What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Firefox Question

Firefox Question
Author: Message:
Dan0208

36 / Male / –
O.P. Firefox Question
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone knew of either a firefox extension or a way of achieving this.
Most times I start up firefox to browse the internet there is about 5 or so pages i open in tabs that i check daily. What i would like to do is by pressing a button or something to make all the pages i choose load up in separate tabs. kinda like my homepage on when firefox loads but multiple pages.
Another problem is i dont want it to happen every time i open firefox cos some times i just want to clicking search for something or do some school work etc.

Anyone know a way of achieving this?
Thanks
[Image: wetpix%20sig.png]
08-20-2005 02:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Firefox Question
You can already have multiple home pages in Firefox. Just go to options and choose "use current pages".

Of course, this does what you don't want to: it opens each time you open a new window of FF.

Did you try looking in mozdev.org and addons.mozilla.org (or google.com)?

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

08-20-2005 02:32 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zach

33 / Male / Flag
You could make a folder in your bookmarks which has all the pages in it and then you can just click "Open in Tabs" at the bottom. You could add the "bookmarks" icon to your toolbar if you want it to open in a sidebar...
08-20-2005 03:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Caboose

35 / Male / –
Maybe SessionSaver is what you're looking for.
08-20-2005 03:13 AM
Dan0208

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Firefox Question
quote:
Originally posted by Regexp
You can already have multiple home pages in Firefox. Just go to options and choose "use current pages".

Of course, this does what you don't want to: it opens each time you open a new window of FF.

Did you try looking in mozdev.org and addons.mozilla.org (or google.com)?

Yea thats like what i want to do and already knew about that but as you said it will come up with every new window of firefox i open. I was hoping for something better.

I just had a look at that sessionsaver thing it looks really good for what it does however its not really what im after. unless it has another function like this. I dont want to load every last page i was looking at when i closed i just want it to open a few pages that i normally visit when i first open FF.
[Image: wetpix%20sig.png]
08-20-2005 03:43 AM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Firefox Question
quote:
Originally posted by Dan0208
I just had a look at that sessionsaver thing it looks really good for what it does however its not really what im after. unless it has another function like this. I dont want to load every last page i was looking at when i closed i just want it to open a few pages that i normally visit when i first open FF.

Take a look at zach's idea, it will[i/] need a few clicks from you, but otherwise works great.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by zach

You could make a folder in your bookmarks which has all the pages in it and then you can just click "Open in Tabs" at the bottom.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
08-20-2005 06:53 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: