What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » NickChange Plugin

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
NickChange Plugin
Author: Message:
J-Thread

– / Male / –
O.P. Grin  NickChange Plugin
New!!
NickChange has been released as a script for Messenger Plus! Live.

After a lot of research, testing, chatting and mailing with other plugin writers, I've finally finished a version of NickChange that is good enough to publish.

It has been written in C#, and that was the problem, but I hope a lot of people will test this betá version and give me clues, so I can finally find out what the problem really is. But, off course it does also work on a lot of pc's.

The bugs I know right now are:
-If doesn't work together with other .NET plugins. I think it's a bug in msgplus, so I'll contact Patchou about that. I tested together with Music Logger Plus!, and when MLP is loaded, NickChange will not load. When you turn off MLP, NickChange is loaded. Please reply here if you are able to load 2 or more .NET (C# and VB.NET) plugins together. It could help me.

-It doesn't seem to work at windows 98 pc's. My guess is you need Windows Messenger for it. I didn't test on a windows 98 machine with Windows Messenger, so I'm not sure. Please reply here if you are able to use NickChange on a Windows 98 machine. Please check if you have the Windows Messenger and tell me(Y).

If you use Windows XP and don't use other plugins, this should be working properly. If not, please tell me, it can help me! When replying here, please include your windows version, msn version, msgplus version and a list of other plugins you use. Off course if you notice other bugs or spelling mistakes (my english isn't that good) you can just tell me, I don't need your windows version to correct my spelling mistake;)

Features:
With this plugin, you can:
-Make a list with nicknames
-Let your nickname change every "time interval" (ie 10 seconds, or a day) according to this list
-Let your names change randomly or ordered (you could tell a store by change your name to a new line of the story every 10 seconds)
-Turn the plugin on and off
-Restore your old name when you turn the plugin off
-The plugin will stay on when you close msn messenger (or even your pc) and will continue the next time you sign in
-It can also write to the event log when it has been turned on and off
-Display the status of the plugin (off or on, and if it's on, displays the interval etc.)

Available commands:
/xncabout - displays the about window
/xncadd - Adds a name to the list
/xncon - Turn NickChange on
/xncoff - Turn NickChange off
/xncoption - Display the options window, that is also displayed when turning the plugin on
/xncstatus - Displays the actual status of the plugin (On or Off, and if on then Interval etc)

UPDATE: I've updated the file to version 0.95. You can use this installer as an update, it'll overwrite the old one so there's no need of uninstalling it first. The update includes the following:

-A few bugs have been solved
-There is now an option to let NickChange log when it is turned on and off. To let this work, your msgplus option to make an Event Log has to be on also. It'll log when it's turned on, and when it's turned off.
-There is an option to let NickChange read the names file ({installdir}/{youremail}.txt) every time when the name is changed. This may slow down your computer, only use this option when you really need it (for example when another proces writes something to a file every time). By default, NickChange reads the file at initialize

Update 2:
The version is now 0.96. There was a little bug in the setup, so people with multiple framework versions couldn't install the plugin. I've also included a check for the msgplus api version, so the version to log to plus will be disabled when that isn't possible.

Jeroen A.K.A. J-Thread

.exe File Attachment: setup.exe (324.61 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1917 time(s).

This post was edited on 06-30-2006 at 06:41 PM by J-Thread.
10-05-2005 11:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: NickChange Plugin
downloading...

will look for bugs :)
10-05-2005 11:32 AM
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
i will download it too...
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
10-05-2005 11:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
Well, I installed, set it up and everything...

But the nick doesn't change... :P

Tested without other plugins running, same thing.

Versions:
Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0816
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.61.0145

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

10-05-2005 01:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
J-Thread

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: NickChange Plugin
Are you sure there are some Nicknames in the list to change to? Do /xncoption and look at Nicknames if there is at least one nickname in the list.

Also, the first change is actually AFTER "Interval", so not immediately. So if you set Interval to Daily, tomorrow will be the first time it does change...

And just to check, you did turn it on do you? By the way, you can always check the status with /xncstatus, it should give a toast telling you it's on and the interval. Btw, sometimes turn it off and on again may work....
10-05-2005 02:57 PM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by J-Thread
And just to check, you did turn it on do you?
Didn't know it had an on/off option... :P It should be on the dialog too, imo.

Anyway, nice work. (Y)

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

10-05-2005 03:11 PM
remkot

on/off option? Where can i find it?
10-05-2005 03:24 PM
J-Thread

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: NickChange Plugin
Thought it wouldn't be that difficult...:S I'll include a readme file in the final version.

Available commands:
/xncabout - displays the about window
/xncadd - Adds a name to the list
/xncon - Turn NickChange on
/xncoff - Turn NickChange off
/xncoption - Display the options window, that is also displayed when turning the plugin on
/xncstatus - Displays the actual status of the plugin (On or Off, and if on then Interval etc)

All those commands can also be found in the Plus! menu.. Plus! -> Plugins -> NickChange Plugin

By the way, when you do /xncon, you see the options menu again. When you click Cancel there, off course the plugin isn't turned on!
10-05-2005 03:29 PM
remkot

I'm so sorry for my supid questions, but where i can fill in the command's?

I have open a confrontation screen (" dutch" gesprek's venster)
then i'ts works fine. But can i set the commando's white oute the confrontation screen (" dutch" gesprek's venster)? So yes, please thel me please where to put it.

Sorry, but this is my first plugin that i install.
And sorry for my bad english.

Keep up the good job!

Greeds remko
10-05-2005 04:50 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Commands are always meant to be entered in a conversation screen. There is no other way to invoke a command (unless the plugin in question has some buttons for those commands or something in the preferences dialog of that plugin.)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-05-2005 04:57 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: