What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Window Skins and Customizing

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Window Skins and Customizing
Author: Message:
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Window Skins and Customizing
quote:
Originally posted by zach
There must be a way to get the full version free.

We don't assist with that here. You with a post-count of 100+ should know that already. I suggest you go through the rules again before you find yourself banned.

I'm curious how you got the full version of WindowsBlinds, when you clearly said you won't pay for it.

Stop discussing warez, you people don't seem to get it. All I've seen these past few days+ is people ignoring the rules. It pisses me off.
07-19-2005 12:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
Stop discussing warez

The discussion of warez is not against the rules on the forum, direct information about them, links or websites related to warez are not allowed on this forum...

quote:
All I've seen these past few days+ is people ignoring the rules

That's a common factor on every forum, there are some people who don't seem to abide by the rules, but to be honest, that's only the minority, it's not that much of a problem on this forum luckily :).

quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
neowin.net has the patch that you just run and it lets you use .mssstyle and all the other themere files, no prgram no ads no paying
get it here Patch

Does this really work, I don't like having stylexp and this would be really useful for me, I'm hesitant on trying it out, as it would, of course, require uninstalling StyleXP, and I don't want to have to go through everything I usually have to do when I download stylexp :rolleyes:.
07-19-2005 12:45 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
It does work..

That's exactly what StyleXP does when it installs, it places their modified version of a .dll in place of the one on your system then puts it back when you uninstall.
07-19-2005 01:19 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

The major problem is though, that the only files I have are Windows Visual Styles, for them to run in the display options and be selectable, I need to be able to create Windows Theme files out of these, do you know how I can do this?
07-19-2005 01:24 PM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

The major problem is though, that the only files I have are Windows Visual Styles, for them to run in the display options and be selectable, I need to be able to create Windows Theme files out of these, do you know how I can do this?
Do it like this, download the Neowin Patch, install it, and then download any Visual Styles.After that, place them in X:/Windows/System32/Resources/Themes/ ..
(i guess, i havent installed a theme for quite a while, cause i'm using one Silver and Black for about 4 or 5 months now..)I also use Neowin's patch and it works like a charm :D
07-19-2005 01:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I know where to put it any everything, the problem is that the display configuration will only recognise Windows Theme files, not Windows Visual Style files... I need something that will make a visual style save as a theme file, like the "Save as" in the display thing.
07-19-2005 01:37 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

No you don't. They're listed in the display options. Infact, after you extract a visual style, double click on the .msstyle and it'll change the theme of your Windows for you and open up the display options, where you will see it has been added to the list.
07-19-2005 03:35 PM
zach

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Window Skins and Customizing
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by zach
There must be a way to get the full version free.

We don't assist with that here. You with a post-count of 100+ should know that already. I suggest you go through the rules again before you find yourself banned.

I'm curious how you got the full version of WindowsBlinds, when you clearly said you won't pay for it.

Stop discussing warez, you people don't seem to get it. All I've seen these past few days+ is people ignoring the rules. It pisses me off.

Sorry about that. Traxor has said what I was going to say. I will remove it if you think I should.

So can anyone help me with ObjectDock? I can't get any docklets to work :@ I had Sysstats and Calendar 3.4 working, but they don't anymore. Fixed.

:dodgy: I don't think that the Stardock programs are uninstalling properly because it should solve my problems. Now in WindowBlinds, The start icon and panel don't have a smooth finish. This is getting annoying.

[Image: encoded5bd.png]

This post was edited on 07-21-2005 at 12:55 AM by zach.
07-19-2005 09:36 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: