What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » bearshare restars C

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
bearshare restars C
Author: Message:
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  bearshare restars C
ok i run bearshare and start donwloading anythin and after like 5 mins of being in it my computer restars by it self:S and it anoying because when it restars it loses anything i have donwloaded :( do anyone knows why? a virus on the bearshare network or something?
[Image: guanako20.png]
10-18-2005 06:37 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
RE: bearshare restars C
try reinstalling it.
10-18-2005 06:57 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
ok i run bearshare and start donwloading anythin and after like 5 mins of being in it my computer restars by it self:S and it anoying because when it restars it loses anything i have donwloaded :( do anyone knows why? a virus on the bearshare network or something?
do you mean reboot or actually just turn off and turn back on?
quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
try reinstalling it.
i don't think that's going to help.
10-18-2005 07:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: bearshare restars C
it reboots. :S isnt it the same thing reboot and restar? it just booms! everything shuts down and comes back againg with the boot screen.

This post was edited on 10-18-2005 at 07:16 PM by guanako.
10-18-2005 07:14 PM
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
have u tried scanning your computer for viruses?
10-18-2005 07:19 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

sounds odd. did you recently download any low-sized executables? did you get the latest updates for your OS (to fix any potential vulnerabilities)? did you get some new software this month? do you get a message before the pc reboots?

also, weird thing is that, when you shut down your pc, it shuts down all apps and that should let bearshare save the currently downloading files. see below

you could try alternatives to the gnutella network (limewire, shareaza, gnuapp...) if bareshare fails to function

okay, so everything turns black and you get the boot screen. this might be caused by a bug in bearshare (i made my own windows system do that with a simple vb program) or by some physical damage to your hardware

This post was edited on 10-18-2005 at 07:20 PM by Millenium_edition.
10-18-2005 07:19 PM
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
no virus i just scanned it..

i just updated windows (this used to happend even before i updated)like last week, i havent download anythin that can harm it, no new software, no message before it reboots, and i dont shut it down, it does it byt it self,  i try other p2p's but some never connect(Ares), lime wire doesnt have wat im looking for, bearsshare had everything i neede and fast downloads.

something i just remember is that when it did it the first time, i tought it was the power supply over heating cus the fan wasnt working and it got to hot and had to shut down. so i unistalled bearshare and fixed my power supply(2 days ago) so i said ok now the power supply works so it wont do it, i installed bearshare again and same thing over and over...:^)

This post was edited on 10-18-2005 at 07:29 PM by guanako.
10-18-2005 07:23 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
something i just remember is that when it did it the first time, i tought it was the power supply over heating cus the fan wasnt working and it got to hot and had to shut down. so i unistalled bearshare and fixed my power supply(2 days ago) so i said ok now the power supply works so it wont do it, i installed bearshare again and same thing over and over...
i still think this has something to do with the bearshare program itself, and not your computer (as no other programs give this error)

maybe you should consider other p2p programs (bearshare has advertisements or something in that kind, unless you pay for it).
10-18-2005 07:32 PM
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
yeah maybe it has to do with its 'save' thing that comes with it :( any one recomend another good p2p?
10-18-2005 08:13 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Bearshare is causing a system error on your computer. There is a way to prevent it from restarting on this type of error but instead of restarting it will give you a bluescreen.

You might want to try their website to see if they have any info on it.
10-18-2005 08:35 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: