What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1
Author: Message:
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1
It was a great game (from an Australian perspective:P) and it was good to see most of the Aussies getting back into some form. There was practically nobody that turned up to the game though:O Only about 18000 people is really dodgy. They should have played the at least one game in Western Australia because school holidays are still on here unlike dodgy Eastern states :P

I think the World XI played too many "smashers" in the first match (and these players' positioning in the batting order also were dodgy I thought) ... it can work if one or two gets a big score but it seems unlikely that it can work in the current positioning. After Lara, Sangakarra, Kallis and Dravid the World XI were stuck with very attacking players with the likes of Flintoff and Afridi. If they want to play this many attacking batsmen (they really have no choice because Chris Gayle is their other batting squad member, another smasher, and will be playing instead of Afridi) I think they should spread them around the batting order a little more."

Austraila really had a few problems with their catching though :undecided: 4 dropped catches isn't ideal...

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
Did anyone hear that Mcgrath won't be playing tomorrow? He injured himself so Stuart Clark will be taking his place. It'll be his debut for Australia.
Yeah hes not playing because he is being rested, or thats whats being reported anyway. If he is actually being rested, could the Australian's can't be taking the series too seriously, or is McGrath getting too old? :undecided:

Just a question for interest, do you think the World XI team, apart from possibly Peitersen, Flintoff and Gayle have been picked on their great records, not their recent series and current form?

And to the person wondering about the Canadian team they played in teh world cup in 2003 and they actually won a game or at least came close if I remember correctly. The Austrailan, Davidson who plays for Canada in Internationals made the fastest century in world cup history agaisnt the West Indies and Canada posted a few worthwhile scores (mainly thanks to Davidson). Now he plays for South Australia in the domestic form of the game for Australia.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

10-06-2005 01:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ben™

quote:
Originally posted by haydn
They should have played the at least one game in Western Australia because school holidays are still on here unlike dodgy Eastern states :P
They're still on here in NSW, thank you very much :P
BetaXP.net    |    Mess.be
10-06-2005 02:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ben™
quote:
Originally posted by haydn
They should have played the at least one game in Western Australia because school holidays are still on here unlike dodgy Eastern states :P
They're still on here in NSW, thank you very much :P
Thats why i said dodgy eastern states... NSW isn't dodgy, its just an Eastern state 8-):P

Just on that Canadian World Cup Series by Canada again, I checked up on it and Canada actually won a game, albeit against Bangladesh. The fastest century in WC history that John Davidson scored was brought up in just 67 balls (he ended up making 111 off 76, the total team score for Canada was a measly 202 and they lost the match). Also against New Zealand in the WC Davidson made 75 in quick time including the bigest six i have ever seen.

This post was edited on 10-06-2005 at 02:46 PM by haydos.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy

10-06-2005 02:41 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Aussies own the world XI like i predicted :banana:

The second ODI is today/going on atm/already over yesterday/day before yesterday rite ??

code:
if (match_over >= 1)
printf("%s won by %d %s",team_win,margin,margin_varb);

else
printf("The match isnt over");
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
10-08-2005 10:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
I have one thing to say to all you true aussies out there :P - "That's Gold" ;)
Segosa is newb.
10-08-2005 10:54 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
I have one thing to say to all you true aussies out there :P - "That's Gold" ;)
I aint an aussie :refuck:

Its common sence that probability that aussies will pwn the WXI team is higher than the probability that WXI will pwn the aussies cause
a) The aussies are the world champions for the past 6 years and have dominated for atleast the last 4 years.

So what if they lost 1 series .... still it was a hard fought one :P

b) The are a unit They are used to working together unlike the WXI team.

c) They are soooooo motivated after the loss against england + the media thrashing (which was undeserved)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
10-08-2005 11:03 AM
sena

mEo Rocks!

34 / Male / –
Go the Aussies!!!!
[Image: mEo3.jpg]
10-08-2005 11:07 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
a) The aussies are the world champions for the past 6 years and have dominated for atleast the last 4 years.

erm.. i think you mean the last 20 years :P
Segosa is newb.
10-08-2005 11:08 AM
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Super Series - Aussies VS Wold X1
You forget the days when West indies were on song :tongue:

Great game by Aussies and Hayden.. World XI did a good chase indeed...except that they lost wickets regularly :p

Hope atleast  WXI will pull off last game :tongue:
10-08-2005 11:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by shine
Great game by Aussies and Hayden..
erm... Matty Hayden was dropped, I think you mean Adam Gilchrist ;)

It was a much more exciting match than the first, some huge sixes as well. The final ODI is on about 12hrs after this post so you can work it out for wherever you are in the world.

Looks like Peitersen (Thigh) and Katich (Groin) could miss the match with injuries which is a shame. McGrath should be back however which is great for the Aussies. I think World XI should have quite a good chance in this match because they will have had more of a chance to gel with each other and organise their ideas (so they dont run each other out anymore:P)

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
"That's Gold"
x2
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy

10-08-2005 04:23 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »