What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Messenger 7.5

Pages: (11): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
MSN Messenger 7.5
Author: Message:
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5
I agree with Lee Jeffery, but the login window looks better then the 7.0 one. :)
And the voice clip idea is stolen from Patchou... if it has the same features! :(

Let's w8 untill it's released... ;)

(offtopic: congrats with ur 1400 posts, Lee! :D)

This post was edited on 07-20-2005 at 09:25 AM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
07-20-2005 09:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Shezi

...Feel tHe cHanGe...

39 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
aww, that looks awesome :(

its not, it sux, dynamic backgrounds are just as dodgy as i first thought and the only new thing i like is the new sign in window
there may the option for choosing the static background.... as the display pictures are....
[Image: bubble7nx.jpg]
07-20-2005 09:29 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Yeah you could select one of us but that person shouldnt break the chain :dodgy: 1 invite per person i think *-) so :D
But that could be dodgy :P
So good luck to all the people who got invites .... i would love to test it ..... i joined beta testing for testing such stuff ;) (Windows Server 03 :()
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
07-20-2005 09:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Yay it looks good for testing anyways

Happy Testing!
07-20-2005 12:33 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by trini
And there is no 'Always sign in as' anymore

That's one of my favorite features on MSN Messenger now! Grr! Oh well... It's pretty easy for people to make plug-ins and patches for that isn't it?
07-20-2005 01:48 PM
Re-Mi

Formerly known as Simple me

44 / Male / –
RE: RE: MSN Messenger 7.5
quote:
Originally posted by trini
The dynamic backgrounds s***, they make the text area in convo-window 1/3 smaller. And there is no 'Always sign in as' anymore :(

[Image: msnmessenger75-signin.jpg]

there is a auto sign in just use it with the name you always sign in with because off that i didn't even notice when i first started 7.5 that is was changed

This post was edited on 07-20-2005 at 01:59 PM by Re-Mi.
Simple me <=> Re-Mi should ask someone to change my name again
07-20-2005 01:56 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
i dont like the new sign in screw :(!!

and theres more info on mess now:

quote:
Originally posted by mess.be

Thought it was gooseberry season in the MSN Messenger universe? Think again, a new MSN Messenger BETA has been released to selected BETA-testers, including KebecoiS and sk8michael who were so kind to provide us with the first-ever screenshots of MSN Messenger 7.5.0160. The bug/feature/leak-hunting season has opened, y'all!

First screens first, the sign in screen has been redesigned. If you tick the Remember Me option, it will show your MSN Display Picture and automatically fill in your e-mail address. There are separate options for saving your password as well, or sign in instanteneously altogether.

Not much changes in the main window: the Add a Contact has been replaced at the top of the Contact List (rendering the bottom "I want to" actions pane obsolete) and the My Space button is now titled My MSN Space.

msn messenger voice clipsArriving in the conversation window, the Webcam and Audio buttons are now renamed to Video & Voice and the Video button also has a new symbol. A completely new feature we announced before are the Voice Clips, which enable you to send voice messages (or whatever you sample, really) by holding the button (or hold F2) and recording through your microphone. Yelling your contact's name sounds like a good alternative to the Nudge button. Obviously, this feature only works if both contacts own MSN Messenger 7.5. msn voice clipsUPDATE: Voice clips can last up to 15 seconds, but their quality can be rather mediocre depending on the input. Luckily, they do not automatically playback when received and you need to press the Play button first.

Bloat-alert: just like MSN Display Pictures, conversation window backgrounds can now be dynamic. While I have yet to see it in action, I can imagine many an epilepsy seizure caused by these Dynamic Backgrounds. I don't think anyone was waiting for this feature, but according to KebecoiS: "the animation is more pleasant [than Winks], the text color matches it so you can still see it clearly and it's not just annoying". Two Dynamic Backgrounds from Blue Mountain are included in this BETA. One has a fish swimming, the other shows world clocks (though according to Mini-Me the times shown on the clocks are not accurate, screenshot by sinuz). UPDATE: Want to see them in action? Here's a a video preview of Dynamic Backgrounds. As reported by SAM and balupton, free animated backgrounds can be downloaded here.

Digging further, the Connection TroubleShooter is said to be more comprehensive. In the Security options you can now chose to disable hyperlinks in conversations (a protection against IM worms), disable Voice Clips and allow MSN Messenger to fire up a conversation window if you click a link in your web browser (the conversation link feature has likely been reinstated for use on MSN Spaces). And in the Alerts and Sounds options, you can define a sound to be played when invited to an audio conversation. UPDATE: By default, it's two times a classic phone ring.

Finally, some bad news for the pre-XP generation. According to XxRebelSeanxX on the forum, the MSN Messenger 7.5 setup only supports Windows XP. There's a small chance that this issue is limited to the BETA.

UPDATE: The MSN Messenger 7.5 BETA-period will take place approximately six weeks during July and August. That's a final release in September, then?

UPDATE 2: Several screenshots and facts have been added. Check the above post for the word UPDATE. Keep checking the news as we continuously update.

UPDATE 3: Quick facts...
- Messenger Plus!, CustoMess and IEDP 2 are all compatible with 7.5. The release of a Mess Patch for 7.5.0106 is still uncertain and depends on the demand.
- The Busy nudger bug is still present, as is the .pif group conversation kicker.
- The chat area of the conversation window now comes with a slightly gradient background.
- In the same conversation window, a tiny webcam icon underneath the Display Picture reveals whether the contact has installed a webcam (reported by Huuf).
- When you apply a Dynamic Background the Nudge sound will change according to the background's theme (reported by SAM). Sometimes a Nudge is even accompanied by a Wink-sort-of animation.

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
07-20-2005 01:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
The "Sign in as" will works the same way. Haven't tested it that much but i think if you have the remember me option checked it will remember your status you have choosen to signin with.
07-20-2005 02:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Blah... the more I hear, the less I like... dynamic backgrounds... I wouldn't be suprised if they start to make you pay for it... If they don't already... They might as well make a monthly subscription fee... I mean come on...
07-20-2005 03:57 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
The sound feature is just a rip-off of Patchou's... And it doesn't sound half as good because you can't pull the sounds out of sound files on your computer... You need a microphone to use it according to what I've seen... Haha... and for people without microphones (me)... we'd be screwed.
07-20-2005 04:03 PM
Pages: (11): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: