What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » My account has been locked

My account has been locked
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. Undecided  My account has been locked
I just tried to sign in to MSN Messenger for the second time today, and it came up with the following message:

-----
We could not sign you into MSN Messenger because there is a problem with your passport.

Click OK to learn more at the Microsoft Passport Web Site. 81000303
-----

I tried to follow all of the instructions, and it comes up with a 404, telling me the site is no longer there...

The only thing that I know could've happened is that somebody has accessed it without my permission and not know my password. Somebody spoke to me today about an article I wrote about their hosting company, and they wrote my email address in the conversation. I asked them what they did it for, and they said, "you'll see", I'm thinking that this is who did this.

Does anybody know of a way I can access my MSN Messenger, as I will need those contacts if I want to talk to them still :'(.
07-19-2005 07:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
RE: My account has been locked
try again now.

i did owe you at least 1 favour.
07-19-2005 08:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: My account has been locked
It was somebody using a program to keep my out of my MSN Messenger, that's what the person told me... He has closed it now though, so it is all okay...

Weird.
07-19-2005 08:10 PM
zach

33 / Male / Flag
So did some random person that you were talking to on MSN say that they could lock you out of MSN so you couldn't log in and it worked? I wonder how they did that...
07-19-2005 10:28 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
This was done to me by cleanfilm when me and leejeffery where owning him when he said he would hack the forums, all they person does is uses a program that constantly trys to log on to your hotmail account using a random password so it locks you out, of course if your not a newb you could do this yourself. Hotmail will lock the account after a certain amount of attempts to prevent your password being bruteforced
07-19-2005 10:33 PM
zach

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Madman
This was done to me by cleanfilm when me and leejeffery where owning him when he said he would hack the forums, all they person does is uses a program that constantly trys to log on to your hotmail account using a random password so it locks you out, of course if your not a newb you could do this yourself. Hotmail will lock the account after a certain amount of attempts to prevent your password being bruteforced

Ohhk
* zach likes the sound of that idea /sevillaugh

J/k :P
07-19-2005 10:57 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
all they person does is uses a program that constantly trys to log on to your hotmail account using a random password so it locks you out, of course if your not a newb you could do this yourself.
Sean did this to me right before he got perm banned from here.  He thought he was top shit for being able to do it.  Its actually quiet dodgy...
07-20-2005 04:11 AM
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
quote:
Yeah, that bastard, made a 'plugin' and posted it on msgdiscovery forums, it contained a virus.
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
07-20-2005 05:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: