What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus! Future

Pages: (11): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 » Last »
Messenger Plus! Future
Author: Message:
Slack2116

– / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! Future
as long as its updated with newer versions of MSN Messenger im happy.
08-25-2005 11:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
zaidgs

– / Male / –
there is no pressure for a new feature for every update,,, just when u feel that a certain feature is a really good one, add it, otherwise dont..... dont just added features aimelessly,,, and dont think that we'll b disapointed if u didnt,, plus is doing its job at premium quality!
08-26-2005 11:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
Although i havent been a part of the Msgplus community for long, I have been a loyal user of Plus! for a good couple years, and ive seen it develop from strength to strength.
Not one person i speak to on my msn list (over 150 contacts) hasnt got Msg Plus!. Thats quite an achievement, infact scratch that, Its effing brilliant ;)
Plus! offers users all theyll ever need to get the most out of thier msn as present, but my concern is as microsofts technology increases, what will happen to Plus?
In 3 years time, will people still want this download? If you discontinue developing, will Plus! phase out?
At the moment, youve done all you can, and im sure on the next update, youll have shocked us all again and have given us something else to use on one of the worlds biggest IM services (If not the biggest). This is an invention to be proud of, and adding more silly things (which i for one suggested in my own thread) may "over load" Plus!, But it may also increase downloads, because lets face it, so far adding new features has been a "Plus" for you (geddit? :P)

Its amazing how much people actually DEPEND on Plus! these days, as much as they depend on MSN messenger i would say, and it would be sad to see you stop. But instead of trying to invent new stuff, let it come to you. If you see a really great feature, *shrug* add it.

Like someone else said though, its your life, and im sure well all be scrolling through another forum in 4 years time, staring in the face your new *top secret* project and thinking "Genius, how does he do it?"

:)

LittleK
[Image: style3,LittleK.png]
08-28-2005 11:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4

Id just like to know what are the future projects?
you'll findout soon enough when Patchou makes his announcement
08-29-2005 12:29 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zaidgs

– / Male / –
im sure even if plus! development was halted we'll not regret it,, sure plus! rocks, but im sure patchou is a great developer and his new projects will gain equal if not more public interest..... go patchou creat new stuff to ur liking..... plus is amost complete now, so just do as LittleK said:
quote:
Originally posted by LittleK
But instead of trying to invent new stuff, let it come to you. If you see a really great feature, *shrug* add it.

im really willing to test new products from patchou,, but i also need plus! to make msn messenger a better IM program.
08-29-2005 12:45 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
i would be really sad come on mayby in the near future msn will bring out a new messenger that has new features then ull have to come along and put beter features on !! :(  ok what other projects u workin on?
09-28-2005 04:16 PM
CanadianOriginal

Please Stand By

44 / Male / Flag
I've used Plus! since the days of 1.x, and I'd never dream it would come this far. The support and popularity of this addon have litterally overwhelmed the IM community.

I can see the point of reaching a plateau as far as adding features. There's only so much that can be useful. Maybe it is time to move onto other projects, so long as you keep Plus! up to date with Messenger updates.

Of course, letting it rest for a while doesn't mean abandonning it completely. there may come a time, somewhere down the road, where Plus will have the chance to expand once again, possibly after MS further develops Messenger itself. If and when that time comes, The community will be behind you full throttle, ready to bring Plus! into a new era. In the mean time, maybe the world's most popular MSN Messenger addon needs a respite.

Whatever you choose to do, Merci beaucop for the last 4 years, and make sure to keep us updated on any other programming projects! We've seen how talented and driven you are, I don't beleive any bad software could come from that!

- C.O.
~ Better to reign in hell, than serve in heaven
09-29-2005 04:43 AM
expert

Im back

31 / Male / –
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Future
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
Here are my concepts ;)

[Image: untitled29uy.th.jpg]

[Image: untitled93cu.th.jpg]

great concept absorbation(y)
[Image: bar9sk.jpg]
09-29-2005 04:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
I see and I understand the whole point of what Patchou's saying.
Software can get to a certain point where it becaus too bloated.
Patchou has used up pretty much real good idea that's useful to add
onto MSN, but there is still lots on high demand, like a webcam
recorder, I think that if that was implemented, downloads would
go nuts.  And as long as MSN Messenger is developing you can add
on to their new stuff they have implemented, when a new feature comes
in from msn team, that builds more opportunity to add on.  I
personally don't want webcam recording that much, but it's at such a
high demand.

I don't know if you plan to start in another feild of software
development or still stick to adding on to msn messenger, or by making
another program.

I think that you should start another project, a fresh new start, another chance to earn big, and earn more. :)

I probably wouldn't be using MSN this day if it wasn't for MsgPlus,
thank you very much for making this program, it's revolutionized teh
way msn works and the messenger community's these days. :)

[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
09-29-2005 05:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I think with Vista's dev platform coming up alot more can been done.

Have you tried looking at other addons and their features and see if you can somehow implant them in your software without it being dodgy or anything?
09-29-2005 05:16 PM
Pages: (11): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: