What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Block-Checker

Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
Block-Checker
Author: Message:
lui2603

RE: Block-Checker
PEOPLE!! this is Not! a virus! it is just a program that checks for people are offline or online... but doesnt work.. and the message it gives out to your contacts is just a "tell a friend" thingy that comes with the block-checker program!
You can easily remove it by downloading there remover program from their site! HERE
08-24-2005 11:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Fergy

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lui2603
PEOPLE!! this is Not! a virus! it is just a program that checks for people are offline or online...
It is considered as malware. It takes up your memory and does not do anything except for spammin others with their advertising.
quote:

You can easily remove it by downloading there remover program from their site! HERE
That doesnt completely remove it

follow cookierevised's instructiopns to erase it completely

This post was edited on 08-25-2005 at 04:37 AM by Fergy.
I should change my sig ay?
08-25-2005 04:34 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Block-Checker
quote:
Originally posted by Fergy
quote:
That doesnt completely remove it. Follow cookierevised's instructiopns to erase it completely
It isn't even a  program but a very bad compiled list of instructions with many (important) things left out.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-25-2005 04:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kipper2258

quote:

That has to be one of the worst removal "programs" I have ever seen, people like this deserve to be sued for the misleading information they provide
[Image: w2m/]
Yeah - Im a kipper - A salted fish...
The fish inside me's Blog.

World domination!
08-25-2005 03:49 PM
selene

RE: RE: Block-Checker
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
[size=1]
quote:
Originally posted by Fergy

[*]Open Process Explorer and kill "csrss.exe" first.
To avoid killing the wrong csrss.exe process, look at the "User Name" column which lists who has started the process.
If it is "SYSTEM" or "NT AUTHORITY" or the likes, then it means it is the legit windows process started by Windows itself and shouldn't be killed. If it is your username/computername then it means the csrss.exe process has started up as a normal user program and thus is not legit and the fake one. This is the one you need to kill...
In Process Explorer, you can also look at the path of csrss.exe (right click on it and choose "Properties"). If it is "C:\Program Files\Block Checker" then it is the fake one.
[*]While still in Process Explorer, kill "block-checker.exe" if it is still there.[/list]

I'm trying to do this part of the process to get rid of this virus anyway the only csrss.exe i can find running its discription is Client Server Runningtime Process and the company name is Microsoft Corporation, I'm guessing thats ilgit but not knowing much about computers i though it best to ask, sorry to be a pain.
08-26-2005 02:56 PM
Fergy

35 / Male / Flag
the fake csrss.exe should be located in C:\Program Files\Block Checker
There should be 2 in there and in the information section down the bottom it should tell you the location. make sure you have looked through it thouroghly.
I should change my sig ay?
08-26-2005 03:55 PM
selene

ok ive looked again and there is only the one, and i dont have anything to do with block checker in my program files, my dad was playing with my pc last night and trying to get rid of it, maybe he deleted it all then, im still getting some messages on msn though.
08-26-2005 04:05 PM
segosa
Community's Choice

You're GETTING messages sure, from OTHER people who are infected.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
08-26-2005 04:37 PM
benjyrama

who?

33 / Male / Flag
i installed this and then uninstalled this and all of the items in cookieRevised instructions were already deleted when I tried to follow them. The uninstaller seemed to work perfectly well for me. I didn;t have to do nething extra
[Image: userbardz2.gif]
08-27-2005 11:53 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by benjyrama
i installed this and then uninstalled this and all of the items in cookieRevised instructions were already deleted when I tried to follow them. The uninstaller seemed to work perfectly well for me. I didn;t have to do nething extra
Hence I said to run the uninstaller first and why I said "if it still exists" in several of the points... ;)

note that the uninstaller doesn't always seem to work (as reported by many people)

This post was edited on 08-27-2005 at 04:07 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-27-2005 04:06 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: