What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » .mp3 and .wma icons changed

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
.mp3 and .wma icons changed
Author: Message:
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: .mp3 and .wma icons changed
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Not using a GUI would sovle the problem as well, just like that sarcasm was unnecessary.
Maybe it was unnecessary and uncalled for, but your suggestion of reinstalling Windows was also unnecessary. In 99,999999999999% of all problems reinstalling Windows is never a true solution. It is suggested by people who don't know the real issue or how to solve something in the proper way

(sorry for the, again, rude talk maybe; it isn't meant personally. But lately I've seen more than enough "reinstall windows" suggestions)
Apology accepted :).

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
No, adjusting the color settings will not "change" the icons (from a house to a cat), but it will change the resolution and color depth used for those icons. An icon (and certainly those associated with many Windows files and programs) actually can contain multiple icons of different sizes and color depths. Windows will always automatically choose the icon which fits the current used display settings.

People who report that their icons didn't change (as in: it is still a house that is displaying, not a cat), but that they seem a bit strange, pixelated, or full of 'random' pixels (thus appearance of the house has been changed) have often adjusted their display settings (by accident) or have used a program which altered the color depth... This is the number one problem in icon troubles.
I know what you are referring to (I have done icon design), but what you are explaining isn't what I meant.

Reaper's problem is now solved, and it was the wrong icons that were configured by some cause.

I was trying to explain that it was possible that the correct configuration was present, but the referenced icon wasn't the expected icon. This can be compared to a desktop wallpaper being set to an image, but then that wallpaper image being edited or replaced with another, and reconfiguring the same image as wallpaper will simply apply the modified image, not that which was originally set.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
10-13-2005 08:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: