What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus! is not a spyware... Sign the petition!

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Messenger Plus! is not a spyware... Sign the petition!
Author: Message:
sk8michael

34 / Male / –
O.P. Messenger Plus! is not a spyware... Sign the petition!
quote:
To:  Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta
Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta now treats Messenger Plus! as a spyware and asks you to block it from your computer. But, everybody should know that Messenger Plus! IS NOT A SPYWARE... It only asks you if you want to install a sponsor while installing it. Of course, you can refuse to install the sponsor and install Messenger Plus! anyway!

Also, you are conscious that the creator of Msg Plus!, Patchou, and his program don't need a bad publicity like this! Messenger Plus! is a great addon for MSN Messenger!

Thus, by signing this petition, you agree that Microsoft AntiSpyware badly judged Messenger Plus! and you want Microsoft AnitiSpyware to remove Messenger Plus! from there spywares list!

Thank you for your comprehension! ~ Sk8michael ~

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

I'm sure you all agree that Patchou made a great addon for MSN Messenger! Now, it's time to thank him for all the things he made for us! Microsoft AntiSpyware now treats Msg Plus! as a spyware and it can affect Messenger Plus' popularity... But that's not what we want for this great addon! So, to thank Patchou for his great work, sign the petition to remove Messenger Plus! from Microsoft AntiSpyware spywares list! Together, I think we can change the situation!

Sign the petition here: http://www.petitiononline.com/msgplus/
[Image: messengerplussignature4lg.gif]
08-15-2005 12:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! is not a spyware... Sign the petition!
There is no point of a petition, Patchou has already said he will speak to MS about it.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=48814&page=1

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well, that is new...... what the hell is that and since when msgplus.exe is a threat to anybody? I'm going to contact MS about this and if they don't do something about it, this time, I will. This is outrageous.

Thanks for reporting.

This post was edited on 08-15-2005 at 12:17 AM by mwe99.
08-15-2005 12:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
sk8michael

34 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger Plus! is not a spyware... Sign the petition!
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
There is no point of a petition, Patchou has already said he will speak to MS about it.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=48814&page=1

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well, that is new...... what the hell is that and since when msgplus.exe is a threat to anybody? I'm going to contact MS about this and if they don't do something about it, this time, I will. This is outrageous.

Thanks for reporting.

...With a petition, it proves to Microsoft that Messenger Plus! users , and not only its creator, know that Msg Plus! is not a spyware!

This post was edited on 08-15-2005 at 01:30 AM by sk8michael.
[Image: messengerplussignature4lg.gif]
08-15-2005 12:25 AM
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
signed
w00t :D

and :refuck: to the MS AntiSpyware Team, they have a descent product, but taking heed to user input is part of the job description, I believe :dodgy:.

This post was edited on 08-15-2005 at 12:31 AM by ipab.
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
08-15-2005 12:30 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Besides waiting for Patchou to deal with this (which he will), I would suggest to at least change the letter...

quote:
Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta now treats Messenger Plus! as a moderate level spyware treat and asks you to block it from your computer everytime Plus! runs and not only during a AntiSpyware scan.

But, everybody should know that Messenger Plus! itself IS NOT A SPYWARE...

It is ONLY the installer which could potentially install ADWARE if the user CHOOSE to do so. It only asks you if you want to install a sponsor while installing it.

Of course, you can refuse to install the optional adware sponsor and install Messenger Plus! anyway. The Messenger Plus! program itself (msgplus.exe) or its DLL's does NOT install anything related to spyware nor adware and is no treat at all to any computer.

Also, you are conscious that the creator of Messenger Plus!, Patchou, and his program don't need a bad publicity like this! Messenger Plus! is a great addon for MSN Messenger!

With Pathou's own words: "If they were detecting the setup, I could concede that a threat exists, as the user still has the choice to install the sponsor or not. But they are detecting msgplus.exe which does not harm your computer in any way".

To make things even worse for end-users, those who entrust Microsoft AntiSpyware to "remove" Messenger Plus! are in fact stuck with the actual sponsor program.

Thus, by signing this petition, you agree that Microsoft AntiSpyware badly judge Messenger Plus! and you want Microsoft AnitiSpyware to remove Messenger Plus! from there spywares list or at least let it detect only the installer!

updated: paragraphs 6 and 7 added which originate from Daniel's post on msnfanatic

This post was edited on 08-15-2005 at 03:36 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-15-2005 01:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
Great initiative! Please make the changes Cookie suggests, as they are quite important. (Y)
08-15-2005 01:17 AM
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
co-sign, it aint spyware!
08-15-2005 02:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lawdka0z

Im all for the removal of this rating, But I think patchou should remove his Adware first, this is obviously what Microsoft wants.
08-15-2005 04:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
no its not, because its not detecting adware, its dectecting msgplus.exe which does not contain spyware/adware
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6649 days, 5 minutes, 53 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
08-15-2005 04:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lawdka0z

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! is not a spyware... Sign the petition!
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
no its not, because its not detecting adware, its dectecting msgplus.exe which does not contain spyware/adware

thats completely beside the point.

the msgplus package includes software which microsoft has deemed as unsafe

microsoft dosnt want to detect the spyware, because patchou can swap that for different spyware, and then it wont be detected again.. and if he keeps doing it.. they would never be able to catch up..

This post was edited on 08-15-2005 at 04:48 AM by lawdka0z.
[Image: bla.gif]
08-15-2005 04:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: