What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE
Author: Message:
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
in some cultures it is very common, my mum and dad had an arranged marriage, they had never met each other before the wedding day, and then when they got married my dad went back to england because he had a job there, and my mum had to stay in India for a few months while the VISA was sorted out, so they were married but had only seen each other once.
There lies the advantage in arranged marriages, because when you love someone it is not based on that initial attraction you had or that romantic time you had together - it's because you make the choice to love them. Sure, it may be a little more difficult, but when these two people love each other, you know it's real because they WORKED for it. all the same, I'd rather choose my wife :P

Anyone can love during the smooth times - it's when things get rough that true love shows itself.

This post was edited on 08-31-2005 at 09:07 PM by multimillion2k.
08-31-2005 09:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
emit
Disabled Account

Absolute true love is, in essence, unrequited love. They're one and the same. That's simply because true love isn't something you work on, it's just there. Hence unrequited. Normal love requires work, compromise, etc.

I'm not wise. I just write what I think about things.
08-31-2005 09:31 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I honestly thought that I had found the girl for me, I know that it may sound lame because I am only 15... When I met this girl Lydia, I liked everything about her, every single thing about me... So I started to treat her really well, and I liked her... She was having some family problems, so I waited almost 2 months until she was ready, then I asked her out, after we were really close... We both got on really well, had really good conversations, I got on really well with all of her family... When Lydia was ill and couldn't play with her little sister, I even sat and played board games with her sister, while I let Lydia sleep... Then, apparently like she treats every other guy she has been out with, she went off me, saying "it's not guna work"... She didn't even have the courage to speak with me to my face, she just said to me on msn "it's not guna work". I was honestly devestated, this happened a week ago tomorrow, and I haven't been the same since, as some people on the forums might tell you, I'm not my usual happy self, and my temperament is really low. I just need to calm down and find something that can take my mind off of things... I don't know what to do, it sucks, I feel empty... Nothing is going too well for me at the moment, and she made me feel special, and now it's all gone...
08-31-2005 10:23 PM
Ash_

34 / Male / –
blah, all the good shit (like easy to talk to, sense of humor etc etc),
but she has to have green eyes or i will cry
[Image: xso_cry.gif]
[Image: msn_tongue.gif] i LOVE
green eyes.
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
08-31-2005 10:27 PM
Aeryn

– / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by marissa cool
but maybe it's like true love to you becuase you love them and give them so much? its not "true love" in the sense that you and the person arent together sharing the love, but waht you feel may be true love towards the one you love..i dunno, maybe?
Yup, that's the way I see it too, actually.

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
Moses Mendelssohn, the grandfather of the well-known German composer, was far from being handsome.
[. . .]
Then Frumtje looked up into his eyes and was stirred by some deep memory. She reached out and gave Mendelssohn her hand and later became his devoted wife.

*sniff* :$ :D

quote:
Originally posted by Time
Absolute true love is, in essence, unrequited love. They're one and the same. That's simply because true love isn't something you work on, it's just there. Hence unrequited. Normal love requires work, compromise, etc.
So true love isn't normal love? :D

Anyway, I can't fully agree with the "true love isn't something you work on" part. In some sense, indeed, but I also think one has to work with oneself to be able to love "truly". You gotta learn to love, or at least learn how to find the best output (or something, can't find the right word) to that love.

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I was honestly devestated, this happened a week ago tomorrow, and I haven't been the same since, as some people on the forums might tell you, I'm not my usual happy self, and my temperament is really low. I just need to calm down and find something that can take my mind off of things... I don't know what to do, it sucks, I feel empty... Nothing is going too well for me at the moment, and she made me feel special, and now it's all gone...
Yeah, I guess in life you'll meet many people who you think are the one for you, but later see they still kinda aren't...
And if I may say so, I don't think desperately trying to get your mind off of it will really help. You just need to allow yourself to be sad for some time, it'll get easier by itself as time goes. :)

Hmmm... Do y'all believe that there is "the one" for you out there?
I actually don't, I think there are quite many people with whom you could be very happy and all, there's no specific person you're destined to be with. At some point you'll just start thinking that that wonderful person in your life is the one you're meant to be with...
09-01-2005 08:32 AM
emit
Disabled Account

RE: RE: again... a dodgy thread about true LOVE
quote:
Originally posted by Haz
quote:
So true love isn't normal love? :D

Anyway, I can't fully agree with the "true love isn't something you work on" part. In some sense, indeed, but I also think one has to work with oneself to be able to love "truly". You gotta learn to love, or at least learn how to find the best output (or something, can't find the right word) to that love.

Hmmm... Do y'all believe that there is "the one" for you out there?
I actually don't, I think there are quite many people with whom you could be very happy and all, there's no specific person you're destined to be with. At some point you'll just start thinking that that wonderful person in your life is the one you're meant to be with...

Of course true love isn't normal love, it's way way beyond it. It's just an ethereal connection with one person that you both share that is even more indescribable than normal love.
Of course there's "the one" for everybody. A single person who they would share a passion stronger and more beautiful with than just the people that they could be happy with.
09-01-2005 11:26 AM
Ash_

34 / Male / –
quote:
Of course true love isn't normal love, it's way way beyond
it. It's just an ethereal connection with one person that you both
share that is even more indescribable than normal love.
Of course
there's "the one" for everybody. A single person who they would share a
passion stronger and more beautiful with than just the people that they
could be happy with.
* Ash_ bow's to time.
i never thought of it like that, after reading it,
it seems like the most logical explanation to what love is.
[Image: clap.gif]

This post was edited on 09-01-2005 at 11:58 AM by Ash_.
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
09-01-2005 11:58 AM
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
quote:
Of course true love isn't normal love, it's way way beyond it. It's just an ethereal connection with one person that you both share that is even more indescribable than normal love.
Of course there's "the one" for everybody. A single person who they would share a passion stronger and more beautiful with than just the people that they could be happy with.
Who can verify such things?
Statistically, if there was only the one person, the chances of you actually ending up with that person would similar to matching predetermined straws of hay in a haystack by choosing them randomly. I am not entirely sure what the resulting number is, but I will say that this means that at any one time, less than 50 couples in the world ever get to understand what true love is, and you will agree with me.
This would mean that all the rest of the world can do is sigh, and find a mate who will hopefully be close enough to the perfect one to make life worthwhile.
And since I will have true love, I wish you all the best of luck for the remaining 49 places :P
09-01-2005 08:59 PM
emit
Disabled Account

Love isn't about statistics. That's far too clinical.
09-02-2005 12:00 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Love isn't about statistics. That's far too clinical.
but he got a point :p
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
09-02-2005 12:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: