizontally, what's the purpose of having tabs? :-/  You won't notice when someone sends you a message if it's past the scroll line because the tab will not flash, and you won't be able to see all your conversations automatically.

I think a better way to handle this would be to auto-strech the tabs to fit as many as possible on one line until only the first four or five letters of the email/nickname/custom name can be seen, and then, if more space is needed, use two rows. This is how Avant Browser and many other tabbed UIs handle this, and in my opinion it works much better than having to click 5 times a button labeled ">" to see who I was talking with.
07-15-2005 04:59 PM
Kirjava

Just another fan saying it looks beaut :D Great feature, i never really used it, but in plus i will definately give it a go :D:D
07-15-2005 05:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Preview of What's to Come
quote:
Originally posted by Guido
If the arrows are for scrolling the tabs horizontally, what's the purpose of having tabs? :-/  You won't notice when someone sends you a message if it's past the scroll line because the tab will not flash, and you won't be able to see all your conversations automatically.

I think a better way to handle this would be to auto-strech the tabs to fit as many as possible on one line until only the first four or five letters of the email/nickname/custom name can be seen, and then, if more space is needed, use two rows. This is how Avant Browser and many other tabbed UIs handle this, and in my opinion it works much better than having to click 5 times a button labeled ">" to see who I was talking with.

Do you really think I'm that forgetful? :p. Of course, when a tab that's not on screen flashes, the arrow flashes too (and middle clicking on them brings you directly to the flashing window). As for auto-strethcing, that's already what it does but the current minimum width is about 150 pixels. I don'T personally like the idea of having 3 letters displayed for everybody but this will be a reg setting so you'll be able to change it if you want :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-15-2005 06:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Do you really think I'm that forgetful? :p. Of course, when a tab that's not on screen flashes, the arrow flashes too (and middle clicking on them brings you directly to the flashing window). As for auto-strethcing, that's already what it does but the current minimum width is about 150 pixels. I don'T personally like the idea of having 3 letters displayed for everybody but this will be a reg setting so you'll be able to change it if you want :).
Great, thanks! :bow: :)

This post was edited on 07-15-2005 at 06:43 PM by Guido.
07-15-2005 06:20 PM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Awesome! :bow:

Thanks a lot :)
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
07-15-2005 06:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Schockwave

On Top of a Mountain

Great! Look forward to the new release, when it is ready! :D :P ;) :bow:

This post was edited on 07-15-2005 at 06:53 PM by Schockwave.
AIM: schockwave500
Yahoo: schockwave500
MSN Messenger: mystery500@live.com

07-15-2005 06:51 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Preview of What's to Come
In any case, I'll try to accomodate all your UI requests in the final version so that everybody finds what he's looking for.
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-15-2005 09:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
zach

33 / Male / Flag
Looking good, looking good ;)
I was wondering about what would happen if you hide the option tab just above the conversation. I hide it when chatting, so I'm guessing that would hide the convo tabs too, right?

Edit:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=493039]
-Yeah, just like that ;)

This post was edited on 07-16-2005 at 10:19 AM by zach.
07-16-2005 06:52 AM
Pages: (17): « First « 12 13 14 15 [ 16 ] 17 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: