What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Any MS Word experts out there?

Any MS Word experts out there?
Author: Message:
ZrednaZ

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. Any MS Word experts out there?
Hi, this has nothing to do with Messenger or Plus!, but I'm hoping someone here will know the answer anyway. :)

I'm having some trouble with an auto-generated index in MS Word 2003:

http://home22.inet.tele.dk/anders/temp/index.jpg

Word automatically sets the text size of the various index layers. The rest seems to be customizable by the user by simply selecting the entire index and making the needed changes. The problem is that I need all the text in the index to be of the same size. I've tried selecting the entire index and then choosing a font size for the text, but in the end the size remains unaltered. Furthermore, no matter where I click in the index (big text, small text.) it says "size 12" in the toolbar even though it's not necessarily size 12. I'm probably just overlooking some simple checkbox somewhere. Any help greatly appreciated. ;)

No, I didn't search before
posting. Don't bother asking.
08-28-2005 02:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: Any MS Word experts out there?
quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
Hi, this has nothing to do with Messenger or Plus!, but I'm hoping someone here will know the answer anyway. :)

I'm having some trouble with an auto-generated index in MS Word 2003:

http://home22.inet.tele.dk/anders/temp/index.jpg

Word automatically sets the text size of the various index layers. The rest seems to be customizable by the user by simply selecting the entire index and making the needed changes. The problem is that I need all the text in the index to be of the same size. I've tried selecting the entire index and then choosing a font size for the text, but in the end the size remains unaltered. Furthermore, no matter where I click in the index (big text, small text.) it says "size 12" in the toolbar even though it's not necessarily size 12. I'm probably just overlooking some simple checkbox somewhere. Any help greatly appreciated. ;)

theres a type of text drop down box on the toolbar, sayin "heading" "subtitle" subtitle 1, 2, 3"  and so on, these are all set to different text and sizes and so on. if u change all the text to the same option then the text should all be the same.

hope this helps, haven't actually got MS installed on this computer atm so sorry can't go into more detail
08-28-2005 02:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hmaster

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Any MS Word experts out there?
I think the textbox you are onabout is "hyperlink" (drop down box next to times new roman) on the screeny :)
[Image: sig.png]
08-28-2005 03:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ZrednaZ

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Any MS Word experts out there?
Ok, I think I finally got it right... It involved adjusting some settings in "Insert --> Reference --> Index etc.", and maybe other some settings I touched by accident during my fiddling about. ;)

Thnx for your input. :)

This post was edited on 08-28-2005 at 03:50 PM by ZrednaZ.
No, I didn't search before
posting. Don't bother asking.
08-28-2005 03:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: