What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus! Future

Pages: (11): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
Messenger Plus! Future
Author: Message:
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Future
I'm happy with whatever Patchou wants to do.  But I hope we can all help with his next project!.
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
07-27-2005 12:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Aslong as it stays compatible and upto date with newer MSNM functions i suppose its ok. Right now i can't think of anything i would like to see in Plus! that isn't already inthere (tabbed convos is something i wanted for some time and it's in the new Plus!). Plugin makers can add functionality to it too and this way Plus! itself won't get too "heavy/bloated". I personally can't do without Plus! anymore.

Support will stay, you can always count on us! Just don't totally leave us Patchou.

If you think it's time to go do something new, go for it. It's your life afterall! I for one will be very interested to see your "future" projects. Ohh and don't forget about Fraisie, will we get to see lil Patchous and Fraisies, a wedding?
[Image: 25dr3o9]
07-27-2005 12:59 PM
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
I suddenly thougt of features regarding Personal Message. MsgPlus! 3.5x don't have any extra features regarding this Messenger function. Maybe at least include PMs in Event Log, if possible?
07-27-2005 01:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
I think Plus! pretty much has everything in it. Except for a log viewer. I know there is one out there but it is fairly buggy. If it was built into Plus! it would make it a lot easier to view logs of each contact. It is sometimes pretty hard to read with all the codes in it.

But, you are the author of this wonderful program. It is up to you.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
07-27-2005 01:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
Messenger Plus! has become a great add-on for Messenger. However, we move on. Members of these forums have left before because they found a new thing in life, so if you would wish to move on with new projects then that's totally understandable.

All the other good things have already been said before :)
07-27-2005 07:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Re-Mi

Formerly known as Simple me

44 / Male / –
Well My 2 cents is what everybody else is saying,
please keep msgplus! life and kickin' with all the msn update's.
But focus on a new project give yourself a new and bigger target to do an conquer. Think of something else for the community (other client support, no ehmm other OS support ;))
And when time comes and msn offers you an uppertunity to make a new future for Plus! just do it and make a new plus version then when it's needed so you don't have to brainstorm over little things we don't use.

btw new poject idea java based msn client for mobile's with plus functions :P :)

Greetz,

Simple me <=> Re-Mi should ask someone to change my name again
07-27-2005 09:28 PM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
I think when Patchou says new projects he means ones completely unrelated to MSN Messenger Simple Me :P
Segosa is newb.
07-27-2005 09:36 PM
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
I would be happy if you left it at the next version, so long as you update the bugs, make sure it's compatible with the new MSN versions, etc.
I seriously doubt the community would die out. Come on, how many people would still be viewing MsgPlus.com/net, and downloading, and getting problems, etc. People don't just view the page because it is being updated, people view the page because they discover it, no matter what version. And so long as we, the people of the community, keep spreading Plus! and keep posting, then, it wouldn't die out.
I look forward to seeing your future projects, I am sure they will be as good, if not better than Plus!. I understand that you can't always be working on the same thing forever.. :p
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
07-27-2005 10:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
With new versions of msn, comes new features with it, as long as they keep upping msn, plus! should keep boosting as well. :)
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
07-28-2005 01:04 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Allright.. well i simply want to say what I think.. I belive Msg Plus! already contains a whole lot of options, and except the tabbed convo coming up, I don't see anything else that should be rlly needed to add.. The only thing I belive is some details that could be made better for future  release.. EG: the desktop contacts could show emoticon and so on.. But as for new features.. msg plus already has a lot... and you are totally right, adding too many useless ones could make the application a lot less interesting..

so ye.. I don't know, I guess it's your choice afterall.. if you don't see like here's a lot of new features to ad.. maybe just stopping and if you ever think of something adding it up l8er..? I don't think you should rush updates just cuz it's been a long time msg plus! wouldnt have gotten any.. I think you just need to update when there's a valid feature/reason to do so.. so if you done with 3.60 and then drop it for a year or 2.. I think that should give you time to work on other projects and also to make msg plus! better if you think of something..

Last but not least, I'd just wanted you to know that I rlly appreciated not only plus! but this whole community, wte you do man, youll always have had done something huge for everyone here.. So if this is in fact the last version of msg plus!.. Well.. thx for these many yrs of programming man :)
07-28-2005 01:06 AM
Pages: (11): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: