What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » This guy is just...RICH! [not 56k-friendly]

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
This guy is just...RICH! [not 56k-friendly]
Author: Message:
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
RE: This guy is just...RICH! [not 56k-friendly]
Who is he trying to be with all that money?  Is he proving something? It's just pointless...

I laugh at stuff like this...
10-11-2005 07:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
wow this is just amazing!
if you have an idea and determination you can be like that after long years..
so what im gettin from Shines stories this guy is dead?
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

10-11-2005 07:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
Yes he died last year... If you look at that palace ..dont get carried away with the extravagent ways. All Sheiks and rulers are like this in middle east. Think of  Saddam for instance and his palaces..

But this person was different. He was people's man. It is only his determination that made the whole UAE story possible. Earlier UAE was small independant states.. It was he who brought them together..and made this possible. They struck the black Gold (oil) and made most of it. But they were not stupid to live on that money. They knew that one day they will run out of oil. So they turned to such projects that will stustain it self.. Dubai is turning out to be a commercial hub of the world.. It will be the commercial capital of teh world soon in future.

One more story. Sultan was diaganosed for renal failure (both kidneys gone bad) They was an appeal for donating kidney to Sultan. It is believed they recieved thousands of applications from porobable donors. At last only two were selected. One as back up if something goes wrong. Transplantation was done. Its was success.

The person who was the back up is a millionare now... So imagine how is donor :grin:

This post was edited on 10-11-2005 at 07:54 PM by shine.
10-11-2005 07:50 PM
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
those *** are wasting the money on nothing!! they think they can be a wow thing or people will consider them as the top elegant.

look look this is the palm island
[Image: Palm_Island,_Dubai.jpg]

i think will be constraucted by owen william,

Owen Williams has been commissioned by Sir Frederick Snow & Partners to do the feasibility and preliminary design of 7 bridges (varying in span from 40m to 140m) which are to be constructed over the world’s two largest man-made islands just off the coast of the city of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. 

The two palm shaped islands are expected to contribute to the city’s position as a tourist destination and will include 120 kilometres of sandy beaches, 2000 villas, 40 hotels and the Middle East’s first Marine Park.  Due to its immense scale and unique shape the islands will be visible from space!

The project is involving both the Sheffield and Birmingham office with completion expected in July 2003.

The two longest bridges are to be three span cable stayed structures built by balanced cantilever methods.  The other bridges are a mixture of precast concrete and steel composite types.  A number of services are to be carried; including 4 x 1.2m diameter cooled water mains on most of the bridges.

Construction of the Islands started in 2001, with both islands taking two years to be completely raised from the sea and a further 2/3 years required to complete the infrastructure and buildings.  The islands will be accessible by 300 metre bridges from the mainland or boat to two marinas, while the main causeway will have a monorail system.

they are crazy !! why so many islands, isnt' one enough?

This post was edited on 10-11-2005 at 08:10 PM by zaher1988.
10-11-2005 07:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
those *** are wasting the money on nothing!! they think they can be a wow thing or people will consider them as the top elegant.

You are wrong! They are planning to make it a tourist destination & a commercial Hub of the world and these are the things that will make it special. Imagine living in Villa on a quite peaceful  island  near Manhattan. Who wouldnt want to do that.

This post was edited on 10-11-2005 at 08:09 PM by shine.
10-11-2005 08:05 PM
Yousef

(previously known as Juzzi)

35 / Male / Flag
All the water projects are done by the dutch by the way :p
I want to go to dubai as well, I might be able to go once because my father needs to be there sometimes :d
Developer of BuddyFuse: Google Talk, Twitter and Hyves in Windows Live Messenger
Ex-Microsoft intern and Windows Live Developer MVP in 2007 & 2008
10-11-2005 08:17 PM
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by shine
You are wrong! They are planning to make it a tourist destination & a commercial Hub of the world and these are the things that will make it special. Imagine living in Villa on a quite peaceful  island  near Manhattan. Who wouldnt want to do that.
i'm talking about such a big home who needs it
10-11-2005 08:21 PM
Jurassic_Ice

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: This guy is just...RICH! [not 56k-friendly]
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
More with the crap, are we?
This thread is :spam:

Why can't I give a -2?

your the only one that hates my posts, if you dotn have anything nice to say dont say anything at all, i thought that this was worth posting, and take a good look at how many replys, so stop your complaining

This post was edited on 10-11-2005 at 08:45 PM by Jurassic_Ice.
[Image: jaursicice.png]
10-11-2005 08:30 PM
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
i'm talking about such a big home who needs it
You are right. But hes not the only one lives there.. His Wifes (he had quite few of em) I donno the count. His children,their children.. the care takers.... But its an extravagent life King size :p. They can afford it. Oil cost them only few cents but is sold in world market at $60+ .. they are making hay while sun shines.
10-11-2005 08:57 PM
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Juzzi
All the water projects are done by the dutch by the way

Yeah wanted to say that too :)

Saw something on the tv about that island and how we dutchies knew the most about big water constructions so they hired dutch engineers for it :D

The show was about big water constructions btw, and most of them were done by the dutch :D

This post was edited on 10-11-2005 at 09:24 PM by Ezra.
[Image: 1-0.png]

10-11-2005 09:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: