What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over edge of runway.

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over edge of runway.
Author: Message:
toddiot

know the name.

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway
quote:
Originally posted by Fourjays

Good Job everyone survived. (Y)

Considering what could have happened, it's pretty amazing no one died or got seriously hurt.

Anyway, I don't know about you, but I think I'm going to stay away from airplanes (at least when it's raining) for a while...

ME? Paranoid?! :P
[Image: toddiot.png]
Send me a message
08-04-2005 01:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sasuke

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway
my aploud to the pilot... the world doesnt have enough skilled pilots to prevent anyone from dieing so... If i could, id give him/her a standing ovation.

and theres no way lightning could of done that crash. No way! thats like a 1 in a 100,000,000,000 chances.

This post was edited on 08-04-2005 at 02:36 AM by Sasuke.
08-04-2005 02:32 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway
All planes evacuations are customed to take a maximum of 90 SECONDS, this would explain why everyone was able to survive, I think you also have to congradulate the passengers for following instructions well (Y)
08-04-2005 02:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
Something similar happened here some years ago... although it was when taking off, and unfortunately there were several deaths... what happened was... the plane accelerated, but never took off. It passed the runway and crossed a car highway JUST as the traffic lights were in red. Could be quite worse. Ended in a golf course across the street.

http://www.airdisaster.com/photos/lapa3142/photo.shtml

http://www.accidentreconstruction.com/news/sep99/090199c.html

This post was edited on 08-04-2005 at 04:36 AM by Guido.
08-04-2005 04:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
toddiot

know the name.

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway
I just passed by the airport today. The plane is pretty badly damaged (litarally "burnt"). You can see it form the highway -- quite a sight to see with all the police investigating and stuff...

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
All planes evacuations are customed to take a maximum of 90 SECONDS

It only took them 53 seconds.
[Image: toddiot.png]
Send me a message
08-06-2005 02:16 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by toddiot
It only took them 53 seconds.

wow

[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
08-06-2005 02:22 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over edge of runway.
i flew right over it to day on my trip back from moncton, no delays, but they said, its looking like it was not a lighting strike, they checked the wings, the wing tips, tand tail, (all still left in pretty good condition) and there was no evitence of a exit apature, for the lightning, its common for it wo exit in those area, but investigators are not rule the possability out,

currently the "Black Boxes" ave been sent to france, downloaded the logs, and should be back to toronto investagators shortly, currently the strongest THEORY is hydro-planing(a.k.a. aquaplaning)

>>>

common reasons why the plane may have exploded was the pilots probualy realised that they were not stoping in tim, and throttled UP to attemt to take off again, thust putting the engines at full power when it crashed

and there is the fact that the plane carry a LOT of fuel, even it if was close to empty, gas tanks are MORE dangerous when close to empty then full

<<<<

although the imfo in the >>>   <<< is my own opinion, the rest is factual i have gotten off the radio
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6643 days, 12 hours, 8 minutes, 16 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
08-06-2005 03:31 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over edge of runway.
your opinion makes sense tho!

The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
08-06-2005 03:40 AM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
your opinion makes sense tho!

thanks man, its kinda scary thinking that i took of from that RUNWAY just the day before
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6643 days, 12 hours, 8 minutes, 16 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
08-06-2005 03:43 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
definately scary...

Messenger Stuff Forums
08-06-2005 03:44 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: