What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » The Acer Story, like expected...

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
The Acer Story, like expected...
Author: Message:
Exca

Not illiteral, just ignoring you

36 / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  The Acer Story, like expected...
Here it is, the damn thing isn't properly repaired again and so i'm posting this while sending the link of this thread to Acer, and I would like some replies back here, ofcourse you're not obligated...

Here is my Acer story,
and sadly enough there are many other people who have experienced this scenario with their Acer computer too.

I got my Aspire 2003WLMi, which cost me for about €1600, about a year ago.
It all started with a blue dead pixel in my screen, which I found extremely annoying because it was right in the middle. Because is was a DOA (dead on arrival), I could let it repair free of charges, within ten days. I was happy, but I had to send it, which I already found it was unprofessional.

Anyways, after about a week, I got it back. I opened up the laptop, turned it on and I was pleased to see a dead-pixel free screen. BUT, they did charge me a loose touch pad (you could press it deep down in the laptop) for it, and the right latch which wasn’t holding the screen anymore. Called Acer again, said it wasn’t properly repaired, and I had to send it back.

When I finally got it back, the latch and touch pad was repaired. I was pleased, but it seemed that they had to change the whole lcd-screen in order to repair the latch... Guess what, I had a dead pixel again. This time red. Not as annoying as it was with the blue one, but I was at the same point of the very beginning again with the blue pixel, where al these problems have started. And I had no point to complain because of the pixel-policy. But anyway, I accepted it, realising their support sucks.

After about a month, my slot loader started refusing to spit out my cd’s. So this time I had no choice, I had to send it again. I let it repair along with the touch pad, which came loose again and also a headphone jack which fell apart. When it came back, it was all repaired. But I noticed red light coming out of the slot loader now. I looked at it to see what was going on, and I saw that Acer had cut out the felt, which was covering the internal mechanics from dust, in order to repair, and they didn’t care about laser radiation.
Anyway, now dust is blowing in and out my cd-player, which under guarantee (read: guaranteed state of purchase), thanks to their great support.
Also, they didn’t want to repair the messed up headphone jack; “broken headphone jack: it’s ok” there was in the report they included. Notice that this laptop still has to survive another 4 years or so. I send them a complaint mail then, but they still haven’t react. Not even ‘sorry that you have had to experience these problems’ or something like that. I totally gave up, just trying to use the thing and considering to sell it on Ebay or something.

I spent the last months without any further problems. Until, two weeks before my guarantee expired, again the latch on my screen was about to fall apart. I waited a couple of days and then tried to call the head of Acer Support. I got him and explained all this, and he asked me to send it again.
He managed to repair the headphone-jack and the latch, properly. When I got it back I was satisfied. Apart from the slot loader, which I didn’t mentioned this time, (and the dead pixel but that’s no point because of the pixel-policy), it seemed it could last a couple of years now. That’s about a month ago.

Two weeks later, (so two weeks ago this time), the damn thing started crashing each time I tried to make connection to my wireless router. Every time I tried, I got a blue screen, and it rebooted. Over and over again. Again called Acer, stated that I had only a couple of days guarantee left. He said, “no sir, here says you have another three months left”. I asked why they did that, now he couldn’t refuse me to answer, and it seemed that they gave me this because they knew there was something going on inside, and they wanted to set me save for another three months. If I didn’t experience any problems within that period, it would be all right. You see, the computer crashes, I said. While I was speaking, the computer started beeping loud, and I couldn’t turn it off without pulling the battery. He said this clearly was a hardware failure. I know computers too, I know this was the hardware for sure. He said the computer would be exchanged with a new one, probably knowing what was really going on with it. He asked me to send it as quick as possible to see what was going on.

Last week I got it back. I have read the letter included. “No trouble found, no hardware issues found”. They just sent it back to me without doing anything to it. I opened the laptop, and amazingly my internet worked for 5 minutes, again, but then the crashing begun again. I think they just tested it for less then 5 minutes and saw it was working alright and returned it. I called Acer again.
They said they have tested it with their hdd’s and it worked. I remember I shouted, that a blue screen is most likely a hardware issue, not matter what hdd you slam into it, once you got it, you have a problem for sure, and you will get it again.
Then he started to admit and he said I was actually right, but he asked me to format my hard drive this time, before I send it. I said no problem. I formatted, updated windows and the wireless lan driver, but as I expected, I still got the crashes.
Called Acer to say it didn’t help and again I don’t believe their test-hdd story. This time I had another guy on the phone and he also stated this sounded as a hardware related issue and didn’t understand how this return could have happened. He asked me to resend it, and said he felt sorry and would be worried to if he got such crashes. I said, ‘Can you guarantee me there is going to actually going happen something this time? Else it’s again wasted time…’. He guaranteed me that. Then I took some photo’s of the crash in steps, and included it. Wrote an extended fault description, and made a movie with my desktop’s webcam and uploaded it trough the laptop trough cable-lan. And again I sent again.

Now I got it back again and again they didn’t do anything about it. They said they have tested with their hdd again and it was ok. By an accident they have sent me my laptop back with their test-hdd instead of mine (haha they don't even see that difference, that's actually a (huge) fault of them) but anyways I took a look in it and windows wasn't updated on it at all, wifi drivers weren’t updated, so that explaines that they expect us to work with an old system or what?. Only some bullshit to access their servers in networkenvironement was on it, as for the rest it looked like a ordinary formatted hdd. I have updated that windows and guess what, now it crashes again like I expected… I’m sick and tired of it. They have done repairing my laptop tough, that’s the last thing I am gonna keep right now.

Their support sucks, their computers suck and specialty the build quality sucks, you really have to be careful with it. And notice I only took it with me on the road twice! After a year of use, the laptop blinks where your palm rests. And the buttons you press a lots of times like the space button, they also start blinking and fading. I saw this before, but not so bad, it actually became ugly.
I have this Targa desktop computer for over 3 years, I have had a problem once: a crashed hard disk, the day after a technique person ringed at my front door carrying a new hard drive. That is service! And it’s a budget brand. That’s why I bought an Acer actually, because I thought it would make difference and I would never have any problems with that famous brand… seems I was wrong. God I wished I stayed with Targa.

This post was edited on 08-26-2005 at 09:43 PM by Exca.
But that is my opinion!

[Image: djexcaround.gif]
08-26-2005 07:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
RE: The Real Acer Story, like expected
Exca could you please devide that up into more then one Paragraph.  That thing is a bitch to read.
08-26-2005 08:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: The Real Acer Story, like expected
:S I just bought a fucking Acer LAPTOP!!

I never liked acer tbh, but i got an amazing price, and I knew the guy who sold it to me, he saaid Acer was rlly good

:S:S:S
08-26-2005 08:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dennis

RIGHT IN THE NUTS

RE: The Acer Story, like expected...
lol we bought an acer a few days ago and all that could happen... hahah so hilarouis
08-27-2005 04:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
I have had an Acer computer for a while now and I have had no real hardware problems. But I must agree, getting Acer parts did take a long time :undecided:
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

08-27-2005 06:40 AM
Rubber Stamp

It Was Never Random

34 / Male / –
as i said before...this case is really bad...u can easily sue them out in a consumer court...thats wat i would do if i m wrong...just selling the comp off wont help the company get any better or other ppl suffering!
08-27-2005 04:05 PM
dennis

RIGHT IN THE NUTS

lol i would get so pissed off if my acer comp started to do that...
08-27-2005 04:19 PM
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
Acer? iv got a compaq computer, iv been told their all decent cough traxor cough :P

[Image: sinavatar4ie.jpg]

08-28-2005 01:27 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

What? It's true, I've used loads of different Compaq computers, and they're really reliable, unlike some other makes like Packard Bell, IMO HP & Compaq are one of the best computer makes...

Too bad about the Acer, I've used an Acer computer before I think, it all seemed fine... I won't be buying one anytime soon...
08-28-2005 01:30 PM
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
dont worry i believe you! iv never had an acer computer! too be honest iv only had about 3 computers in total and they've been rubbish until this new one!

[Image: sinavatar4ie.jpg]

08-28-2005 01:33 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: