What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » New add-on for MSN Messenger

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
New add-on for MSN Messenger
Author: Message:
kipper2258

RE: New add-on for MSN Messenger
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Also you need your contact to get the add on to see them too, it also sends messages to your contacts to get it,

Rather like those 1000+ free emotions, or whatever they are called, I managed to download one of those, and it wasn't an easy task to remove, about 5 web bars, a few trojans, tons of spyware..... I am guessing this will be much the same, and it floods your contacts practically everytim you speak.
[Image: w2m/]
Yeah - Im a kipper - A salted fish...
The fish inside me's Blog.

World domination!
08-09-2005 02:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
I think its buddy fun or something?
08-09-2005 02:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kipper2258

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
I think its buddy fun or something?

Buddyfun, thats the one, I hate them, and I still get stupid messages non-stop from the 2 people on my contact list who have it, but I have blocked them, as they are (both!) my old best friend, who is a lieing toad who exploits people to put it lightly ;)

This post was edited on 08-09-2005 at 02:56 PM by kipper2258.

World domination!
08-09-2005 02:56 PM
SweetNSaucy

49 / Female / –
Isn't there a link for me to download them?^o)
08-09-2005 03:13 PM
kotjze

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SweetNSaucy

O.o Please don't write your messages like that. And there is a link in the first post labelled "website".
[Image: 2wehvrb.jpg]
<Discrate> lol geeks are fags who sit at home on the computer without a gf and no friends except other geeks they meet on the net
------------------------------
<+Nitro> I've found that the best way to clean your keyboard without taking everything apart is by sucking it
08-09-2005 03:21 PM
kipper2258

quote:
Originally posted by Kotjze
quote:
Originally posted by SweetNSaucy

O.o Please don't write your messages like that. And there is a link in the first post labelled "website".

True, and if you look back a couple of replies, I have already furfulled that request with a direct link to the download. Also if you read this article fully, you would have seen the discovery of spyware, you really shouldn't download it if you have any sence.

This post was edited on 08-09-2005 at 04:10 PM by kipper2258.

World domination!
08-09-2005 04:09 PM
bgarrun

O.P. RE: New add-on for MSN Messenger
Hello everybody,
I would like to clarify few things:

1. We are not SmileyCentral (BuddyFun, etc...). It's a different company / different product.

2. SweetIM is a new product that was developed for fun not for commercial reasons.

3. THERE ARE NO SPYWARE / ADWARE / TROJANS or whatsoever. Please feel free to activate anti-spyware / antivirus on the client. The only thing it does, it adds (like most of the application) the Installation Directory in the registry (HK_CURRENTUSER\Software\Macrogaming\SweetIM) and standard automatic run entry. For continuous automatic update, it tries to connect to SweetIM web site.

4. The purpose of this project is to enhance the MSN Messenger environment with new and exciting content. I really hope that you'll like and use the product.

For those that can't find the download please feel free to go to:
http://www.sweetim.com
08-09-2005 04:12 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
i would like that dam link removed everytime i type. it put everyone i know off the product :(
08-09-2005 04:14 PM
kipper2258

quote:
Originally posted by bgarrun
Hello everybody,
I would like to clarify few things:

1. We are not SmileyCentral (BuddyFun, etc...). It's a different company / different product.

2. SweetIM is a new product that was developed for fun not for commercial reasons.

3. THERE ARE NO SPYWARE / ADWARE / TROJANS or whatsoever. Please feel free to activate anti-spyware / antivirus on the client. The only thing it does, it adds (like most of the application) the Installation Directory in the registry (HK_CURRENTUSER\Software\Macrogaming\SweetIM) and standard automatic run entry. For continuous automatic update, it tries to connect to SweetIM web site.

4. The purpose of this project is to enhance the MSN Messenger environment with new and exciting content. I really hope that you'll like and use the product.

For those that can't find the download please feel free to go to:
http://www.sweetim.com

We never said you were smileycentral - only that it seems rather like it.
And personally notifing all your contacts, whenever you type, that they don't have it installed ect is seen as adware to me. And for that matter, others have reported registry edits, addition of links and anti-virus/jave changes.

TBH We are only telling users to be wary, and we can't really class you as a known group or a well known member.

For that matter has anyone contacted an admin for removal, if not I shall PM one now.

This post was edited on 08-09-2005 at 04:19 PM by kipper2258.

World domination!
08-09-2005 04:18 PM
bgarrun

O.P. RE: New add-on for MSN Messenger
Regarding what Absorbation said (about the links) :
Each time you send SweetIM content (emoticons, winks, audibles, sound effects, etc..), we have to send some tokens to the second peer to identify the content that should be presented. To achieve this we are sending a special link that represents the content to play. Those users that don't have it installed will get a one click access to install it; and those that have it installed will enjoy the content and won't get the tokens.

It does NOT send anything automatically !

PS: If anyone have any idea on how to solve the tokens issue - please let me know !
08-09-2005 04:32 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: