What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Desktop Contact Suggestion

Desktop Contact Suggestion
Author: Message:
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
O.P. Desktop Contact Suggestion
Hi, I've a suggestion for the floating contacts that I would find very useful. I haven't searched (sorry) because I'm in a hurry.

Occasionally a desktop contact is covering something such as the minimize/maximize/close buttons or something else which may need to be clicked. Rather than having to move the desktop contact to be able to click the item behind it, it would be very useful if a key could be pressed (i.e CTRL or Shift) that when the cursor hovers over the floating contact it overrides the default highlight and effectively 'ignores' that it is there...therefore being able to click on the desired item behind.

Can this be done?
[Image: kierantsig5ru.png]
10-12-2005 06:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Desktop Contact Suggestion
well u could just stik you desktop contact to the desktop so they are not on top all the time or put them in a place where they wont interfered like at the bottom of the screen
[Image: guanako20.png]
10-13-2005 01:17 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Only problem with that is that you can't see them all the time... I like the idea.... if it's possible that'd be really sweet! I love desktop contacts, but I also hate having to move my things around just to click something, cause I have my desktop contacts "locked in place"... lol.
10-13-2005 01:34 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Before I go to bed (and thus I don't have the time to post all the links, but I want to say this before this thread repeats everything): This has already been asked and discussed before. So if you want to re-discuss this, please find the previous thread(s) ;)

This post was edited on 10-13-2005 at 01:48 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-13-2005 01:48 AM
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Desktop Contact Suggestion
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Before I go to bed (and thus I don't have the time to post all the links, but I want to say this before this thread repeats everything): This has already been asked and discussed before. So if you want to re-discuss this, please find the previous thread(s) ;)

I've just got back (and am no longer in such a hurry :P) and have found this thread that suggests exactly the same thing. However, there are no solutions.
[Image: kierantsig5ru.png]
10-13-2005 02:02 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: