What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Nightmares

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
Nightmares
Author: Message:
evil_panda

Ahhhh...Rupert

34 / Male / –
RE: Nightmares
I had a dream just yesturday where i was haveing sex with an unknown girl and my teacher (Mr. Leeds) was standing right behind me ahhhhhhhhhhh it was scary.
[Image: sig.jpg]
09-19-2005 05:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by evil_panda
I had a dream just yesturday where i was haveing sex with an unknown girl and my teacher (Mr. Leeds) was standing right behind me ahhhhhhhhhhh it was scary.

Nice... lol. Mr Leeds is quite a scary guy...

I always have a dream when I'm half asleep, and I'm riding a bike, then I fall off and I jump up awake...
09-19-2005 06:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Nightmares
i always get that i always just jump, i think i posted this earlier, i wonder what its called.....?

[Image: sinavatar4ie.jpg]

09-19-2005 06:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
Falling Dreams:

quote:
Originally posted by dreammoods.com
Falling dreams are another theme that is quite common in the world of dreams. Contrary to a popular myth, you will not actually die if you do not wake up before your hit the ground during a fall.

As with most common dream themes, falling is an indication of insecurities, instabilities, and anxieties. You are feeling overwhelmed and out of control in some situation in your waking life. This may reflect the way you feel in your relationship or in your work environment. You have lost your foothold and can not hang on or keep up with the hustle and bustle of daily life. When you fall, there is nothing that you can hold on to. You more or less are forced toward this downward motion without any control. This lost of control may parallel a waking situation in your life.

Falling dreams also often reflect a sense of failure or inferiority in some circumstance or situation. It may be the fear of failing in your job/school, loss of status, or failure in love. You feel shameful and lack a sense of pride. You are unable to keep up with the status quo or that you don't measure up.

According to Freudian theory, dreams of falling indicate that you are contemplating giving into a sexual urge or impulse. You maybe lacking indiscretion.

Falling dreams typically occur during the first stage of sleep. Dreams in this stage are often accompanied by muscle spasms of the arms, legs, and the whole body. These sudden contractions, also known as myclonic jerks. Sometimes when we have these falling dreams, we feel our whole body jerk or twitch and we awaken from this jerk. It is thought that this jerking action is part of an arousal mechanism that allows the sleeper to awaken and become quickly alert and responsive to possible threats in the environment.

According to biblical interpretations, dreams about falling have a negative overtone and suggest that man is acting and walking according to his own way of thinking and not those of the Lord.

Elevator Dreams:

quote:
To dream that you are ascending in an elevator, signifies that you will quickly rise to status and wealth. You may have risen to a higher level of consciousness and are looking at the world from an elevated viewpoint. Descending in an elevator, denotes that misfortunes will crush and discourage you. The up and down action of the elevator may represent the ups and downs of your life go emerging out of and submerging into your subconscious.

To dream that the elevator is out of order or that it is not letting you off, symbolizes that your emotions have gotten out of control.

To dream that an elevator is falling out of control, refers to your fears of letting go. You may also be expressing  your desire to give up and escape from some demanding situation.  If the elevator stops just right before it crashes, then it indicates that if you hang on long enough, everything will turn out all fine in the end.

Dreams with a teacher in:

quote:
To see your teacher (past or present) in your dream, suggests that you are seeking some advice, guidance, or knowledge. You are heading into a new path in life and ready to learn by example or from a past experience. Consider your own personal experiences with that particular teacher. What subject was taught? Alternatively, it may relate to issues with authority and seeking approval. You may going through a situation in your waking life where you feel that you are being treated like a student or in which you feel you are being put to a test.

Dreams about School:

quote:
To dream that you are in school, signifies feelings of inadequacy and childhood insecurities that have never been resolved. It may relate to anxieties about performance and abilities. You may also be going through a "spiritual learning" experience. If you are still in school and dream about school, then it will naturally serve as a backdrop to your dream world.  Alternatively, a dream that takes place in school may be a metaphor for the lessons that you are learning from your waking life.

High School
To dream about high school, refers to the bounds and friendships that you made while you were in high school. What spiritual lessons have you learned? The dream may also be telling you that you need to start preparing for the real world.

To dream that you have to repeat high school, suggests that you are doubting your accomplishments and the goals that you have already completed. You feel that you may not be measuring up to the expectation of others. The dream may occur because some recent situation may have awakened old anxieties and insecurities.

School Bus
To see a school bus in your dream, suggests that you are about to venture on a life journey needed for your own personal growth.

You can find more here. :happy:
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
09-19-2005 06:26 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
xpirdwingz

I will still reach u, wherever u r

36 / Female / –
Yay! dreammoods.com, I used to go there! Hm, well I've had my share of scary dreams, but there's this certain one, I use to have a long while back, and there would be some sort of empty room and I'd zoom into it, up close and the feeling I had while dreaming it just made my body feel all weird, like I knew there was nothing to be afraid of but thats just how I felt, like panic. Other dreams such as the house being broken into and I'm trying to hide without being seen at night while it happens. I've had this hilarious dream too, but lets just say it involves a huge live turkey and it was stalking me outside my house :P My friends laughed at me so much when I told em. I wish I had that dream again.. *sighs*.

This post was edited on 09-19-2005 at 08:50 PM by xpirdwingz.
Now I need a new sig... :/
09-19-2005 08:49 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

One dream that I remember was when I was about 5, I woke up in tears and cried for hours...

I only remember it vaguely, as I was young... It was something to do with aliens, I was hid in a tube, and I saw my Dad get killed by an alien, sort of turned into a red sloppy mess of meat...
09-19-2005 08:56 PM
DebsyUk21

– / Female / –
Sad  RE: Nightmares
Iv'e had bad nightmares recently i think it was due to getting over shingles but the last past two nightmares i had was someone chasing me and actually killed me and i felt it werid i know, and the other one was just horrible dont want to remind myself,its your brain isn;t it playing trick on you:(
09-21-2005 01:14 PM
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

I only remember it vaguely, as I was young... It was something to do with aliens, I was hid in a tube, and I saw my Dad get killed by an alien, sort of turned into a red sloppy mess of meat...

i know a kid who had a dream like that, they were the aliens of signs only yellow..?

09-21-2005 04:46 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

When I had these dreams though, I was really young, I can only remember the part where my Dad was killed...
09-21-2005 04:50 PM
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
Meh it was james carringtons man it was wierd.... he gets really worked up i remeber he was tlaking about it and his mum knocked on the door....omg i have never seen anyone move so fast...:P

09-21-2005 04:52 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: