What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Internet Explorer 7: First Impressions?

Pages: (11): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
Internet Explorer 7: First Impressions?
Author: Message:
auhsor

Woop

38 / Male / –
RE: RE: Internet Explorer 7: First Impressions?
quote:
Originally posted by super-schaf
i cant download it anywere! :-(

You're not supposed to download it anywhere unless you are a MSDN Subscriber or something... or through some other devious way.

To be honest I think that the UI is pretty terrible. I havn't actually used it, but from all the pictures I've seen, everything is in very awkward positions, such as the obvious menu bar (I've heard it is put there for security reasons :S), along with the refresh button. I just don't like it much at all. Until it gets alot more customisable then I'm not even going to think about using it.

This post was edited on 07-29-2005 at 11:41 AM by auhsor.
07-29-2005 11:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
RE: Internet Explorer 7: First Impressions?
OMFG it's as if they ripped-off every feature from Firefox, dodgy Microcrap.
AC3
07-29-2005 02:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
OMFG it's as if they ripped-off every feature from Firefox.
i was just thinking that :P
So suddenly FireFox invented tabs?
07-29-2005 02:48 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
buzz

be a good bee

– / Male / –
http://kasimchen.com/2004/12/21/tabbed-browser/
i see nothing wrong with using popular features which every brower is starting to use. Firefox spreads just as much propaganda about there product as IE. and y are some of you saying that you will never use ie7 because you didnt like beta ONE?
07-29-2005 03:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
you shouldnt base all your thoughts on beta one. I mean seriously, most of you arent even legal to test it and there you are doing it anyway and saying its crap.Look, every product has a "crap" stage weather anyone sees it or not [private beta, public beta, or no beta at all] and no mattter what, unless you personally had the whole program planned piece per piece and everything you writing ready, its always gonna be like that. you cant possibly have a browser thats perfect... and its just beta 1, give them a chance...sure I dont like MS but Im gonna give them a chance on this one...
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
07-29-2005 03:25 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
evil_panda

Ahhhh...Rupert

34 / Male / –
RE: RE: Internet Explorer 7: First Impressions?
quote:
Originally posted by super-schaf
i cant download it anywere! :-(

Ask traxor...
[Image: sig.jpg]
07-29-2005 04:10 PM
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
Its even got the little quick search bar at he top like firefox!
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

07-29-2005 04:14 PM
Sasuke

you people arefriggen wierd. Firefox is for people who use macs. Who the hell spends more than 4 hous downlading plugins for thier web brouser. Theres Avant wich is an IE alternativeto Firefox, mostwebsites outthere only dipend on IE to run.Why the hell would i switc to firefox when ill beusing IE again when firefox cant even open a website that ues IE to run

theres thing called torrent... im not gona mention how to get IE7 or what website was use to get IE7 the only thing I can say s Torrent.... use google to find out more if you still dn know where imgettig at

This post was edited on 07-29-2005 at 05:43 PM by Sasuke.
07-29-2005 05:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
auhsor

Woop

38 / Male / –
Dude... Firstly, check over your post before you click reply. It can be pretty hard to read. If English is not your native language then sorry.

And Firefox is not for people who use macs... Its for Windows/Macs/Linux/Unix/Solaris... basically every system out there. You only need to spend time customising it if you want to. Basically there is 1 or 2 extensions that I feel are essential and they arn't that hard to find.

About the compatability... IE is broken, and they havn't fixed it for IE7, and that makes me sad. I'm just starting to get into CSS with making my website, and am wanting to do some really fancy stuff but IE's compatability really lets me down. Check out this site for a few examples. I spend quite a good few hours a day on the net and I maybe come to 1 site every couple of days that doesn't work on FF. That isn't most.

Now yes there are many many different ways for find out how to get IE7, but we shouldn't hint where. If someone want to get it, they can search for it... its as simple as that.
07-30-2005 02:17 AM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: Internet Explorer 7: First Impressions?
For "quotes", my reply is in bold.

Originally posted by Animal
you trying to get a job with Microsoft dane? ..the fact is.. IE7 shoulda been IE6  . IE7 will just break a lot of webpages, so there for lots of people will just move to  Firefox as people will have to rewrite there pages to suite IE7 Rendering  Pages differently

Every browser has added their own "standards" to the internet, even Gecko. It's not JUST Microsoft's fault (IE's fault) that several browser render the same page quite differently.

I've personally encountered a large nubmer of sites that DON'T render correctly on either Opera or Firefox but do on IE.

-------------------------------

Originally posted by Animal
firefox in its Nightly builds has improvements an Security ,, an more features, , firefox has extensions/plugins where as IE is very limmited,

Corporations and the average user do *NOT* keep up with nightly builds. It's just too tedious, inconvenient and time consuming especially for "big" corporations.

There's a reason why Microsoft takes so "long" to release security updates and now you know why.

--------------------------------

Originally posted by Svip
IE being safer than Firefox? Nah. It's just you falling under the arms of Microsoft's propaganda.

It is safer. Microsoft "propaganda" or no, it's a fact. I'm comparing IE7's security to Firefox MAIN RELEASES, not nightlys not trunks etc.

IE7 does far from impress me, in fact, it just proves my point that Microsoft is bad for the world, because of their amateur programming, their lack of understanding a correct struture of a program, and all that jazz.

Just a rant without reason. Just why does IE7 not impress you? And who said Microsoft was tailoring their software just for you? Your voice among the world's is insignificant.

Microsoft shouldn't do software. The world is bleeding cause of it, shouldn't surprise me if it's Windows' fault their even is a war in Iraq.

This proves my point about you being so biased, the software or even the concepts "fail" before you even load it up or see it/

--------------------------------

Moo, I was commenting on Dane's post.

Anyways, it probably wont, cause Microsoft just tries to cover the most common fawls and then say; "OMG MORE SECURE THAN FIREFOX!!! MWHAHAHAHA".

You obviously haven't run IE7 and seen what the team has been doing. Besides, it is not that IE is less secure, because it's not. It is just that IE is more popular and so, is focused on by hackers and exploiters alike. If the tables were turned and Firefox was the most popular browser, Firefox wouldn't last a day without an exploit being discovered.

And reality is that it's just one bit of the Internet it wins over Firefox at. But that's because it's IE problems. :\ So it can't be more secure than Firefox. lol

-------------------------------------------------

"Safety" is how much access websites can get to your computer just by you viewing their page.

Merely by your definition and this is wrong.

As IE supports ActiveX and VB-Script, it makes it highly insecure, as ActiveX and VB-Script has a lot of errors and exploits, which means that people's files can be changed without them knowning it.

Both ActiveX and VB-Script allow for a countless number of things that can't be done without them. It is only "highly insecure" because exploiters and hackers alike focus on them. Once again, if the roles were reversed, Firefox would probably be updated daily. And Internet Explorer would wow the world for what ActiveX, when not used maliciously, can achieve.

@Time; Let's just agree to disagree, aye?

Originally posted by: -dt-
so true , to increase IE's security they made IE run on its own limited user account!!!!!!!!!

So you admit IE7 is more secure than before. I don't get you people, you complain about security but when Microsoft do something about it, you bitch and moan and want it removed. Take SP2 for example, people have been bagging Microsoft for ages to increase security and they do, and now people complain. SP2's Security Center increases your computers PC, contrary to popular belief as do the many changes to the Operating System itself.

also wtf intergrated rss feeds heard of LIVE BOOKMARKS
search bar in top corner is so a rip off of opera and firefox.

Every product takes ideas from another, it's how they grow. Just take a look at Y!IM and MSN Messenger.

IE's whole new design is a rip off and its wrong.

Boo hoo. That's life, grow up and stop crying.

Originally posted by: Savior
I've used it and to tell you the truth they ripped off netscape big time

Then every browser did.

Now for the rest:

Go away troll.

Once you've started up your own company that produces better products than Microsoft, then and ONLY THEN can you rightfully shove alternate software down peoples' throats. You are entitled to your opinion, yes. BUT I *HATE* it when people like you SHOVE  THEIR OPINION down other peoples' throats. "You don't like what I like and so, you are wrong".

Security has improved in IE7 and it *IS* more secure than Firefox, but obviously, you wouldn't know seeing as you use a product from Microsoft with such a biased attitude, it "fails" in your mind, immediately.

All of you out there who merely support firefox and nothing else:
Your arguments are void as the research that was obviously not done is incorrect making your argument irrelevant. Big corporations *can* move from different versions of Windows quite easily, it's called Volume Licensing. Big corporations have no problem with such a "job" as if they run into problems, they get professional, ENTERPRISE LEVEL support. Something Mozilla would not be giving out.

Use your browser of choice and go away. Let users who are yet to experience IE7 not be influenced by your obviously biased opinion.
07-30-2005 03:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (11): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: