What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Microsoft Antispyware

Microsoft Antispyware
Author: Message:
Alvinbeo

All the best!

88 / Other / –
O.P. Microsoft Antispyware
Hi all, my microsoft antispyware always identifies Messenger Plus! as a spyware.

Can anybody here tell me the reasons?

Thank you very much.
09-18-2005 12:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
hexel

May 'the Google' be with you!

35 / Female / –
RE: Microsoft Antispyware
The petition should be quite informative about that.
09-18-2005 12:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jacko_all

Jacko_all

49 / Male / –
Grin  RE: Microsoft Antispyware Soloution!
quote:
Originally posted by Alvinbeo
Hi all, my microsoft antispyware always identifies Messenger Plus! as a spyware.

Can anybody here tell me the reasons?

It happened to me too.

I Installed Messenger plus without the sponsor and still Microsoft AntiSpyware detected it... [Image: throwpc.gif]
This does not confirm that there is spyware in Messenger Plus, But that that the Messenger Plus Software has been identified as a 'bundler software type' and may pose a threat.

If you are not an advanced user, it would seem that Messenger Plus would be as a fact spyware, THIS IS SIMPLY NOT THE CASE!

[Image: rocknana.gif] I did how ever manage to resolve that issue. [Image: rocknana.gif]

I put it on the "Ignore Spyware Threats" list.  It's that simple.

DO NOT QUARANTINE IT! If you do, you will make a mess of it {The Microsoft Anti-spyware Quarantine lacks performance when re-integrating the quarantined item} and you will have to re-install Mess Plus after taking it out of quarantine.
Yes, this process initially is a hassle <putting it on an ignore list> when it comes up, but well worth it.

I hope this helps everyone...

:plus2: I love Mess Plus and have used it religiously and endorse this message :plus2:

09-22-2005 06:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
joao267

RE: RE: Microsoft Antispyware Soloution!
I use Microsoft Anti-Spyware too, and it said that msg plus is a thread, but i know that msg plus isn't spyware, so i set it to always ignore msg plus.
And I sign th petition
( Sorry any English mistake )
09-22-2005 08:09 PM
shinji

RE: Microsoft Antispyware
Yea!  It seems we are making progress.  Between my thread bitching about this on the Microsoft antispyware newsgroups, my false positive report that I sent and the petition that patchou has done it is no longer re-flagging msgplus.exe on load.  It is still however flagging the program during a normal scan.  Grrr....
09-23-2005 08:04 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: