What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » London Explosions (2)

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
London Explosions (2)
Author: Message:
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: London Explosions (2)
quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl

But! Like, Secret Service (United States) or MI5... haha they're like the same thing I think, they'd have funky comunication systems that you'd be able to recognize them by...

Nope usually MI5 'agents' or surveillance teams are usually covert.
07-21-2005 06:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: London Explosions (2)
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Nope usually MI5 'agents' or surveillance teams are usually covert.
Yeah, they are very good, the biggest slip up of the last year was that one agent left his laptop at a party...apart from that, they are great.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
07-21-2005 07:08 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Yeah, they are very good, the biggest slip up of the last year was that one agent left his laptop at a party...apart from that, they are great.

lol didn't hear about that, you think they'd still be on high alert after 2 weeks ago though... too much time spending in their basement gym :P
07-21-2005 08:09 PM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
Well, I watched the ABC News Special Report all morning on it and am thoroughly sick of seeing breaking news now.  Anyway, to say the least, London is insecure :(.
07-21-2005 08:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
I went out, not to central london, but to a funeral of someone i know, and there was another friend there who didn't go to work because of the funeral. He gets the number 26 bus everyday to work, but wouldn't have been on it at that time, but still he was quite shaken up. Then if that wasn't bad enough, there was another bomb left outside the door of the place he works at. He works for BT in london.

We didn't really think much about it at the time as we were sad enough at the funeral, but afterwards it was really scary.

I've just got back so i don't know much about it, but i hope noone here on the forums were affected by the bombs and my thoughts are with the families and the injured.

I'm meant to be going into london at the weekend to help with some polish visitors, but it might be cancelled now.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
07-21-2005 10:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
I was just above Warren Street Station when suddenly we heard something and then all people was running up from the stairs, quite scary.

Damn terrorits.
07-22-2005 05:00 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
There was another threat on the tubes just this morning and the police shot him at Stockwell Station.

quote:
Originally posted by http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706787.stm

Man shot by armed police on Tube
A man has been shot at Stockwell Tube station by armed police officers, police confirm.

Passengers were evacuated from a Tube train on the Northern Line station in south London after the incident.

Passenger Mark Whitby told BBC News he had seen an Asian man shot five times by "plain-clothes police officers".

Services on the Victoria and Northern lines have been suspended following a request by the police, London Underground said.

Police are hunting four would-be bombers after Thursday's London blasts.

The bombers fled after detonators went off, causing small blasts, but failed to detonate the bombs themselves.

Mr Whitby, told BBC News: "I saw an Asian guy run onto the train hotly pursued by three plain-clothes police officers.

"One of them was carrying a black handgun - it looked like an automatic - they pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him."

Passenger Briony Coetsee said: "We were on the Tube and then we suddenly heard someone say, 'Get out, get out' and then we heard gunshots."
07-22-2005 10:12 AM
musicalmidget
Elite Member

Hmm, randomness...

37 / Male / Flag
It seems that the person shot by police at Stockwell station this morning was one of the suspects of the attempted attacks yesterday.  The police must have seen him as an immediate risk for them to shoot him in such a way, as surely he would have been of more use to them alive. :-/
07-22-2005 12:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
as surely he would have been of more use to them alive. :-/

True, but wasn't he on his way to denonate one? To be honest, if i would have shot him too if it was clear he was the bomber and he ran off to go set another... one life compared with hundreds of injured people..
07-22-2005 01:00 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
It seems that the person shot by police at Stockwell station this morning was one of the suspects of the attempted attacks yesterday.  The police must have seen him as an immediate risk for them to shoot him in such a way, as surely he would have been of more use to them alive. :-/

Yeah, they must have. An eyewitness said he was wearing a long padded coat that looked out of place considering the hot wether we've had in London. I think the police must have assumed he had something concealed under the coat.
07-22-2005 01:02 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: