What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Tabbed Convos Problem

Tabbed Convos Problem
Author: Message:
STA1661

– / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Tabbed Convos Problem
Fristly the specs

MSN: 7.5.0306
MSG Plus!: 3.61.145

Now to try and describe the problem: -

When using the tabbed conversation feature in the latest version of Messenger Plus! whenever someone sends a message the window seems to reduce itself from a Maximised window to a Normal Sized window. I do not have windowsblinds. I  turned off the "Auto-activte chats with unread messages" feature but it did not help the situation.

What is my next plan of action???????

This post was edited on 10-04-2005 at 07:38 AM by STA1661.
If only people could respect someone who once had respect for them up until recently when all trust and respect was lost.

Depression. A psychiatric disorder characterized by an inability to concentrate, insomnia, loss of appetite, anhedonia, feelings of extreme sadness, guilt, helplessness and hopelessness, and thoughts of death. One in six men will experience depression at some time.
10-04-2005 06:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
joao267

RE: Tabbed Convos Problem
I don't know but it can be spyware. Spyware can do much things to messenger
( Sorry any English mistake )
10-04-2005 10:20 AM
STA1661

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Tabbed Convos Problem
quote:
Originally posted by joao267
I don't know but it can be spyware. Spyware can do much things to messenger

I ran Anti-Virus and Spyware scans yesterday before I went to bed. The new Messenger Plus! download and install was the first thing I did this morning.
If only people could respect someone who once had respect for them up until recently when all trust and respect was lost.

Depression. A psychiatric disorder characterized by an inability to concentrate, insomnia, loss of appetite, anhedonia, feelings of extreme sadness, guilt, helplessness and hopelessness, and thoughts of death. One in six men will experience depression at some time.
10-04-2005 10:23 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
joao267, I know you're trying to help, but going on about bugs in WIndows isn't helping.

Deano, what plugins do you use? It's possible there's a compatibility problem with one of them. Try disabling them all, see if the problem disappears. If so, enable the plugins one-by-one. When the problem reappears, the plugin you last enabled is the culprit.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
10-04-2005 10:37 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
STA1661

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Tabbed Convos Problem
Plugins Currently Being Used: -
Stuffplug: v2.2.397
ColorNick v2: 2.0.708

I did Use Pheonix v2.01 but it used to crash MSN until I disabled it.

I never had any problems until I installed Messenger Plus! 3.61. :S

This post was edited on 10-04-2005 at 10:47 AM by STA1661.

10-04-2005 10:41 AM
joao267

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Stuffplug: v2.2.397
Wait, Stuff Plug v2.2.397 is a beta version. I use it and it gave me several problems. So I've  disabled it! Now I'm waiting for Stuff Plug 3
( Sorry any English mistake )
10-04-2005 10:44 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Deano
Can you please let me know how to reproduce that behaviour? v2.01 shouldn't crash Messenger at all.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
10-04-2005 10:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
STA1661

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Tabbed Convos Problem
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
Originally posted by Deano
Can you please let me know how to reproduce that behaviour? v2.01 shouldn't crash Messenger at all.

Well basically every 2-3 hours, a pheonix pop up would say that someone changed their status and then it would freeze up. Then Windows XP would come back saying that It had to try and debug it or close it, etc.

EDIT: The error with Phenoix has since been rectified. It was the version of Messenger Plus! I was using at the time it was happening.

This post was edited on 10-04-2005 at 11:51 AM by STA1661.

10-04-2005 10:52 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: