What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General »

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Author: Message:
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
only his talk about setting the key in his first post. Not about the "signing in automatically" or "remember this account" things after that...
quote:
Thus the "default user" I was talking about and the "default user" in the Plus! tweaker are two very different things (not to mention the "default user" in msn messenger is yet another thing)...
yes, that's the point where Mandor was wrong. I know it's a bit confusing that "default user".....
quote:
However, I was under the very strong impression, by the stuff said by Patchou about this wizard, that this particular key isn't copied (like there are other keys which aren't copied; at least this was the case in earlier versions IIRC)...
as long as i know, there isn't any key under Nobody that isn't copied to the new account. Also, when clicking the "reset to defaults" link in the preferences, Plus just deletes all the preferences of the current account and copies the settings of Nobody.
quote:
The fact that in Plus! Tweaker the "nobody" account is also called "default user" is a bit confussing, and should actually be called otherwise ("Nobody" to be more correct). As the "nobody" account isn't the same as the default user account.
i think you're right.... I put "Default user" to refer to nobody because those are the settings for a "default user"... i mean: well, the new users get the settings from there, so they are like the default settings :P

I don't like very much "Nobody" to refer to those settings, maybe i should find another word :P I'll think about that for the next version... (maybe "default settings"?)
quote:
Nevertheless, I do apologize to mandorallen for providing inaccurate info...
don't worry about that... mandor told me on messenger that it was dificult for him to explain his point of view in english... so at the end all has been a missunderstanding :P
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
10-15-2005 01:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites