What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Google Talk is LIVE!

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
Google Talk is LIVE!
Author: Message:
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
RE: Google Talk is LIVE!
quote:
Originally posted by Stab
It's crap +o(
I like it.. simple and clean.
quote:
And it's a Beta
Everything with Google is in beta ;), but their beta's are mostly pretty good.
quote:
you need to have a gmail account...
didn't most of us used to get a hotmail address just for MSN Messenger? While we just got an e-mailaddress from our ISP with more space than 2MB?
08-24-2005 09:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lieter

37 / Male / –
RE: RE: Google Talk is LIVE!
quote:
Originally posted by Kao
quote:
Originally posted by Lieter
works fine on my dual monitors :)
but do you use anything to have a taskbar on the second monitor? If not, then of course it works fine, because you only have a taskbar on one monitor =p

hmm with the smart taskbar with Ultra mon it doesnt show up in the 2nd taskbar(but i never use the smart taskbar ;))

This post was edited on 08-24-2005 at 09:42 AM by Lieter.
Stuff:
MSN Messenger 7.5.0299 (English)
Messenger Plus! 3.60.144 (English)
StuffPlug NG 2.2.397(BETA) (English)
[Image: Lieter.png]
08-24-2005 09:41 AM
PenguinBoy

indude

35 / Male / –
it's a bit minimalist, i personally am disappointed... it doesn't offer anything that wasn't available already. And i don't have a microphone so bollacks to that. I guess the fact that i's gmail integrated is a bonus. how exactly is this supposed to compete with other IMs, competition was what i was relying on.

I do however like the docking etc.  and winks and nudges are just annoying anyway.

i'm afraid that i'm not quite as torn as i thought i'd be, msn gives me everything i need. Google talk has less and i only have 3 or 4 friends with gmail.
08-24-2005 09:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by PenguinBoy
it's a bit minimalist, i personally am disappointed... it doesn't offer anything that wasn't available already. And i don't have a microphone so bollacks to that. I guess the fact that i's gmail integrated is a bonus. how exactly is this supposed to compete with other IMs, competition was what i was relying on.

I do however like the docking etc.  and winks and nudges are just annoying anyway.

i'm afraid that i'm not quite as torn as i thought i'd be, msn gives me everything i need. Google talk has less and i only have 3 or 4 friends with gmail.
quote:
Originally posted by Google Talk About

15. What new features are you working on?

We could tell you, but then you'd have to promise to not talk about it... Joking aside, Google Talk is still in beta, and we're working hard to add features and make improvements. We're just not quite ready yet to reveal the other cool things we've got planned. We can say this, though: we believe strongly in user choice and open standards, and we are committed to letting users access Google Talk using the client and platform of their choice, as well as to enabling our users to talk with users from other service providers.

We also want to keep making Google Talk better and we want your ideas and feedback to help make this happen! Talk to us using the Help link in the Google Talk interface. Let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you'd really like.
08-24-2005 09:44 AM
kao
Veteran Member

boring

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kao
quote:
works fine on my dual monitors :)
but do you use anything to have a taskbar on the second monitor? If not, then of course it works fine, because you only have a taskbar on one monitor =p

hmm with the smart taskbar with Ultra mon it doesnt show up in the 2nd taskbar(but i never use the smart taskbar ;))
Ahh, i always use it, and google talk is the first program which has been a taskbar it shouldn't be on =)
08-24-2005 09:45 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
spokes

I <3 Rollerblading

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by PenguinBoy

yes, but they can't just bring out the first version, and have EVERYTHING in it

a) it would take to long to make, and they need to test every new feature gradually, not all at once (so if it was me, i'd add one or 2 features, test it,  release it and then make more features etc.)

b) it gets people kinda excited when they have to wait for a new release, cause they start wondering whats gonna be in it

[Image: sig15ws.png]
08-24-2005 09:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
It's alright. I don't have any friends who have gmail accounts so I can't really test it out. But the thing I really like about it - 899kb and fast!

I don't think I will be using it in months to come, everyone is on MSN. So why bother.

But, good on google. I just wish MSN Messenger was so small and fast :(
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
08-24-2005 10:12 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
hmaster

32 / Male / Flag
Looks good but its more like alpha; with the lack of features, i like the convo hide though. Skinning would be really easy ;)
[Image: sig.png]
08-24-2005 10:12 AM
saralk
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
I can't get it to work with Gaim, as a Jabber client, any ideas?
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
08-24-2005 10:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Stab

MSN Sphere Creator.

40 / Male / –
You need an invitation to have a Gmail account ;)
But yes it's easy to have one.

The big problem for me is that you can only chat with 1 contact at a time... You can't have a chat with 3 or more contacts... :(
Sorry, if my English is not as good as I would like...

[Image: sign.php]
MSN Sphere
08-24-2005 10:22 AM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: