What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » NickChange Plugin

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
NickChange Plugin
Author: Message:
n0n4m3

44 / Male / Flag
RE: NickChange Plugin
Damn!
False alarm :( I was doing some tests and now it doesn't work, I guess I didn't have the plugin loaded or something. The AppDomain is unloaded but for some reason the dll file isn't released.
11-06-2005 11:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
sorry for looking stupid but it says nowhere in this thread what this plugin actually does..so tell me, what does it do exactly?
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
11-07-2005 12:07 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
n0n4m3

44 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: NickChange Plugin
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
sorry for looking stupid but it says nowhere in this thread what this plugin actually does..so tell me, what does it do exactly?

This plugin allows you to have a personalized list of nicks and change to one of them automatically from time to time or manually when you want. There's also the options to:
- change nicks sequentially or randomly accordingly to their order in the nicks' list.
- restore the old name when turned off
- write to event log
11-07-2005 01:01 AM
J-Thread

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: NickChange Plugin
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs

At the first release there was another thread with a discussion about this, but it is indeed a good idea to write down the features here. So I've updated my first post;)

About the reloading etc, I don't have much time at the moment to test it, but I will keep it in mind. Btw, about the loading of multiple C# plugins, I already send Patchou an e-mail about it but never got an answer... But that doesn't really matter, if I find something usefull I will of course send him another mail. But I doubt if it is a problem in msg plus, because I have already been able to run multiple C# plugins, the problem is, I can't reproduce...
11-07-2005 08:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
n0n4m3

44 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: NickChange Plugin
quote:
Originally posted by J-Thread
About the reloading etc, I don't have much time at the moment to test it, but I will keep it in mind. Btw, about the loading of multiple C# plugins, I already send Patchou an e-mail about it but never got an answer... But that doesn't really matter, if I find something usefull I will of course send him another mail. But I doubt if it is a problem in msg plus, because I have already been able to run multiple C# plugins, the problem is, I can't reproduce...

I think TazDevil is right, it must be done in the messenger plus side since doesn't make sense a plugin to release itself.
Also, i think that the appdomain thing explains why we can only have one c# plugin at a time. Since there's no appdomain for a plugin, the .net framework will load a default appdomain for every plugin and this will make appdomains to collide and load only one plugin.

I'll read more about this to get facts and not just thoughts :P
11-07-2005 03:06 PM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
I was trying yesterday with n0n4m3
to try make the Typelib available to be loaded by LoadTypeLib(), and i was wandering if this is altoghether possible
(i mean i dont want to extract the typelibrary to a tlb file, i just want it available from within the dll.

anyway one more comment on your plugin...
i was trying to dynamically invoke your Configure command supplied by Plus!.. but got an .NET error and then the dialog appeared...
Then i checked with the reflector and you have 3 Configure() methods with different set of arguments...
So i think it would be wise to rename those functions and leave only one (the Plus! one) called Configure...
Window Manager is discontinued, for WLM try the new,
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
11-07-2005 06:51 PM
J-Thread

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: NickChange Plugin
Well it just a programming style to have functions with the same name and different params (overloading).

It works correctly with msgplus so I don't think there will be any problems... But well, I may change the function name in the final version, although I don't see why it should be changed...
11-07-2005 06:55 PM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
yeah i works fine with plus...
but this is what i get when i try to call the function

Anyway do you know anything about the other question ?

.jpg File Attachment: untitled.JPG (35.25 KB)
This file has been downloaded 367 time(s).
Window Manager is discontinued, for WLM try the new,
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
11-07-2005 07:04 PM
J-Thread

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: NickChange Plugin
This isn't an error according to the overload functions, but my plugin is designed to be loaded by plus, and the Configure function is usually always called after the Initialize function...

So when you do Initialize first and then Configure it should work(Y)

About the other question, I don't really understand what the question is...
11-07-2005 07:46 PM
zejeske

RE: RE: NickChange Plugin
quote:
Originally posted by J-Thread
This isn't an error according to the overload functions, but my plugin is designed to be loaded by plus, and the Configure function is usually always called after the Initialize function...

So when you do Initialize first and then Configure it should work(Y)

About the other question, I don't really understand what the question is...

I wish it were possible that you may also release this version for windows live 2011
I use this script too for my ads!

Congrats Script
06-10-2011 09:04 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: